Cuba holidays on the increase for family holiday makers
As Congress has relaxed rules in the US for Cuban-Americans visiting the island, Cuba travel has seen a boost from the Florida Cuban expatriates who want to visit family relatives or go there for the first time, now with no limit on the length of stay
Cuba holidays are on the increase for many travellers from South Florida as the Congress have relaxed the rules for family visits to the island. The Obama administration lifted all restrictions on family holidays to Cuba five months ago and the results of this are clearly evident with the increase in recent visitor numbers.
Many travellers are taking Cuba holidays, some for the very first time, to visit family members in the region and they are now able to enjoy the luxury of being able to visit relatives and take holidays in Cuba whenever they want and are also able to stay as long as they want.
During the months of April to June, over 55,000 people took flights to Cuba and Cuba holidays which was a substantial increase compared to just 30,000 visitors in the previous three months. Travel experts predict 200,000 travellers will have taken Cuba holidays or Cuba flights by the end of the year.
Many airlines are now seeking permission to provide charter flights to Cuba from a number of different cities including New Orleans and Key West, which will help boost visitor numbers.
The lifting of the rules has allowed many families to be reunited and future plans are in place for many travellers to visit their families in Cuba on a regular basis, compared to the one visit every three years the former rule allowed. The influx of visitors taking holidays to the beautiful region will make a vast difference to the region's economy and a welcomed boost to Cuba tourism and local businesses.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...