Oman, Mauritius and Maldives holidays becoming more popular
According to Kuoni, holiday bookings to a number of high-end destinations are increasing with holidays to Maldives seeing more successful sales over the last weeks and with destinations such as Oman and Mauritius showing signs of resurgence
Despite a gloomy outlook on the tourism sector due to the negative impact of the recession, some luxury holidays seem to remain unaffected by the global crisis with some holiday destinations even increasing their popularity during these tough times. Luxury holidays seem to be on the rise, hinting that the recession may have bottomed out in terms of the luxury travel market.
Such is the case for Maldives holidays, holidays to Thailand and Malaysia, which have all increased in popularity over the last few weeks whilst bookings to other destinations such as holidays to Oman and Mauritius holidays have also shown signs of recovery and resurgence.
Luxury travel company Kuoni has declared in a statement that holiday bookings to the above stated luxury holiday destinations are on the increase, as well as are bookings to a number of other high-end destinations.
Companies specialised in customised travel such as Kuoni and The Holiday Place have seen increasing patterns of bookings to high end holiday destinations which could maybe indicate that grim financial forecasts are perhaps a little more pessimistic than the reality.
Kuoni had experienced a decline in bookings over the first half of the year, but are now making the most of late deals to luxury destinations after British holidaymakers have had to endure a miserable summer which is already looking like it will come to an end soon.
Likewise, The Holiday Place has seen Five Star holidays showing the most growth, further indicating that cost is of little concern to some generous spenders wanting nothing but the best on luxury holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Kick back and relax with plenty on offer to help you along the way at Reethi Beach Resort.
- Only 15% of the island is built upon, with lush vegetation, natural shorelines and stunning landscapes making up the rest
- The Water Sports Centre has all types of water sport covered whilst the Sports Centre on land covers tennis, badminton, squash, gym and table tennis
- Enjoy two fantastic excursions per person per week to Kam Adhoo and Kihadhoo and a Sunset Dhoni Cruise on selected dates
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....