Six Senses add new resort to list of Sri Lanka luxury hotels
A new luxury resort is being developed by one of Sri Lanka's largest international hotel chains, due to open by 11 November 2011. The new development is under construction at Dutch bay Kalpitiva and will be named 'Six Senses Hideaway at Dutch Bay'
Six Senses, one of Sri Lanka's largest international hotel chains, will be opening a new luxury resort at Dutch bay Kalpitiva. The new upmarket resort, which will be called Dutch Bay Resorts, is under development in a joint project with Swarna Dweep and will be located on some of Sri Lanka's most stunning coastline. Six Senses will be managing the project under the commercial name of ‘Six Senses Hideaway at Dutch Bay.'
The resort will differ from many other Sri Lanka hotels as it will comprise 60 mangrove boutique chalets and 20 Signature Villas each with two floors, scattered along the beautiful lagoon. The new resort will be an exquisite destination for visitors on Sri Lanka luxury holidays looking to escape city Sri Lanka hotels as the area is set on a peninsula separating the Puttalam Lagoon from the Indian Ocean. Because of its location, it is also marine sanctuary with a combination of sand dune beaches, marshland, bar reefs and flat costal plains and a variety of wildlife and marine life.
Faiszer Musthapha, Tourism Promotion Minister said:
"The location is pure, untouched Sri Lankan beauty and tapping into new local destinations would create more reasons for tourists to travel to the island."
The new resort will provide a range of accommodation and facilities different from many other Sri Lanka luxury hotels, with its tranquil surroundings, hideaway luxury accommodation, floating gourmet restaurants, a luxury health and spa club, and a helipad.
Due to open on 11th November 2011 at 11.11am, the exclusive resort will hopefully attract visitors from all over the world who are looking for a luxury, high-end break surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Embark on a holiday of a lifetime with this amazing twin centre special offer
- Indulge your senses with the amazing spa treatments at the Avani Kalutara
- Enjoy an authentic Rajasthani meal with a local Indian family in Jaipur
- Buy some amazing souvenirs made by sculptors who claim to be direct descendants of the craftsmen who built the Taj Mahal
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Take advantage of this twin destination combination treat
- Enjoy themed nights with flavours from around the world in Sri Lanka
- Discover the wonder of Old and New Delhi with a guided, full day city tour
- Visit the City Palace, an overwhelming complex of exquisite palaces, gardens and courtyards, decorative art and carved doorways
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
There are few better places from which to enjoy the calming effect of the Indian Ocean breeze than the Sri Lankan town...
With the most strikingly beautiful of settings, amongst green coconut groves and facing the golden sands just at the...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...