Cuba developing a new chain of E hotels
Cuban Tourism Authorities have started to expand and develop the chain of 'Hoteles E' (Encanto), with plans for building new installations that could make the total rise to 50 'E Hotels' in the island.
The peculiar chain of Hoteles Encanto; ("Hoteles E") comprising a selection of picturesque small lodgings for the most charming of Cuba holidays, has plans to expand and multiply the number of its properties until reaching an expected total of 50 E-branded hotels across the island.
This initiative was given a push with the recent opening of the latest E Hotel ‘La Casa Verde’ in the province of Cienfuegos, a city known as “La Perla del Sur’ or “The Pearl of the South”, given its many charms and beautifully kept surroundings. A city relatively unexplored by the tourism market; the opening of this new E hotel was another stepping stone to exploiting the potential of Cuba holidays in this pretty and quaint city that feels more like a homely town, very different from the more upbeat and loud Havana holiday experience. Filled with little pieces of history and culture thrown here and there, Cienfuegos is one of the chief seaports of Cuba and has one of the island’s most beautiful and grand fortresses, the ‘Castillo de Jagua’ built on 1745 to protect the country against Caribbean pirates attacks. Moreover, the downtown of Cienfuegos has the largest and most remarkable cluster Neoclassical structures in the Caribbean. Likewise, the new ‘E Hotel’ that just opened here was located at a grand old neoclassical building of great historical value, for an exceptional Cuba holiday filled with old romance and alluring enchantment.
‘Encanto’ means ‘charm’ and is a name that perfectly suits the type of accommodation these little hotels offer. The ‘Hoteles Encanto’ brand was created to recover and restore magnificent old buildings with patrimonial, historical and cultural value in Cuba and transform them into lodging places around the main historical squares in the island. The E Hotels concept is to create Cuba holidays with extra culture and character.
After inaugurating the latest Cienfuegos E Hotel, Cuba’s Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero, expressed his support of this hotel chain that has amongst its most immediate plans the development of 10 more establishments, which are all at different stages of their remodelling and construction process.
The chain has confirmed its interest in further developing more Enchanting Cuba hotels across the island, at some of the most naturally beautiful or culturally rich spots. With the addition of these character-rich hotels, they aim at reinventing the Cuba holidays concept by offering a more folkloric and historic type of accommodation. With an ambitious vision for more of these exceptional Cuba hotels; the chain would like to reach the 50 mark as the total number of ‘E Hotels’.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...