Salamander Hospitality to take over management of luxury Jamaica resort
Jamaica's Ritz-Carlton Rose Hall in Montego Bay, is being taken over by Salamander Hospitality, which will be the new management company of this five-diamond luxury property. The takeover is expected to happen as soon as next month
Salamander Hospitality will become the new management company of the Ritz-Carlton Rose Hall resort in Montego Bay. The current ownership of the five-diamond luxury property, which is popular for tourists from all over the world on Jamaica holidays, is divided between the Rollins family and the Jamaican Government, and up until now the property had been managed by the Ritz for nine years.
Salamander Hospitality, which is based in the United States, is a luxury chain operating three US properties in the country. The company is owned by Sheila Johnson who became the first African-American female billionaire in 2000 after selling the BET network, which she and her previous husband had co-founded, for $3 billion.
The Ritz-Carlton Rose Hall resort comprises 427 guest rooms and suites, five exquisite restaurants, an 18-hole gold course, two tennis courts, 25, 000 square feet of conference and meeting room space, and a luxury spa, fitness centre and beauty salon, perfect for guests looking to relax and be pampered on their holidays in Jamaica. To top it off, the scenery surrounding the luxury resort is made up of sandy beaches, lush green mountains and sparkling turquoise water, enabling guests taking Jamaica holidays to experience their own taste of paradise.
The Ritz-Carlton Rose hall property, which is one of the most popular Jamaica luxury hotels for high end clients, could be taken over by the new management company as early as next month.
However, recent reports have stated that Ritz-Carlton may be facing the threat of being sued by another luxury resort, after the company failed to keep up with the maintenance of the Rose Hall Ritz-Carlton Golf and Spa Resort and refused to keep the resort's beaches clean. This legal action may delay the management takeover of the Ritz-Carlton Rose Hall property.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Montego Bay Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- One child under 12 stays FREE and kids will enjoy access to the Explorer's Club - one of the largest supervised kids clubs in Montego Bay
- Resort is surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, Jamaica's first and fully underwater national park with protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage with a variety of buffet and a la carte restaurants plus 24-hour Room Service
Luxury accommodations with an ocean-front location on the edge of Montego Bay at hilton rose hall resort and spa
- Two children stay free on all-inclusive when sharing with parents
- Experience the most attractive water complex in the Caribbean with cascading waterfalls and 280 foot slide
- Play at the 18-hole golf course, which hosts LPGA events
Dip into the social buzz or the peaceful tranquility of this Sandals resort with a difference - an intimate beachside experience with personalised service
- Stay at one resort and play at three as part of Sandals' exchange programme
- Enjoy Unlimited Land and Water Sports including Scuba Diving
- Indugle from a choice of 14 dining options with the Sandals Dine Around Montego Bay
Stay in a modern hideaway that embraces the traditional Jamaican vibe with an added touch of sophistication.
- Situated within close proximity to the airport, the hotel is surrounded by a beautiful beach and magnificent gardens
- Entertainment options include professional shows, live music, a nightclub, various pools, a playground and a kids club
- Treat your taste buds to a variety of world cuisines and choose from 4 restaurants and 6 bars
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...