British Airways Launches New Routes to Cater for Luxury Holidays
In order to cope with the decline in business travel, British Airways will give use to their planes by providing long-haul flights to six new luxury holiday destinations including Jamaica, the Maldives and Punta Cana
After the recent decline in business travel, British Airways will be utilising their available planes by providing flights to long-haul destinations. Six new routes will be available for passengers looking take luxury holidays to destinations including Jamaica, the Maldives, Las Vegas, and Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic.
The new routes are aimed at wealthier people looking to take luxury holidays to upmarket resorts such as Sharm El Sheikh holidays on the Red Sea, and exclusive Jamaica holidays.
Head of UK Sales for BA, Richard Tams said:
"We chose the routes carefully where we think demand will hold up. We don't normally have the aircraft available, so this has given us the opportunity to build some business there."
"There is still a very healthy market in premium leisure. The passengers are high-end travellers who not only want comfort at the resort but also on the way there."
British Airways will also be providing flights from London Heathrow and London Gatwick to Las Vegas and will be using aircraft Boeing Co. 777 for some of these routes. In addition to this BA will be testing a new service for business-class clients only from London City Airport to New York using two narrowbody planes, Airbus SAS A318.
Short-haul BA flights from Gatwick which are looking be cut from the schedule in the near future include Malta, Barcelona, Madrid, Palma, Alicante, and Krakow. British Airways will also be taking advantage of cheaper TV advertising rates and will be launching their first UK TV commercial in two years, later this month.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Kurumba Island is a dream resort with so much to dazzle guests that most return over and over again.
- Choose from an ample choice of excellent dining options, top recreational activities and fantastic entertainment
- Just a 10-minute boat drive to paradise nestled amidst tropical gardens and white sandy beaches
- For keen marine enthusiasts a house reef is only a few feet away from the island
Kick back and relax with plenty on offer to help you along the way at Reethi Beach Resort.
- Only 15% of the island is built upon, with lush vegetation, natural shorelines and stunning landscapes making up the rest
- The Water Sports Centre has all types of water sport covered whilst the Sports Centre on land covers tennis, badminton, squash, gym and table tennis
- Enjoy two fantastic excursions per person per week to Kam Adhoo and Kihadhoo and a Sunset Dhoni Cruise on selected dates
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
The Nalaguraidhoo Island of the Maldives is one of the most sublime coastal landscapes you'll ever lay eyes, what with...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
If you are looking for serenity and tranquillity coupled with luxurious elegance, then Adaaran Select Meedhupparu is the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....