Oman Air's first A330-200 has been officially inaugurated
Oman Air just moved a step closer to completing their ambitious fleet expanding plans when they took delivery of their first Airbus A330-200. They celebrated with a ceremony held in Toulouse on September 15, 2009.
The main carrier of Oman holidays, Oman Air just took delivery of their first ever A330-200 airplane thus completing part of their fleet expansion target. The receipt of the brand new aircraft was celebrated with a ceremony that was attended by His Excellency Ahmed bin Abdulnabi Macki, Oman’s Minister of National Economy and Chairman of Oman Air, as well as Peter Hill, the airline’s Chief Executive Officer.
Another official ceremony took place the next day on September 16th 2009 to unveil the new aircraft at Seeb International Airport in Muscat. Honouring the new comfortable two-class airplane with space for 216 passengers (divided into 20 business class seats and 196 economy class seats), His Excellency Ahmed bin Abdulnabi Macki expressed his joy over the new fleet member:
“The delivery of this Airbus A330 is a milestone in the transformation of Oman Air. This brand-new A330 is the first of seven Airbus long-range aircraft to be delivered to Oman Air. All aircraft are to be delivered to the national carrier of Oman within the next two years as part of the airline’s expansion plan for its international fleet. Together with the opening of new routes to Frankfurt later this month, and Munich, Paris, Maldives and Colombo next month, these new aircraft are confirmation of Oman Air’s position as a major international airline.”
The new Economy Class at the airline’s new aircraft will feature seats will offer adjustable headrests and footrests, individual 10-inch video screens and will have a pitch of 34 inches. The Business Class seats will offer fully lie-flat beds, electrically controlled backrests and leg rests, buddy seats and 17-inch in-flight entertainment screens.
Ensuring the very best in in-flight entertainment, Oman Air has selected the Thales i5000 system, which, when combined with the Rockwell Collins Tailwind 560 platform, will provide live TV to every seat on the aircraft. In addition, every passenger flying with the main carrier of Oman holidays will have access to e-mail, internet, and mobile phone, as well as laptop, connectivity. This, coupled with the impeccable standard of service for which Oman Air is known, will make journeys truly memorable.
Chief Executive Officer of Oman Air, Peter Hill, concluded:
“We are absolutely delighted to be taking delivery of this superb new aircraft. Not only is the A330 itself at the leading edge of civil aviation, but the onboard products that Oman Air is offering to passengers are second to none.
“This aircraft offers Economy and Business Class cabins. Both are fitted with brand new seats that offer more space, greater comfort, fantastic in-flight entertainment options, and the very latest in communications technology. In fact, our Business Class seat goes way beyond what many airlines offer in First Class.
“The new aircraft, the new seats, together with new uniforms, menus and a host of other features, illustrate our commitment to offering all our customers the very highest levels of quality in everything we do.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Enjoy $200 Resort Coupons to use on Spa Treatments, Romantic Dinners and more
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Save more this March with exclusive savings plus 1st Child stays and Plays Free
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...