Hotel providing luxury holidays in Seychelles shortlisted for award
The Fortress in Sri Lanka has been nominated to receive the title of the "Indian Ocean's Leading Hotel". The luxury hotel will compete for the award with 10 other nominees in the World Travel Awards 2009
A Sri Lanka hotel has been one of eleven hotels in the Indian Ocean to receive a nomination for the World Travel Awards 2009.
Situated in Koggala, in the south of the country, The Fortress, has successfully been shortlisted for the nomination of the "Indian Ocean's Leading Hotel" award. The luxury hotel will compete for the award with ten other nominees including a number of hotels who provide luxury Seychelles holidays.
With luxury holidays in Seychelles on the increase as the world climbs out of the recent recession, the hotels nominated for the prestigious award include the Banyan Tree and Château de Feuilles. Other nominated hotels include the Conrad in the Maldives; Rangali Island Legends, Maldives; Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives; The Oberoi, Mauritius; Belle Mare Plage Resort, Mauritius; Royal Palm, Mauritius and Soneva Gili, Maldives.
The number of visitors taking Seychelles holidays, Maldives holidays, and Sri Lanka holidays is expected to rise in the near future as the travel industry recovers from the economical crisis.
The Fortress provides luxury accommodation within historical settings on the golden coast of Sri Lanka. Its calming environment provides a haven for guests looking for relaxation, authenticity, and ultimate indulgence.
The Travel Awards ceremony, hailed as the "Oscars" of the travel and tourism industry, take place in London in a JW Marriott hotel, The Grosvenor, on 8 November. Over 200 Indian Ocean companies within the travel sector have been nominated for awards.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class
- Free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Start your trip of a lifetime in the Seychelles before heading to Dubai
- Experience the authentic Arabian spirit at the famous gold souks and spice markets
- Enjoy some of the local cuisine, lovingly made from locally sourced ingredients
- The Castello Mini Club has numerous offers for children between 4 and 12 years during all seasons throughout the year
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Prepare yourself for a memorable holiday at the Avani Seychelles, where you will be able to admire a blend of beautiful...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The Avani Seychelles is set on the sandy Bay of Barbarons on the west coast of Mahe. This area of dramatic mountains,...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...