Six Senses add new resort to list of Sri Lanka luxury hotels
A new luxury resort is being developed by one of Sri Lanka's largest international hotel chains, due to open by 11 November 2011. The new development is under construction at Dutch bay Kalpitiva and will be named 'Six Senses Hideaway at Dutch Bay'
Six Senses, one of Sri Lanka's largest international hotel chains, will be opening a new luxury resort at Dutch bay Kalpitiva. The new upmarket resort, which will be called Dutch Bay Resorts, is under development in a joint project with Swarna Dweep and will be located on some of Sri Lanka's most stunning coastline. Six Senses will be managing the project under the commercial name of ‘Six Senses Hideaway at Dutch Bay.'
The resort will differ from many other Sri Lanka hotels as it will comprise 60 mangrove boutique chalets and 20 Signature Villas each with two floors, scattered along the beautiful lagoon. The new resort will be an exquisite destination for visitors on Sri Lanka luxury holidays looking to escape city Sri Lanka hotels as the area is set on a peninsula separating the Puttalam Lagoon from the Indian Ocean. Because of its location, it is also marine sanctuary with a combination of sand dune beaches, marshland, bar reefs and flat costal plains and a variety of wildlife and marine life.
Faiszer Musthapha, Tourism Promotion Minister said:
"The location is pure, untouched Sri Lankan beauty and tapping into new local destinations would create more reasons for tourists to travel to the island."
The new resort will provide a range of accommodation and facilities different from many other Sri Lanka luxury hotels, with its tranquil surroundings, hideaway luxury accommodation, floating gourmet restaurants, a luxury health and spa club, and a helipad.
Due to open on 11th November 2011 at 11.11am, the exclusive resort will hopefully attract visitors from all over the world who are looking for a luxury, high-end break surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....