Oman, Mauritius and Maldives holidays becoming more popular
According to Kuoni, holiday bookings to a number of high-end destinations are increasing with holidays to Maldives seeing more successful sales over the last weeks and with destinations such as Oman and Mauritius showing signs of resurgence
Despite a gloomy outlook on the tourism sector due to the negative impact of the recession, some luxury holidays seem to remain unaffected by the global crisis with some holiday destinations even increasing their popularity during these tough times. Luxury holidays seem to be on the rise, hinting that the recession may have bottomed out in terms of the luxury travel market.
Such is the case for Maldives holidays, holidays to Thailand and Malaysia, which have all increased in popularity over the last few weeks whilst bookings to other destinations such as holidays to Oman and Mauritius holidays have also shown signs of recovery and resurgence.
Luxury travel company Kuoni has declared in a statement that holiday bookings to the above stated luxury holiday destinations are on the increase, as well as are bookings to a number of other high-end destinations.
Companies specialised in customised travel such as Kuoni and The Holiday Place have seen increasing patterns of bookings to high end holiday destinations which could maybe indicate that grim financial forecasts are perhaps a little more pessimistic than the reality.
Kuoni had experienced a decline in bookings over the first half of the year, but are now making the most of late deals to luxury destinations after British holidaymakers have had to endure a miserable summer which is already looking like it will come to an end soon.
Likewise, The Holiday Place has seen Five Star holidays showing the most growth, further indicating that cost is of little concern to some generous spenders wanting nothing but the best on luxury holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
True Maldivian style comes to the fore at Reethi Beach Resort, situated on the tiny Baa Atoll. The PADI 5-star Dive...
Get away from the mundane and enjoy eight days of uninterrupted sun and sand on the shores of one of the most sought...