Increase in flight availability for travellers taking Jamaica holidays
New additional flights to Jamaica which will provide an extra 70,000 seats are scheduled to begin operating this winter. Other Caribbean holiday destinations are also expected to see an increase in the number of flights during the winter season
Jamaica holidays are on the rise as a series of additional flights are scheduled to travel to the Caribbean region this winter. Despite the recent gloomy outlook on tourism in the Caribbean, vastly due to the global economical situation and fewer visitors, new Jamaica flights, which will provide an additional 70,000 seats, will be available for travellers taking holidays in Jamaica.
Jamaica has been more fortunate than many other areas in the Caribbean with tourism not being as badly affected as other nearby regions such as Cuba and the Bahamas. The popular luxury destination saw a 3.4 per cent increase in visitors taking Jamaica holidays from January to June this year.
The Caribbean island provides a luxury getaway for many with white sandy beaches, turquoise sparkling waters, a tropical climate with soaring temperatures, stunning scenery, a wide range of luxury resorts and stylish Jamaica hotels, and a relaxing, care-free environment.
The increase in flights will inevitably provide more custom for Jamaica hotels and trade for local businesses which will provide the Caribbean region with the tourism boost it needs. Other Caribbean destinations are also expected to see an increase in flights during the winter season which will attract more travellers looking to take relaxing luxury breaks.
Jamaica sees a high number of travellers coming from the US each year, mostly due to its close proximity to the island. However, tourism officials are currently targeting European customers in a bid to attract European trade and tourists taking Jamaica holidays to help boost the region's travel sector even more.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Resort is surrounded by Montego Bay Marine Park, an underwater national park with protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Huge Savings when staying in Sun Club Rooms and Junior Suites
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage with a variety of restaurants plus 24-hour Room Service
- One child under 12 stays FREE and kids will enjoy access to the expansive and renowned Explorer's Club
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Enjoy the private beach and Sugar Mill Falls Water Park nearby
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Club Ambience is set on the shoreline in Runaway Bay, a small town in the parish of St Ann on the north coast of...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...