Al Maha Archery Day
Duration: Half Day
Located less than an hour away from the cosmopolitan city of Dubai, the luxurious Al Maha Desert Resort offers a range of exciting activities for its guests – and archery is just one of them. This may not be the first activity that springs to mind during a holiday in Dubai, but it’s a fun way to relax and learn something new.
Set in 225 square kilometres of pristine desert landscape, against the dramatic backdrop of the Hajar Mountain range, the Al Maha Desert Resort is an exclusive oasis that provides rest and relaxation in beautiful surroundings. The hotel lies within an award-winning nature reserve and is one of the most enchanting areas in Dubai. If you are looking to do something a bit different, this is an ideal place for novices to try archery for the very first time, or even practice existing skills under the watchful eye of expert guides.
Archery has historically been used in hunting and combat and is one of the oldest sports in the world, dating back thousands of years to the Stone Age (around 50,000 BC). In modern times, however, its main use is for recreation. The sport has featured in the Olympic Games since 1900 in Paris, although it disappeared for around 50 years after the 1920 Games, reappearing later at the 1972 Games in Munich. Ever since Sheikh Ahmed bin Hasher Al Maktoum won the gold medal at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, archery has become an increasingly popular sport in Dubai and there are several places in which to take lessons.
The Al Maha resort is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful and relaxing. A designated archery area is located within the reserve, where you will receive expert tuition and supervision from professional instructors. Both group classes and one-to-one lessons are available, and equipment is provided. Using a traditional, wooden re-curved bow, you can step back in time and imagine how this age-old weapon has skilfully been used in daily life all over the world for centuries.
Sufficient practice will soon enable you to experience the adrenalin rush that accompanies a successful target hit. Archery is a precision sport, and skill takes time. As you get more confident, you can shoot arrows from a range of distances. Practice makes perfect! This exhilarating outdoor sport is a great way to compete against friends and family whilst releasing energy at the same time.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Unwind at the beautiful beaches of Khao Lak before experiencing the best of Dubai
- Outdoor living in Khao Lak with open-air dining, three swimming pools and massages
- Extra luxury in Thailand with a free double upgrade to a Chalet and one free dinner
- Experience exquisite luxury in Dubai
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Panoramic views of the Rub al Khali Desert can be admired from this 4-star resort's infinity pool and sun-lounger...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.