Hotel providing luxury holidays in Seychelles shortlisted for award
The Fortress in Sri Lanka has been nominated to receive the title of the "Indian Ocean's Leading Hotel". The luxury hotel will compete for the award with 10 other nominees in the World Travel Awards 2009
A Sri Lanka hotel has been one of eleven hotels in the Indian Ocean to receive a nomination for the World Travel Awards 2009.
Situated in Koggala, in the south of the country, The Fortress, has successfully been shortlisted for the nomination of the "Indian Ocean's Leading Hotel" award. The luxury hotel will compete for the award with ten other nominees including a number of hotels who provide luxury Seychelles holidays.
With luxury holidays in Seychelles on the increase as the world climbs out of the recent recession, the hotels nominated for the prestigious award include the Banyan Tree and Château de Feuilles. Other nominated hotels include the Conrad in the Maldives; Rangali Island Legends, Maldives; Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Maldives; The Oberoi, Mauritius; Belle Mare Plage Resort, Mauritius; Royal Palm, Mauritius and Soneva Gili, Maldives.
The number of visitors taking Seychelles holidays, Maldives holidays, and Sri Lanka holidays is expected to rise in the near future as the travel industry recovers from the economical crisis.
The Fortress provides luxury accommodation within historical settings on the golden coast of Sri Lanka. Its calming environment provides a haven for guests looking for relaxation, authenticity, and ultimate indulgence.
The Travel Awards ceremony, hailed as the "Oscars" of the travel and tourism industry, take place in London in a JW Marriott hotel, The Grosvenor, on 8 November. Over 200 Indian Ocean companies within the travel sector have been nominated for awards.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Discovery the wonder and beauty of the Seychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Relax and unwind in the beautiful Seychelles before an exciting Arabian getaway in Dubai
- Take advantage of the Wi-Fi access in all the public areas
- Explore the famous night market in Mahé
- Benefit for a Shuttle bus service to major shopping centre in Dubai
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
One of Mahe's largest hotels, the Coral Strand enjoys a prime beachfront location on the island's most famous beach, at...