Cuba developing a new chain of E hotels
Cuban Tourism Authorities have started to expand and develop the chain of 'Hoteles E' (Encanto), with plans for building new installations that could make the total rise to 50 'E Hotels' in the island.
The peculiar chain of Hoteles Encanto; ("Hoteles E") comprising a selection of picturesque small lodgings for the most charming of Cuba holidays, has plans to expand and multiply the number of its properties until reaching an expected total of 50 E-branded hotels across the island.
This initiative was given a push with the recent opening of the latest E Hotel ‘La Casa Verde’ in the province of Cienfuegos, a city known as “La Perla del Sur’ or “The Pearl of the South”, given its many charms and beautifully kept surroundings. A city relatively unexplored by the tourism market; the opening of this new E hotel was another stepping stone to exploiting the potential of Cuba holidays in this pretty and quaint city that feels more like a homely town, very different from the more upbeat and loud Havana holiday experience. Filled with little pieces of history and culture thrown here and there, Cienfuegos is one of the chief seaports of Cuba and has one of the island’s most beautiful and grand fortresses, the ‘Castillo de Jagua’ built on 1745 to protect the country against Caribbean pirates attacks. Moreover, the downtown of Cienfuegos has the largest and most remarkable cluster Neoclassical structures in the Caribbean. Likewise, the new ‘E Hotel’ that just opened here was located at a grand old neoclassical building of great historical value, for an exceptional Cuba holiday filled with old romance and alluring enchantment.
‘Encanto’ means ‘charm’ and is a name that perfectly suits the type of accommodation these little hotels offer. The ‘Hoteles Encanto’ brand was created to recover and restore magnificent old buildings with patrimonial, historical and cultural value in Cuba and transform them into lodging places around the main historical squares in the island. The E Hotels concept is to create Cuba holidays with extra culture and character.
After inaugurating the latest Cienfuegos E Hotel, Cuba’s Minister of Tourism, Manuel Marrero, expressed his support of this hotel chain that has amongst its most immediate plans the development of 10 more establishments, which are all at different stages of their remodelling and construction process.
The chain has confirmed its interest in further developing more Enchanting Cuba hotels across the island, at some of the most naturally beautiful or culturally rich spots. With the addition of these character-rich hotels, they aim at reinventing the Cuba holidays concept by offering a more folkloric and historic type of accommodation. With an ambitious vision for more of these exceptional Cuba hotels; the chain would like to reach the 50 mark as the total number of ‘E Hotels’.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...