Cuba holidays on the increase for family holiday makers
As Congress has relaxed rules in the US for Cuban-Americans visiting the island, Cuba travel has seen a boost from the Florida Cuban expatriates who want to visit family relatives or go there for the first time, now with no limit on the length of stay
Cuba holidays are on the increase for many travellers from South Florida as the Congress have relaxed the rules for family visits to the island. The Obama administration lifted all restrictions on family holidays to Cuba five months ago and the results of this are clearly evident with the increase in recent visitor numbers.
Many travellers are taking Cuba holidays, some for the very first time, to visit family members in the region and they are now able to enjoy the luxury of being able to visit relatives and take holidays in Cuba whenever they want and are also able to stay as long as they want.
During the months of April to June, over 55,000 people took flights to Cuba and Cuba holidays which was a substantial increase compared to just 30,000 visitors in the previous three months. Travel experts predict 200,000 travellers will have taken Cuba holidays or Cuba flights by the end of the year.
Many airlines are now seeking permission to provide charter flights to Cuba from a number of different cities including New Orleans and Key West, which will help boost visitor numbers.
The lifting of the rules has allowed many families to be reunited and future plans are in place for many travellers to visit their families in Cuba on a regular basis, compared to the one visit every three years the former rule allowed. The influx of visitors taking holidays to the beautiful region will make a vast difference to the region's economy and a welcomed boost to Cuba tourism and local businesses.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...
Escape to Cuba on your next holiday and book a stay at the Villa Tortuga Hotel in Varadero. It is an all inclusive hotel...