Restaurants & Services
- Spice - bringing guests with a touch of sophistication, this fabulous gourmet restaurant is open for all day dining and offers diners with sumptuous buffet offers for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Show cooking stations and a special a la carte menu is also available. The mood at this restaurant is casual and relaxed.
- Pelicanos - for the most delicious Caribbean fusion fare you've ever tasted, this little eatery set overlooking the turquoise waters of the Caribbean is the place to go for a satisfying meal and amazing panoramic views. Open for lunch and dinner, Pelicanos offers guests with a delectable a la carte menu full of tempting and inventive Caribbean culinary creations.
- Marie Marie - for the most gourmet and upscale Mexican dining experience you will come across in Playa del Carmen, this fine dining restaurant offers guests with a tantalising mix of Mexican and French flavours, fusioned to perfection in to tempt diners with a sophisticated palate and treat them to refined Mexican cuisine in an authentic, typically Mexican, hacienda-style setting, with colourful murals painted by renowned Mexican artists and evoking Mexico's kaleidoscopic culture. This exclusive restaurant is open for dinner only.
- Chef's Plate - presenting selective diners with an impeccable array of gourmet dishes, in a venue specialising in international haute cuisine, this sophisticated and chic restaurant is the place where a brand new and different menu is carefully put together each day and masterfully created under the careful supervision of the resort's Executive Chef. Each and every single dish here is a unique and memorable dining experience with prior reservation required at all times. This restaurant is open for dinner only and is exclusively available to guests staying in the Royal Junior Suite Oceanfront category of the resort.
- Asiana - for the lovers of Asian food delights, this contemporary restaurant brings diners with the best of the Far East, with expertly cooked items, freshly prepared and served in a contemporary, romantic setting featuring cosy seating
- El Mediterraneo - open all day long for breakfast, lunch and dinner, this revolutionary restaurant specialising in nouvelle Mediterranean cuisine is the place to enjoy old and new Mediterranean favourites with a buffet option, an a la carte menu and live show cooking.
- Royal Coffee House - this beautiful gourmet European-style cafe is the place to enjoy the best espresso and cappuccino coffees, perfectly accompanied by a wide array of scrumptious pastries, sweets, cakes and ice cream. The ideal place to enjoy a light and casual breakfast or an indulging mid-morning treat, an afternoon pick-me-up or an after-dinner craving. Sugar-free choices are available and this lovely eatery is open all day long, from early morning until very late at night.
- 24-Hour All Inclusive VIP Lounge - open 24/7 this bar is open all day long to offer guests with a varied selection of snacks, premium national and international brands of liqueur, beers and fine wine. Very handy for those late night quests for a place to quench your thirst or grab a bite, this bar offers convenience and variety right when you need it most.
- Lobby Bar - with a refreshing setting overlooking the beach and the Caribbean Sea beyond while being in close proximity to the pool areas, this lobby bar is a fantastic place to stop by if in need of a quick drink, enjoy the lively atmosphere and watch TV on the plasma TVs while laying in one of the comfy lounge beds.
- Martini Corner Bar - serving some of the world's finest and most famous martinis as well as other popular, sophisticated drinks, this is a quiet corner, ideal for a great chill out session or gentle conversation over a glass of martini.
- Tequileria and Cigar Club Bar - offering an extensive selection of world-renowned brands of authentic Mexican tequila, this is the spot to hit for after-dinner drinks and enjoy imported hand-rolled cigars of the highest quality. (Some tequilas and cigars incur a surcharge payable locally)
- Trade Winds Pool and Swim-Up Bar - enjoying a great location adjacent to the pool and right by the beach, this is the place to cool off after an intense tanning session and choose from a great array of colourful cocktails as you chat with friends or family or simply sit and sip away quietly as you take in the pretty views.
- Pelicanos Beach Bar - this beachside bar is the perfect hangout spot to enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail with friends.
In addition to all these dining venues and bars, guests staying at The Royal Playa del Carmen can enjoy all the dining and wining facilities at the adjacent sister resort Gran Porto Real, where they can select from 7 additional bars and 8 additional restaurant choices.
Facilities & Entertainment
- Olympic-size Swimming Pool
- Tranquil Pool for Relaxation (25-metre lap lane)
- Rooftop Tennis Court
- SPAzul® Health & Wellness Centre
- Life-Fitness® Centre & Stott Pilates® (spinning classes, aerobics and yoga sessions)
- Scuba Introductory Lesson
- Scuba Diving
- Snorkelling Equipment
- Boogie Boards
- Ping Pong
- Board Games
- Daily (non-intrusive) Entertainment, Games and Unique Activities
- Nightly Entertainment with Live Music
- Educational Wine, Tequila & Beer Tasting (hostel by hotel's sommelier)
- Exclusive Royal Beach Cabanas® (subject to availability)
- Beach Butlers
- Unisex Beauty Salon
- Piazza Condotti Boutique
- Royal Art Gallery
- Real Bazar Gift Shop
- Luxury Jewellery Boutique
- Royal Romance Concierge
- Wedding Centre
- Car Rental
- Multimedia Computerised Tour Desk and Travel Agency
- Smoking Areas
- Business Centre
- Complimentary Wireless Internet Access
- 24-Hour Suite Service
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT