Restaurants & Bars
- Saffron - serving authentic Thai cuisine with a contemporary edge, this is Banyan Tree's signature restaurant where food is specially prepared by their expatriate chefs from Phuket. Set overlooking the lobby and adjacent to the lagoon and mangroves, the restaurant's 3 over-water decks provide an intimate romantic setting for that special dining occasion.
- Tamarind - serving delectable dishes for dinner in the tranquil surroundings of the Banyan Tree Spa, this adults-only Mediterranean-inspired restaurant serves sophisticated yet hearty and eclectic cuisine with a blend of exotic herbs, roots and aromatic spices masterfully fused in to create exquisite flavours.
- Oriente - boasting awe-inspiring sunrise views overlooking the extensive Reflections Pool, this restaurant serves sumptuous breakfast buffets every morning with a selection of fresh juices, healthy cereals and yogurts, a variety of freshly baked breads, cheese, cold cuts and Asian selections as well as a range of hot dishes to warmly wake up to. During the evening this panoramic restaurant transforms into a modern Mexican restaurant with a range of popular Mexican favourites and a sophisticated spin on classics.
- Sands - offering something to tickle every taste bud, this charming bar and restaurant set by the poolside and beachfront sits overlooking the Caribbean Sea and boasting panoramic views. The perfect spot to enjoy sophisticated bites and refreshing cocktails all day long this charming venue is open for lunch and dinner daily, the restaurant's bar is also open throughout the day, from mid-morning to late in the afternoon.
- Reflections Pool Bar - located by Banyan Tree's signature heated pool during the winter season, this pool bar is located by the Oriente restaurant and the main hotel lobby. Open daily from morning to late afternoon, this is the ideal venue for sunny salads, inventive wraps, hot pizzas, chunky skewers and refreshing tropical drinks.
- La Copa - serving up a range of classic as well as innovative and original new cocktails, this is the place to toast to good memories as you enjoy a range of tasty tapas, ideal for sharing. Open daily from mid-afternoon to 11pm, this is also the ideal venue to stop by after dinner, offering the best setting for star gazing while you linger over an aromatic coffee, a cognac or premium-quality cigar.
- La Cava - this is Banyan Tree's exclusive and beautifully appointed wine cellar which can also turn into a private dining room for up to 14 guests. For special meals arranged here, dishes can be specially customised with a personalised menu that can include anything from champagne to caviar delights. Open on request only and based on availability, use of this exclusive restaurant must be booked in advance.
- Ixchel - a romantic dining experience every couple should not miss, this is Banyan tree's unique and traditional dining trajinera taking couples aboard the 'Ixchel - Godess of the Moon' for a sail away on the Mayakoba lagoon. Departing from the main lobby at 5.30pm depending on availability, dinner on this sailing vessel lasts approximately two hours and a half, with a limit of up to 4 diners only. Reservations for this romantic meal experience must be made a minimum of 24 hours prior to departure time.
- In-Villa Dining - with each meal being specially designed around your particular requirements and taste, guests can always choose this in-room dining option, with charming in-villa waiters arriving at your doorstep to set up your table and serve your meal. This 24-hour dining service allows guests to choose from an extensive breakfast to a meat or seafood themed outdoor barbecue that can be enjoyed in the tranquility and privacy of your villa's patio.
Facilities & Environment
- Extensive Free-form Swimming Pool
- Banyan Tree Spa
- Tennis Courts
- Fitness Classes
- Yoga Sessions
- Ecological Tours
- Banyan Tree Gallery
- Ecological Tours
- Tour Desk
- Laundry Service
- Business Centre
- The Rainforest
- Hydrothermal Spa Circuit
- El Camaleon Golf Club
- Mangrove Boat Tours
- Recreational Activities for Children - Eco tours, video games, board games, movie time, beach activities and more
- 24-Hours On-Call doctor
- Airport Hotel Transfer
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT