Increase in Serena Hotels shares shows Kenya holiday industry is on the rise
The African chain Serena hotels is enjoying an enviable position in the stock market as its shares prices have jumped up 10.5% also indicating an increase in demand for Kenya holidays, Tanzania holidays and other Africa holidays.
The share price of Serena Hotels in Kenya has jumped 10.5 per cent, indicating that Kenya holidays are on the rise bringing hope to the region's travel and holiday industry. The five-star hotel chain has properties all over the world including Afghanistan, Pakistan, Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Zanzibar, and Rwanda, providing a wide range of luxury accommodation.
Kenya Holiday Industry has suffered throughout the recession but with the help of Serena Hotels, visitor numbers look likely to increase in the near future. The Kenyan holding company of Kenya's Serena Hotels chain, TPS Eastern Africa Ltd. (TPSEA KN, paced the increasing stocks as the share price rose to 42.25 shillings.
Managing director of Nairobi-based Tsavo Securities Ltd, Fred Mweni, said:
"There is demand but there is no supply. The peak holiday season has just started and signals good things."
The most prestigious of the Serena Hotels is the luxury Nairobi Serena Hotel which features 183 luxury rooms and 7 suites offering guests on their Kenya holidays an extravagant break in the beautiful country. The five-star hotel is also a member of the Leading Hotels of the World.
With so much for tourists to do, whether it is taking safaris in Kenya, exploring the 225, 00 square miles of jungles and forests, climbing the stunning snow-capped mountains, or relaxing along the stretch of breathtaking coastline, there are a range of activities for visitors of all ages, suiting all tastes.
Known for its wildlife, game parks, and sightings of the "Big 5", visitors staying at Serena hotels in Kenya will experience the holiday of a lifetime with luxury accommodation and facilities in the heart of nature's finest.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
A charming little retreat right at the heart of Tunis, Le Pacha is centrally located to give you easy access to all of...