Cuba developing a new chain of E hotels
Cuban Tourism Authorities have started to expand and develop the chain of 'Hoteles E' (Encanto), with plans for building new installations that could make the total rise to 50 'E Hotels' in the island.
The peculiar chain of Hoteles Encanto; ("Hoteles E") comprising a selection of picturesque small lodgings for the most charming of Cuba holidays, has plans to expand and multiply the number of its properties until reaching an expected total of 50 E-branded hotels across the island.
This initiative was given a push with the recent opening of the latest E Hotel ‘La Casa Verde’ in the province of Cienfuegos, a city known as “La Perla del Sur’ or “The Pearl of the South”, given its many charms and beautifully kept surroundings. A city relatively unexplored by the tourism market; the opening of this new E hotel was another stepping stone to exploiting the potential of Cuba holidays in this pretty and quaint city that feels more like a homely town, very different from the more upbeat and loud Havana holiday experience. Filled with little pieces of history and culture thrown here and there, Cienfuegos is one of the chief seaports of Cuba and has one of the island’s most beautiful and grand fortresses, the ‘Castillo de Jagua’ built on 1745 to protect the country against Caribbean pirates attacks. Moreover, the downtown of Cienfuegos has the largest and most remarkable cluster Neoclassical structures in the Caribbean. Likewise, the new ‘E Hotel’ that just opened here was located at a grand old neoclassical building of great historical value, for an exceptional Cuba holiday filled with old romance and alluring enchantment.
‘Encanto’ means ‘charm’ and is a name that perfectly suits the type of accommodation these little hotels offer. The ‘Hoteles Encanto’ brand was created to recover and restore magnificent old buildings with patrimonial, historical and cultural value in Cuba and transform them into lodging places around the main historical squares in the island. The E Hotels concept is to create Cuba holidays with extra culture and character.
After inaugurating the latest Cienfuegos E Hotel, Cuba’s Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero, expressed his support of this hotel chain that has amongst its most immediate plans the development of 10 more establishments, which are all at different stages of their remodelling and construction process.
The chain has confirmed its interest in further developing more Enchanting Cuba hotels across the island, at some of the most naturally beautiful or culturally rich spots. With the addition of these character-rich hotels, they aim at reinventing the Cuba holidays concept by offering a more folkloric and historic type of accommodation. With an ambitious vision for more of these exceptional Cuba hotels; the chain would like to reach the 50 mark as the total number of ‘E Hotels’.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to the simply stunning warm waters of Varadero beach
- Enjoy an all-inclusive deal offering Italian and Cuban cuisines, 7 bars and a disco.
- Unwind with a massage or in the Jacuzzi and relish the relaxed, adults-only ambience.
- Enjoy a wide range of activities, including watersports, tennis, dance lessons and entertainment.
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- Varadero History and Nature Tour Included
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...