Emirates Launches Special 2010 FIFA Travel Packages
Emirates has just announced the launching of a new set of travel packages especially designed for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. Emirates will offer a number of tailor-made packages with flights, accommodation, transportation and match tickets
As an Official Tour Operator for the 2010 FIFA World Cup held in South Africa, the prestigious Dubai-based Emirates will be launching a series of especially designed, tailor-made packages to include flights, accommodation, ground transportation and game tickets.
The carrier of many Dubai holidays, as well as many other popular holiday destinations in the Middle East and around the world, will be unveiling their unique ‘follow-your-team’ component to the tour package, a testament to the airline’s commitment to the games, its followers and loyal team supporters.
The award-winning airline is currently offering fans the opportunity to follow one of 20 teams, including Australia, Brazil, England, Netherlands, Japan, South Africa, South Korea and Spain who have already qualified; and Argentina, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, New Zealand, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia and USA, who are still battling for a spot among the final 32. Meaning that supporters no longer need to wait until their chosen team qualifies, as this special package is not only refundable if their country fails to make it, but guarantees fans gold-dust tickets for each of their team’s matches, all the way up to the final on July 11th.
The uncertainty facing fans is heightened by not knowing where their team will be playing, but with Emirates no matter which city they are based in for the group stage, or where they end up playing in the knock-out rounds, the Emirates package covers every eventuality.
“We are pleased to be able to offer our first-class expertise in travel services to football fans around the globe.
“To support your team at a World Cup is a once in a lifetime opportunity for many supporters and we aim to make sure it is an unforgettable experience for them.
“We are thrilled to be in partnership with FIFA at this incredible sporting event and, as well as demonstrating our ongoing support of the game, we believe this package shows we are bringing the spirit of sport to our customers” were the words of Richard Vaughan, Emirates’ Divisional Senior Vice President of Commercial Operations Worldwide.
Emirates’ partnership with FIFA has a history which began at the 2006 FIFA World Cup when it became the first airline to be a sponsor of the prestigious sporting event. Following on from the success of the tournament in Germany, Emirates then cemented its status as an Official IFA Partner up to and including the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Sun-seekers will love this deal transporting you to the golden beaches of Phuket
- 3 free-form swimming pools to choose from
- Take advantage of the swim up bar
- Complimentary shuttle service to Ya Nui Beach, Nai harn Beach and Kata Beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...