Marriott enters the Asia-Pacific with first Maldives hotel
The first ever Marriot to be built on the coveted Maldives islands, one of the world's premiere holiday destinations, will be opening by late 2009 under a new management agreement with ADK Travels Private LTD.
A new luxurious. all-villa Maldives hotel by Marriott will soon be opening its doors to guests as the new ‘Renaissance Maldives Gaakoshibee Resort & Spa’ is inaugurated on Maldives’ Shaviyani Atoll.
Marriot’s new deluxe resort will become one of the most desired spots for the most exclusive of Maldives holidays, located on a virtually untouched islet, buoyant with dense foliage throughout and boasting pristine white sandy beaches fronting the resort.
Like many other Maldives islands, Gaakoshibee enjoys rare underwater beauty and makes of this new Maldives hotel and idyllic place for active scuba diving Maldives holidays; where a profusion of psychedelic colours and an abundance and variety of marine life promises to fascinate divers and snorkellers alike.
“We are thrilled to soon be part of the tourism infrastructure of The Maldives,” said Ed Fuller, president & managing director of international lodging at Marriott. “Its unique ‘One Island, One Resort’ approach to tourism delivers an exclusive and private holiday experience that is almost impossible to replicate elsewhere. It is what has made The Maldives one of the primary destinations for holiday-goers and honeymooners from the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and elsewhere. We are confident this Renaissance resort will be hugely successful from day one.”
“We are delighted to be associated with Marriott International and we are confident that together we will offer a unique holiday experience in the Maldives this is both interesting and fulfilling to our guests,” added Hassan Fazal Hussain, managing director of ADK Travels. “We are sure that both our partnership with Marriott International and the resort that will be managed under this partnership will be enormously successful.”
Marriott’s Renaissance brand appeals to travellers who like to keep things “interesting” with some sort of special extra or ‘novelty’ factor. In this case it caters for those who want Maldives holidays where the hotel they select embodies the locale to help them live life to the fullest, and to help them “take it all in.” For Marriot, the Renassaince concept means that Travel is an Adventure to be savoured with gusto.
The Renaissance Maldives Gaaskishibee Resort & Spa will offer a mix of spacious beach and over-water villas. Beach villas will have a private garden, indoor/outdoor five-fixture bathroom, an outdoor shower, oversized bathtub and direct access to the beach. Over-water villas will have five-fixture bathrooms, a daybed on a large private sundeck and will provide direct access to the lagoon. All villas will have their own private plunge pool.
Recreational amenities for those fun-filled Maldives holidays, will include an over-water Spa with eight treatment rooms, four of which will be over water, and a beauty/barber shop; a health and fitness center; a discovery centre; a library; an Olympic-sized lap pool, a lagoon pool and a kid’s pool; , a water sports centre, a diving centre, a kids’ club and a games room/recreation pavilion.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Exclusive India Sale, Enjoy Huge reductions on all our tours must be booked by 31 August 2017
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...