Oman Air's first A330-200 has been officially inaugurated
Oman Air just moved a step closer to completing their ambitious fleet expanding plans when they took delivery of their first Airbus A330-200. They celebrated with a ceremony held in Toulouse on September 15, 2009.
The main carrier of Oman holidays, Oman Air just took delivery of their first ever A330-200 airplane thus completing part of their fleet expansion target. The receipt of the brand new aircraft was celebrated with a ceremony that was attended by His Excellency Ahmed bin Abdulnabi Macki, Oman’s Minister of National Economy and Chairman of Oman Air, as well as Peter Hill, the airline’s Chief Executive Officer.
Another official ceremony took place the next day on September 16th 2009 to unveil the new aircraft at Seeb International Airport in Muscat. Honouring the new comfortable two-class airplane with space for 216 passengers (divided into 20 business class seats and 196 economy class seats), His Excellency Ahmed bin Abdulnabi Macki expressed his joy over the new fleet member:
“The delivery of this Airbus A330 is a milestone in the transformation of Oman Air. This brand-new A330 is the first of seven Airbus long-range aircraft to be delivered to Oman Air. All aircraft are to be delivered to the national carrier of Oman within the next two years as part of the airline’s expansion plan for its international fleet. Together with the opening of new routes to Frankfurt later this month, and Munich, Paris, Maldives and Colombo next month, these new aircraft are confirmation of Oman Air’s position as a major international airline.”
The new Economy Class at the airline’s new aircraft will feature seats will offer adjustable headrests and footrests, individual 10-inch video screens and will have a pitch of 34 inches. The Business Class seats will offer fully lie-flat beds, electrically controlled backrests and leg rests, buddy seats and 17-inch in-flight entertainment screens.
Ensuring the very best in in-flight entertainment, Oman Air has selected the Thales i5000 system, which, when combined with the Rockwell Collins Tailwind 560 platform, will provide live TV to every seat on the aircraft. In addition, every passenger flying with the main carrier of Oman holidays will have access to e-mail, internet, and mobile phone, as well as laptop, connectivity. This, coupled with the impeccable standard of service for which Oman Air is known, will make journeys truly memorable.
Chief Executive Officer of Oman Air, Peter Hill, concluded:
“We are absolutely delighted to be taking delivery of this superb new aircraft. Not only is the A330 itself at the leading edge of civil aviation, but the onboard products that Oman Air is offering to passengers are second to none.
“This aircraft offers Economy and Business Class cabins. Both are fitted with brand new seats that offer more space, greater comfort, fantastic in-flight entertainment options, and the very latest in communications technology. In fact, our Business Class seat goes way beyond what many airlines offer in First Class.
“The new aircraft, the new seats, together with new uniforms, menus and a host of other features, illustrate our commitment to offering all our customers the very highest levels of quality in everything we do.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Stay in pure paradise at a beautiful 25-acre property, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Save £450 per person with our current Flash Sale.
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
- Relax and unwind upon paradisiacal beaches
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...