Famous Chef celebrates 10th anniversary at luxury Mauritius hotel restaurant
The One&Only Le Saint Geran resort in Mauritius will be hosting special gastronomic events to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Alain Ducasse's first Spoon des Iles. This highly acclaimed Michelin-starred chef will be opening his first spoon abroad.
Highly acclaimed Michelin-starred chef, Alain Ducasse, will be making a guest appearance at a luxury Mauritius hotel as they celebrate ten years of culinary success. The One&Only Le Saint Geran luxury resort in Mauritius will be hosting a number of gastronomic events to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Alain Ducasses's first Spoon des Iles at One&Only Le Saint Geran, located outside of Paris.
Guests on their Mauritius holidays will be able to join in the celebrations with staff members of the luxury Mauritius hotel and Alain Ducasse himself as they mark the occasion, ‘10 Years, 10 Dishes, 10 Wines,' with a special menu highlighting Alain's favourite recipes which have been part of the resort's culinary success over the last ten years.
Alain Ducasse said: "The authentic flavours found in Mauritius have always been precious to me and being able to open my first Spoon abroad at the legendary One&Only Le Saint Geran ten years ago was an opportunity not to miss. The team there has continuously delivered truly cutting-edge dishes that have made 'Spoon des Iles' the most sought after dining concept on the island and I am delighted to go back and celebrate this special anniversary with them."
The celebrations will take place over three days, 6 – 8 December 2009, and events include a gala dinner held at the luxury Mauritius hotel and cooking classes with head chef Romain Meader with an insight into Alain's culinary secrets.
Guests will not want to stay at any of the other hotels in Mauritius during these celebrations as the finest food and wine on the island will be on offer. The One & Only Le Saint Geran has also created an extra package for guests staying at the luxury resort to mark the occasion. For 200 Euros, guest can enjoy a private cooking lesson with the resort's head chef Romain Meader, a complimentary lunch, a range of recipes, an apron, a hat, a cookbook signed by Alain Ducasse, a ‘Spoon des Iles on the Beach' lunchbox, and an evening meal at the Spoons des Iles restaurant. This exclusive package is available to guests staying between 20th November and 20th December 2009.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
An unrivalled stay where you will be surrounded by its picturesque coastline and lush greenery
- Your own private sandy beach on your doorstep
- Exquisite views wherever you look - from the vibrant green mountains to the glittering Indian Ocean
- Perfect blend of natural beauty and fresh, eye-catching designs
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...