Famous Chef celebrates 10th anniversary at luxury Mauritius hotel restaurant
The One&Only Le Saint Geran resort in Mauritius will be hosting special gastronomic events to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Alain Ducasse's first Spoon des Iles. This highly acclaimed Michelin-starred chef will be opening his first spoon abroad.
Highly acclaimed Michelin-starred chef, Alain Ducasse, will be making a guest appearance at a luxury Mauritius hotel as they celebrate ten years of culinary success. The One&Only Le Saint Geran luxury resort in Mauritius will be hosting a number of gastronomic events to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Alain Ducasses's first Spoon des Iles at One&Only Le Saint Geran, located outside of Paris.
Guests on their Mauritius holidays will be able to join in the celebrations with staff members of the luxury Mauritius hotel and Alain Ducasse himself as they mark the occasion, ‘10 Years, 10 Dishes, 10 Wines,' with a special menu highlighting Alain's favourite recipes which have been part of the resort's culinary success over the last ten years.
Alain Ducasse said: "The authentic flavours found in Mauritius have always been precious to me and being able to open my first Spoon abroad at the legendary One&Only Le Saint Geran ten years ago was an opportunity not to miss. The team there has continuously delivered truly cutting-edge dishes that have made 'Spoon des Iles' the most sought after dining concept on the island and I am delighted to go back and celebrate this special anniversary with them."
The celebrations will take place over three days, 6 – 8 December 2009, and events include a gala dinner held at the luxury Mauritius hotel and cooking classes with head chef Romain Meader with an insight into Alain's culinary secrets.
Guests will not want to stay at any of the other hotels in Mauritius during these celebrations as the finest food and wine on the island will be on offer. The One & Only Le Saint Geran has also created an extra package for guests staying at the luxury resort to mark the occasion. For 200 Euros, guest can enjoy a private cooking lesson with the resort's head chef Romain Meader, a complimentary lunch, a range of recipes, an apron, a hat, a cookbook signed by Alain Ducasse, a ‘Spoon des Iles on the Beach' lunchbox, and an evening meal at the Spoons des Iles restaurant. This exclusive package is available to guests staying between 20th November and 20th December 2009.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Lay back and relax on the private beach at the Casuarina Hotel
- Wide range of activities including water skiing
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Luxuriate on the hotel's stunning pools overlooking the bay
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Join the party spirit at Tamassa, a lively resort where you can chill in a hammock, watch a movie on the beach at dusk, and leave life's stresses a million miles away
- Enjoy a wide variety of water sports and activities including windsurfing, kayaking, snorkelling, water skiing, and so much more to do
- Dine in a romantic atmosphere in one of the resorts restaurants with theatrical culinary shows
- free room upgrade to superior room
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Stay at this fabolous resort offering vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Enjoy the island paradise of Mauritius during an 8-day stay at the luxurious Long Beach Golf Resort & Spa. Occupying the...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...
Luxury Oasis Villas is actually situated in grand bay, which is on the north coastline of Mauritius; it's a leading...