Restaurants & Bars
- Samara Open Air Restaurant - providing plenty of room and space to allow cooling fresh breezes through, this open air restaaurant with a high wooden ceiling towering overhead offers spectacular views over the surrounding nature while serving delectable Sri Lankan buffets with rich and spicy aromas sitting right next to a wide and varied selection of international cuisine. Open for buffet breakfast and buffet or a la carte lunches and dinners, a delightful arrangement of local fresh fruits grace the dessert table alongside a selection of Sri Lankan and European-style sweets.
- Wewe Kade Ayurvedic Restaurant - serving a unique selection of healthy and flavourful foods specially prepared to restore balance to the body's well-being, the menu at this exceptional restaurant for the health-conscious is created with home-grown vegetables harvested by the resort's Warichchi Village gardeners. Delicious vegetarian cuisine is expertly cooked on a wood-burning stove.
- Open Air Bar - the place to enjoy an ice-cold beer or favourite cocktail while enjoying sweeping views over the Kandalama Lake, this comfortable open air bar opens from morning till midnight and serves an extensive range of tropical juices, cocktails, beers and spirits in a panoramic location.
- Nightly Herbal Drinks - the place to enjoy organically grown herbs boiled as herbal tea, the infusions on offer at this healthy bar have different properties to cure ailments and purify the body, reduce fatigue and aid digestion. Posters in the lobby show the name of each herbal drink along with its medicinal properties. A light brew of coriander leaves and seeds for example, helps reduce cholesterol levels and stimulate the senses as a natural aphrosidiac.
- Special Events - providing live entertainment during the evenings with the mystical enchantment of the forest as the greatest of backdrops, a cocktail hour by the pool will allow guests to be entertained by live performances while lakeside barbecues with Sri Lankan drumming are arranged by the lake side. Alternatively Amaya Lake helps create spectacular private events for groups of guests who want to enjoy a special afternoon just for themselves.
Facilities & Entertainment
- Swimming Pool
- Ayurdevic Spa
- Yoga Ashrama
- Cricket field
- Nature Trails
- Night Safaris to Minneriya and Kawudulla
- Jungle Treks
- Elephant Safaris
- Mountain Biking
- Boat Rides on the Lake
- Children's Playground
- Confrerence Hall
- Meeting Hall
- Wi-Fi internet Access
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT