Cuba holidays on the increase for family holiday makers
As Congress has relaxed rules in the US for Cuban-Americans visiting the island, Cuba travel has seen a boost from the Florida Cuban expatriates who want to visit family relatives or go there for the first time, now with no limit on the length of stay
Cuba holidays are on the increase for many travellers from South Florida as the Congress have relaxed the rules for family visits to the island. The Obama administration lifted all restrictions on family holidays to Cuba five months ago and the results of this are clearly evident with the increase in recent visitor numbers.
Many travellers are taking Cuba holidays, some for the very first time, to visit family members in the region and they are now able to enjoy the luxury of being able to visit relatives and take holidays in Cuba whenever they want and are also able to stay as long as they want.
During the months of April to June, over 55,000 people took flights to Cuba and Cuba holidays which was a substantial increase compared to just 30,000 visitors in the previous three months. Travel experts predict 200,000 travellers will have taken Cuba holidays or Cuba flights by the end of the year.
Many airlines are now seeking permission to provide charter flights to Cuba from a number of different cities including New Orleans and Key West, which will help boost visitor numbers.
The lifting of the rules has allowed many families to be reunited and future plans are in place for many travellers to visit their families in Cuba on a regular basis, compared to the one visit every three years the former rule allowed. The influx of visitors taking holidays to the beautiful region will make a vast difference to the region's economy and a welcomed boost to Cuba tourism and local businesses.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...