Restaurants & Bars
- The Cafe - "Low in calories but high in flavour" this place is the promise of this informal rooftop café offering light refreshments for those who like to eat healthy. Sip on a freshly squeezed juice after your swim (the pool's just a few steps away) or relax with a fruit smoothie made to order. If you're peckish, the chef will be pleased to toss a light salad for you.
- The Taprobane - this all-day dining multi-cuisine restaurant offers a comfortable setting for food and conversation any time of the day or night. The mouth-watering selection of culinary favourites from around the world will spoil guests for choice with an international buffet featuring over 70 Eastern and Western dishes. If that still doesn't satisfy you, our chefs will be delighted to whip up something to your taste at the live cooking stations. Power breakfasts, quick lunches, light suppers, midnight snacks - you'll get them all at the Taprobane as you gaze out on the goldfish pool (Pond) and forget you are in a city. Sundays feature brunch and the soothing sounds of a live jazz band .
- Tao - Experience the best of al fresco dining with an accent on Asian flavours. Witness the sheer drama of the master chefs as they whip up their interpretations of fusion delights balancing the classical techniques of the West with the vibrant tastes of the East. The Margarita bar extends the fusion principle to your favourite cocktail. By bringing a touch of zen tranquility to the bustle of the city, Tao strikes the vital balance between place and palate, to provide for a meal that is both imaginative and memorable.
- Echo - The gastronomic joys of Italy are just an order away at this stylish restaurant, the favourite dining destination of Colombo's many Italian food lovers. Master Chef Sgroi Giuseppe's menu features classic Italian culinary delights, using the freshest ingredients delicately balanced with aromatic herbs and spices. Round off your meal with an utterly sinful dessert, followed by a specialty coffee. Bellissimo!
- Chutneys - exuding an infusion of South Indian culture and cuisine, Chutneys presents guests with the ultimate South Indian culinary experience. The a la carte menu spans nearly 20 pages and offers specialties from the four primary states of South India: Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu, with separate vegetarian and non vegetarian options for each state.
- The Lagoon - ranked among the city's top restaurants, it follows the seafood market concept, with an emphasis on offering variety, freshness and quality to patrons. Make your selection fresh from the catch of the day, choose your sauce, cooking method (grilled, steamed, fried, curried) and style (Thai, Sri Lankan, Chinese, Indian, Continental). Then relax with a drink and gaze out at the man-made lagoon while our chefs prepare your meal in an exhibition kitchen. There is also an open air dining area.
- Coffee Stop - This piazza style cafe, off the hotel foyer, offers a range of sweet and savoury treats and the best coffee in town. Satiate hunger pangs with a sandwich made to order, nibble at a pastry, sip a freshly squeezed juice or spoon up a cool gelato as you watch the who's who of Colombo go by. Coffee Stop is the perfect place to kick-start your day, grab a quick bite for lunch, or down a nightcap before calling it a day. If you're celebrating, we'll be happy to take your order for custom-designed cakes and pastries.
- The London Grill - When the occasion is extra-special or the company is extraordinary, the venue has to be memorable. Beautifully laid tables, steaks as you like them, exquisite desserts and gourmet coffees... the London Grill excels at providing the best of European fine dining in the most elegant surroundings. Signature dishes include (Angus) Chateaubriand steak, grilled venison medallions and Cassata Sicialiana with baked apples and calvados sauce. Plush interiors and attentive service enhance your dining experience. Our sommelier will be pleased to help you select wines for each course from our cellar. All-in-all, a gastronomical experience like no other.
- Cheers' Pub - Catch some sporting action on a big screen at this very British pub serving hearty portions of typical British pub grub. Our Supervised Cheers Kids Club will keep your little ones entertained, as you enjoy a game of snooker or pool, or test your skills at that classic pub game, darts. Admire the sports memorabilia or indulge with the all-day "big" breakfast, served as long as the pub is open. The traditional Sunday carvery is a must.
- Tea Lounge - Just off the main foyer, this relaxed and elegant lounge is the perfect place for meeting business associates or catching up with friends. Light snacks and desserts are on offer in addition to several different blends of tea, including the delicately flavoured "Nuwara Eliya". A unique high tea experience is offered daily. Evening brings a sophisticated cocktail menu with hors d'oeuvres, enhanced by live music. We'll even make your favourite cocktail to order. Sink into a comfy couch, sip an authentic Sri Lankan cuppa and watch the world go by. Guaranteed to charm the weariest of travellers.
- Breeze Bar - Outdoor, casual and wonderfully atmospheric... that's the promise of the Balinese-inspired Breeze Bar, set by the outdoor pool. Stroll in for a sunny afternoon rendezvous, catch-up with friends over a pre-dinner aperitif, or linger over an after-dinner drink. The options for refreshment include tropical cocktails, snacky finger food and sandwiches. Happy hours are from 6.00 to 8.00 p.m. daily. Feel the buzz.
Facilities & Entertainment
- 2 Swimming Pools - ground pool and rooftop pool
- Gym with Aerobics room, Sauna and Steam Room
- Angsana Spa
- 2 Floodlit Tennis Courts
- 2 Squash Courts
- Pool Table
- Kids' Playroom (supervised)
- Hospitality Lounge
- Cinnamon Lounge - Exclusively for the use of the the Cinnamon Grand's Executive Floor guests
- Business Centre
- Crescat Shopping Centre
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT