Al Maha Archery Day
Duration: Half Day
Located less than an hour away from the cosmopolitan city of Dubai, the luxurious Al Maha Desert Resort offers a range of exciting activities for its guests – and archery is just one of them. This may not be the first activity that springs to mind during a holiday in Dubai, but it’s a fun way to relax and learn something new.
Set in 225 square kilometres of pristine desert landscape, against the dramatic backdrop of the Hajar Mountain range, the Al Maha Desert Resort is an exclusive oasis that provides rest and relaxation in beautiful surroundings. The hotel lies within an award-winning nature reserve and is one of the most enchanting areas in Dubai. If you are looking to do something a bit different, this is an ideal place for novices to try archery for the very first time, or even practice existing skills under the watchful eye of expert guides.
Archery has historically been used in hunting and combat and is one of the oldest sports in the world, dating back thousands of years to the Stone Age (around 50,000 BC). In modern times, however, its main use is for recreation. The sport has featured in the Olympic Games since 1900 in Paris, although it disappeared for around 50 years after the 1920 Games, reappearing later at the 1972 Games in Munich. Ever since Sheikh Ahmed bin Hasher Al Maktoum won the gold medal at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, archery has become an increasingly popular sport in Dubai and there are several places in which to take lessons.
The Al Maha resort is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful and relaxing. A designated archery area is located within the reserve, where you will receive expert tuition and supervision from professional instructors. Both group classes and one-to-one lessons are available, and equipment is provided. Using a traditional, wooden re-curved bow, you can step back in time and imagine how this age-old weapon has skilfully been used in daily life all over the world for centuries.
Sufficient practice will soon enable you to experience the adrenalin rush that accompanies a successful target hit. Archery is a precision sport, and skill takes time. As you get more confident, you can shoot arrows from a range of distances. Practice makes perfect! This exhilarating outdoor sport is a great way to compete against friends and family whilst releasing energy at the same time.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Explore both Dubai and Abu Dhabi and stay at the five-star Hyatt Regency and Beach Rotana Hotel set in the heart of Abu Dhabi
- The hyatt regency is a Landmark hotel, centrally loacted in the heritage area of Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- The beach rotana has a great location with a private beach, beside a shopping mall and in the heart of the bustling city. It is 30 minutes from the airport
- At Hyatt regency there are incredible bars, clubs and restaurants right at the spot, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm
Experience the excitement of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Soak in the sunshine with this luxurious retreat across two stylish destinations
- Dine on delicious street food from across Asia in Bali
- Charming Indonesian style on the beachfront in Bali
- Ideal location in the heart of Dubai
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Sun Island is an elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Combine a trip to the laid back island of Phuket with a stay in the heart of the glamorous metropolitan that is Dubai....
If the sparkling blues of an Indian Ocean lagoon beckon you while the cosmopolitan allure of a strikingly modern city...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
The Hilton Abu Dhabi Hotel is set in lush surroundings overlooking the Corniche and the azure waters of the Arabian...
Panoramic views of the Rub al Khali Desert can be admired from this 4-star resort's infinity pool and sun-lounger...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.