Oman, Mauritius and Maldives holidays becoming more popular
According to Kuoni, holiday bookings to a number of high-end destinations are increasing with holidays to Maldives seeing more successful sales over the last weeks and with destinations such as Oman and Mauritius showing signs of resurgence
Despite a gloomy outlook on the tourism sector due to the negative impact of the recession, some luxury holidays seem to remain unaffected by the global crisis with some holiday destinations even increasing their popularity during these tough times. Luxury holidays seem to be on the rise, hinting that the recession may have bottomed out in terms of the luxury travel market.
Such is the case for Maldives holidays, holidays to Thailand and Malaysia, which have all increased in popularity over the last few weeks whilst bookings to other destinations such as holidays to Oman and Mauritius holidays have also shown signs of recovery and resurgence.
Luxury travel company Kuoni has declared in a statement that holiday bookings to the above stated luxury holiday destinations are on the increase, as well as are bookings to a number of other high-end destinations.
Companies specialised in customised travel such as Kuoni and The Holiday Place have seen increasing patterns of bookings to high end holiday destinations which could maybe indicate that grim financial forecasts are perhaps a little more pessimistic than the reality.
Kuoni had experienced a decline in bookings over the first half of the year, but are now making the most of late deals to luxury destinations after British holidaymakers have had to endure a miserable summer which is already looking like it will come to an end soon.
Likewise, The Holiday Place has seen Five Star holidays showing the most growth, further indicating that cost is of little concern to some generous spenders wanting nothing but the best on luxury holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
See what the Maldives really has to offer at Velassaru Maldives, with a great array of excursions.
- Fantastic selection of excursions from night snorkelling to fishing to a trip to Male to having an island all to yourself!
- As well as chilling on the beach or visiting the Spa, why not go an practice the ancient art of Yoga?
- Five wonderful dining venues and two exciting bars means you have a range of options depending on what mood you are in
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream with the added royal treatment
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Take your pick from 7 exquisite restaurants and 6 lively bars
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Located on a secluded private island of Dhuni Kolhu, the hotel is a tropical paradise with white sandy beaches and...