Oman Air's first A330-200 has been officially inaugurated
Oman Air just moved a step closer to completing their ambitious fleet expanding plans when they took delivery of their first Airbus A330-200. They celebrated with a ceremony held in Toulouse on September 15, 2009.
The main carrier of Oman holidays, Oman Air just took delivery of their first ever A330-200 airplane thus completing part of their fleet expansion target. The receipt of the brand new aircraft was celebrated with a ceremony that was attended by His Excellency Ahmed bin Abdulnabi Macki, Oman’s Minister of National Economy and Chairman of Oman Air, as well as Peter Hill, the airline’s Chief Executive Officer.
Another official ceremony took place the next day on September 16th 2009 to unveil the new aircraft at Seeb International Airport in Muscat. Honouring the new comfortable two-class airplane with space for 216 passengers (divided into 20 business class seats and 196 economy class seats), His Excellency Ahmed bin Abdulnabi Macki expressed his joy over the new fleet member:
“The delivery of this Airbus A330 is a milestone in the transformation of Oman Air. This brand-new A330 is the first of seven Airbus long-range aircraft to be delivered to Oman Air. All aircraft are to be delivered to the national carrier of Oman within the next two years as part of the airline’s expansion plan for its international fleet. Together with the opening of new routes to Frankfurt later this month, and Munich, Paris, Maldives and Colombo next month, these new aircraft are confirmation of Oman Air’s position as a major international airline.”
The new Economy Class at the airline’s new aircraft will feature seats will offer adjustable headrests and footrests, individual 10-inch video screens and will have a pitch of 34 inches. The Business Class seats will offer fully lie-flat beds, electrically controlled backrests and leg rests, buddy seats and 17-inch in-flight entertainment screens.
Ensuring the very best in in-flight entertainment, Oman Air has selected the Thales i5000 system, which, when combined with the Rockwell Collins Tailwind 560 platform, will provide live TV to every seat on the aircraft. In addition, every passenger flying with the main carrier of Oman holidays will have access to e-mail, internet, and mobile phone, as well as laptop, connectivity. This, coupled with the impeccable standard of service for which Oman Air is known, will make journeys truly memorable.
Chief Executive Officer of Oman Air, Peter Hill, concluded:
“We are absolutely delighted to be taking delivery of this superb new aircraft. Not only is the A330 itself at the leading edge of civil aviation, but the onboard products that Oman Air is offering to passengers are second to none.
“This aircraft offers Economy and Business Class cabins. Both are fitted with brand new seats that offer more space, greater comfort, fantastic in-flight entertainment options, and the very latest in communications technology. In fact, our Business Class seat goes way beyond what many airlines offer in First Class.
“The new aircraft, the new seats, together with new uniforms, menus and a host of other features, illustrate our commitment to offering all our customers the very highest levels of quality in everything we do.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...