Six Senses add new resort to list of Sri Lanka luxury hotels
A new luxury resort is being developed by one of Sri Lanka's largest international hotel chains, due to open by 11 November 2011. The new development is under construction at Dutch bay Kalpitiva and will be named 'Six Senses Hideaway at Dutch Bay'
Six Senses, one of Sri Lanka's largest international hotel chains, will be opening a new luxury resort at Dutch bay Kalpitiva. The new upmarket resort, which will be called Dutch Bay Resorts, is under development in a joint project with Swarna Dweep and will be located on some of Sri Lanka's most stunning coastline. Six Senses will be managing the project under the commercial name of ‘Six Senses Hideaway at Dutch Bay.'
The resort will differ from many other Sri Lanka hotels as it will comprise 60 mangrove boutique chalets and 20 Signature Villas each with two floors, scattered along the beautiful lagoon. The new resort will be an exquisite destination for visitors on Sri Lanka luxury holidays looking to escape city Sri Lanka hotels as the area is set on a peninsula separating the Puttalam Lagoon from the Indian Ocean. Because of its location, it is also marine sanctuary with a combination of sand dune beaches, marshland, bar reefs and flat costal plains and a variety of wildlife and marine life.
Faiszer Musthapha, Tourism Promotion Minister said:
"The location is pure, untouched Sri Lankan beauty and tapping into new local destinations would create more reasons for tourists to travel to the island."
The new resort will provide a range of accommodation and facilities different from many other Sri Lanka luxury hotels, with its tranquil surroundings, hideaway luxury accommodation, floating gourmet restaurants, a luxury health and spa club, and a helipad.
Due to open on 11th November 2011 at 11.11am, the exclusive resort will hopefully attract visitors from all over the world who are looking for a luxury, high-end break surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...