Mirissa Hills prides itself on the quality of the cuisine that is served. The majority of ingredients are locally sourced and many of the fruits and vegetables are grown within the estate grounds.
Enjoy freshly picked papaya and bananas in the morning as part of either a Western or Sri Lankan breakfast.
For lunch you can’t beat the rice and curry that is one of the best quality around. The fresh seafood is sourced from Weligama Bay. You can order prawns and crabs, which will be prepared, as you desire.
Evening meals are served in the dining room or alfresco by candlelight
THINGS TO DO
• Meet the local stilt fishermen and see if you are nimble enough to perch on their sticks!
• Take a ride around the picturesque Weligama bay in one of the colourful wooden catamarans
• For the reptile lovers out there, visit the nearby snake farm
• Take a dawn or sunset walk around the historic citadel of Galle Fort, built from 1640 by the Dutch on the site of an earlier Portuguese fort
• Ride inland on mountain bikes to discover a stunning emerald landscape of paddy fields, white-washed Buddhist temples, and rural villages
• Spend the day on one of the golden beaches along the coast: Unawatuna, Thalpe or Mirissa
• Head to Sinharaja and take a walk through dense, virgin rainforest, home to thousands of plant and animal species
• Go whale and dolphin watching from Mirissa
• Visit the virgin white tea plantation in Titagalla and learn how tea, cinnamon and rubber is produced
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT