Cuba holidays on the increase for family holiday makers
As Congress has relaxed rules in the US for Cuban-Americans visiting the island, Cuba travel has seen a boost from the Florida Cuban expatriates who want to visit family relatives or go there for the first time, now with no limit on the length of stay
Cuba holidays are on the increase for many travellers from South Florida as the Congress have relaxed the rules for family visits to the island. The Obama administration lifted all restrictions on family holidays to Cuba five months ago and the results of this are clearly evident with the increase in recent visitor numbers.
Many travellers are taking Cuba holidays, some for the very first time, to visit family members in the region and they are now able to enjoy the luxury of being able to visit relatives and take holidays in Cuba whenever they want and are also able to stay as long as they want.
During the months of April to June, over 55,000 people took flights to Cuba and Cuba holidays which was a substantial increase compared to just 30,000 visitors in the previous three months. Travel experts predict 200,000 travellers will have taken Cuba holidays or Cuba flights by the end of the year.
Many airlines are now seeking permission to provide charter flights to Cuba from a number of different cities including New Orleans and Key West, which will help boost visitor numbers.
The lifting of the rules has allowed many families to be reunited and future plans are in place for many travellers to visit their families in Cuba on a regular basis, compared to the one visit every three years the former rule allowed. The influx of visitors taking holidays to the beautiful region will make a vast difference to the region's economy and a welcomed boost to Cuba tourism and local businesses.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...