Cuba holidays on the increase for family holiday makers
As Congress has relaxed rules in the US for Cuban-Americans visiting the island, Cuba travel has seen a boost from the Florida Cuban expatriates who want to visit family relatives or go there for the first time, now with no limit on the length of stay
Cuba holidays are on the increase for many travellers from South Florida as the Congress have relaxed the rules for family visits to the island. The Obama administration lifted all restrictions on family holidays to Cuba five months ago and the results of this are clearly evident with the increase in recent visitor numbers.
Many travellers are taking Cuba holidays, some for the very first time, to visit family members in the region and they are now able to enjoy the luxury of being able to visit relatives and take holidays in Cuba whenever they want and are also able to stay as long as they want.
During the months of April to June, over 55,000 people took flights to Cuba and Cuba holidays which was a substantial increase compared to just 30,000 visitors in the previous three months. Travel experts predict 200,000 travellers will have taken Cuba holidays or Cuba flights by the end of the year.
Many airlines are now seeking permission to provide charter flights to Cuba from a number of different cities including New Orleans and Key West, which will help boost visitor numbers.
The lifting of the rules has allowed many families to be reunited and future plans are in place for many travellers to visit their families in Cuba on a regular basis, compared to the one visit every three years the former rule allowed. The influx of visitors taking holidays to the beautiful region will make a vast difference to the region's economy and a welcomed boost to Cuba tourism and local businesses.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...