Marriott enters the Asia-Pacific with first Maldives hotel
The first ever Marriot to be built on the coveted Maldives islands, one of the world's premiere holiday destinations, will be opening by late 2009 under a new management agreement with ADK Travels Private LTD.
A new luxurious. all-villa Maldives hotel by Marriott will soon be opening its doors to guests as the new ‘Renaissance Maldives Gaakoshibee Resort & Spa’ is inaugurated on Maldives’ Shaviyani Atoll.
Marriot’s new deluxe resort will become one of the most desired spots for the most exclusive of Maldives holidays, located on a virtually untouched islet, buoyant with dense foliage throughout and boasting pristine white sandy beaches fronting the resort.
Like many other Maldives islands, Gaakoshibee enjoys rare underwater beauty and makes of this new Maldives hotel and idyllic place for active scuba diving Maldives holidays; where a profusion of psychedelic colours and an abundance and variety of marine life promises to fascinate divers and snorkellers alike.
“We are thrilled to soon be part of the tourism infrastructure of The Maldives,” said Ed Fuller, president & managing director of international lodging at Marriott. “Its unique ‘One Island, One Resort’ approach to tourism delivers an exclusive and private holiday experience that is almost impossible to replicate elsewhere. It is what has made The Maldives one of the primary destinations for holiday-goers and honeymooners from the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy and elsewhere. We are confident this Renaissance resort will be hugely successful from day one.”
“We are delighted to be associated with Marriott International and we are confident that together we will offer a unique holiday experience in the Maldives this is both interesting and fulfilling to our guests,” added Hassan Fazal Hussain, managing director of ADK Travels. “We are sure that both our partnership with Marriott International and the resort that will be managed under this partnership will be enormously successful.”
Marriott’s Renaissance brand appeals to travellers who like to keep things “interesting” with some sort of special extra or ‘novelty’ factor. In this case it caters for those who want Maldives holidays where the hotel they select embodies the locale to help them live life to the fullest, and to help them “take it all in.” For Marriot, the Renassaince concept means that Travel is an Adventure to be savoured with gusto.
The Renaissance Maldives Gaaskishibee Resort & Spa will offer a mix of spacious beach and over-water villas. Beach villas will have a private garden, indoor/outdoor five-fixture bathroom, an outdoor shower, oversized bathtub and direct access to the beach. Over-water villas will have five-fixture bathrooms, a daybed on a large private sundeck and will provide direct access to the lagoon. All villas will have their own private plunge pool.
Recreational amenities for those fun-filled Maldives holidays, will include an over-water Spa with eight treatment rooms, four of which will be over water, and a beauty/barber shop; a health and fitness center; a discovery centre; a library; an Olympic-sized lap pool, a lagoon pool and a kid’s pool; , a water sports centre, a diving centre, a kids’ club and a games room/recreation pavilion.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...