InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) has announced that it will open three new hotels in Turkey, two of which will open this year. The properties will be located in Ankara and the capital city of Istanbul and will bring a total of 407 rooms for both leisure and business travellers who are visiting the country.
A restored, century-old steam locomotive has emerged from its shed in the town of Duran in Ecuador to operate a new cross-Andean service between Guayaquil and the capital of Quito. After the Ecuadorean government spent approximately $280 million revamping the national railway, the luxury Tren Crucero will provide a thrilling four-day, three-night journey along a 282 mile narrow-gauge line.
Africa is famous for its stunning landscapes and diverse wildlife and but it's not very often though of as leading destination for surfing. However, this could soon change thanks to the opening of a surf club in a small fishing town in Sierra Leone that unites the community while offering a future for young surfing enthusiasts.
Welsh pop star Tom Jones took part in the 16th Habano Festival in Cuba last week to sing his world-famous songs. This was the singer's first visit to the Caribbean island and during his time he visited Cuba's National Ballet School and the El Laguito cigar factory, which is home to the renowned Cohiba habanos.
Travellers from Europe will be able to access direct charter flights to the popular beach resort of Varadero in Cuba from Portugal's capital from August, 2014 after an agreement was signed by Zoom Travel, White Airways and Empty Leg. There will be 15 departures available from Lisbon during the summer months, which may then be extended until January 2015.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Enjoy access to 3 protected beaches, close proximity to the trendy strip of Naama Bay and its sizzling nightlife and stay in a top resort facing Sharm's premier diving site
- Choose from 5 fantastic Dining Options including Steak & Thai Restaurants
- Guaranteed sea views plus a host of special extras
- Upgrade to the Hyatt Regency Club room and enjoy your own private Club lounge serving Continental breakfast, evening cocktails and more
Journey to a different world, soak up the sun and play in the magical waters of the Red Sea
- Relax and enjoy the Red Sea from Montaza beach - Award winning resort perfect for Divers
- Spacious and elegant rooms enjoying views of the garden or sea view
- Exclusive Room Upgrade to a Family Room
Traditional charm embraces Arabian culture at this five-star resort located on a private inlet sprawling 600 metres of pristine beach.
- Located on an idyllic water inlet with 600m of beach overlooking the Arabian Gulf
- Great selection of facilities for kids including kids menu and kids club
- Great selection of bars for a tropical cocktail or two
There really is something for everyone here, with a variety of water sports, Wild Wadi Water Park next door and the infamous Jumeirah Beach.
- The resort offers something for everyone with swimming pools, sporting facilities, shops and a kid's club
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park, a great day out for the young as well as the young at heart
- Over 20 restaurants, cafes and bars with options for formal dining, casual dining, speciality dining and a variety of bars, some serving snacks
This unforgettable 7 night tour is the perfect way to discover the Arab Kingdom of Jordan. Set on the East Bank of the...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...