Emirates Launches Special 2010 FIFA Travel Packages
Emirates has just announced the launching of a new set of travel packages especially designed for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. Emirates will offer a number of tailor-made packages with flights, accommodation, transportation and match tickets
As an Official Tour Operator for the 2010 FIFA World Cup held in South Africa, the prestigious Dubai-based Emirates will be launching a series of especially designed, tailor-made packages to include flights, accommodation, ground transportation and game tickets.
The carrier of many Dubai holidays, as well as many other popular holiday destinations in the Middle East and around the world, will be unveiling their unique ‘follow-your-team’ component to the tour package, a testament to the airline’s commitment to the games, its followers and loyal team supporters.
The award-winning airline is currently offering fans the opportunity to follow one of 20 teams, including Australia, Brazil, England, Netherlands, Japan, South Africa, South Korea and Spain who have already qualified; and Argentina, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia and USA, who are still battling for a spot among the final 32. Meaning that supporters no longer need to wait until their chosen team qualifies, as this special package is not only refundable if their country fails to make it, but guarantees fans gold-dust tickets for each of their team’s matches, all the way up to the final on July 11th.
The uncertainty facing fans is heightened by not knowing where their team will be playing, but with Emirates no matter which city they are based in for the group stage, or where they end up playing in the knock-out rounds, the Emirates package covers every eventuality.
“We are pleased to be able to offer our first-class expertise in travel services to football fans around the globe.
“To support your team at a World Cup is a once in a lifetime opportunity for many supporters and we aim to make sure it is an unforgettable experience for them.
“We are thrilled to be in partnership with FIFA at this incredible sporting event and, as well as demonstrating our ongoing support of the game, we believe this package shows we are bringing the spirit of sport to our customers” were the words of Richard Vaughan, Emirates’ Divisional Senior Vice President of Commercial Operations Worldwide.
Emirates’ partnership with FIFA has a history which began at the 2006 FIFA World Cup when it became the first airline to be a sponsor of the prestigious sporting event. Following on from the success of the tournament in Germany, Emirates then cemented its status as an Official IFA Partner up to and including the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...