British Airways Offers New Executive Club Incentives
British Airways is offering an unprecedented new promotion to customers flying on discount economy giving them the opportunity to earn Executive tier points to help them climb up to the blue, silver and gold ranks of BA's loyalty scheme
Airline giant, British Airways is now launching an innovative and unprecedented promotion for its loyal customers flying on discount economy, by rewarding them with Executive Club tier points to help them ascend the blue, silver and gold ranks of the airline’s loyalty scheme.
The main carrier of Caribbean holidays from the UK (now having just added 4 new routes in the Caribbean starting from October) wants to permanently change the Executive Club following a successful trial after members themselves suggested such an improvement was top of their wish list.
"We've been listening to our members and rolling out a host of new benefits for the British Airways Executive Club. This is the latest initiative and our customers tell us they're delighted we've made this change. It brings real value to members, allowing them to either move more easily up the tiers, or simply maintain their status, regardless of the type of ticket they're on". – said British Airways’ head of loyalty, Ian Romanis.
The new changes will mean that Silver and Gold Executive Club members will now find it simpler to maintain their status and all the bonuses and benefits derived from them, including access to 150 lounges around the world and British Airways’ £60 million Galleries lounge complex at the new Terminal 5.
For short-haul or long-haul holidays, British Airways wants to give that special treatment to the traveller of every holiday destination that they serve. Customers in Euro Traveller (short-haul economy) will receive 5 tier points and those in World Traveller (long-haul economy) will get 15 tier points with every booking.
No points will be needed to become a blue member but 600 points or 50 flights with the airline are needed to become a silver member and then 1500 points are needed to move up to a gold member.
Other enhancements to BA’s Executive Club scheme include the new ability for Gold Card holders to book any cabin, date or route four double the cost of the standard redemption rate, given that they book 30 days or more in advance, and the capacity for blue members can make it to Silver, and Silvers can maintain their status by taking 50 flights.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...