British Airways Launches New Routes to Cater for Luxury Holidays
In order to cope with the decline in business travel, British Airways will give use to their planes by providing long-haul flights to six new luxury holiday destinations including Jamaica, the Maldives and Punta Cana
After the recent decline in business travel, British Airways will be utilising their available planes by providing flights to long-haul destinations. Six new routes will be available for passengers looking take luxury holidays to destinations including Jamaica, the Maldives, Las Vegas, and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
The new routes are aimed at wealthier people looking to take luxury holidays to upmarket resorts such as Sharm El Sheikh holidays on the Red Sea, and exclusive Jamaica holidays.
Head of UK Sales for BA, Richard Tams said:
"We chose the routes carefully where we think demand will hold up. We don't normally have the aircraft available, so this has given us the opportunity to build some business there."
"There is still a very healthy market in premium leisure. The passengers are high-end travellers who not only want comfort at the resort but also on the way there."
British Airways will also be providing flights from London Heathrow and London Gatwick to Las Vegas and will be using aircraft Boeing Co. 777 for some of these routes. In addition to this BA will be testing a new service for business-class clients only from London City Airport to New York using two narrowbody planes, Airbus SAS A318.
Short-haul BA flights from Gatwick which are looking be cut from the schedule in the near future include Malta, Barcelona, Madrid, Palma, Alicante, and Krakow. British Airways will also be taking advantage of cheaper TV advertising rates and will be launching their first UK TV commercial in two years, later this month.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity.
- exclusive rate reduction for our clients
- Enjoy endless activities including scuba diving, snorkelling, water-skiing and more
- Tickle your taste buds with rich flavours and innovative cuisine that incorporates exotic Thai and Oriental influences
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill on the sands...
- Special touches include: cinema screenings on the beach, secret bars and a message in a bottle with a hidden surprise
- Enjoy access to some of Maldives' most beautiful dive sites and explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Take your pick from seven exquisite restaurants and six lively bars
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...