Al Maha Archery Day
Duration: Half Day
Located less than an hour away from the cosmopolitan city of Dubai, the luxurious Al Maha Desert Resort offers a range of exciting activities for its guests – and archery is just one of them. This may not be the first activity that springs to mind during a holiday in Dubai, but it’s a fun way to relax and learn something new.
Set in 225 square kilometres of pristine desert landscape, against the dramatic backdrop of the Hajar Mountain range, the Al Maha Desert Resort is an exclusive oasis that provides rest and relaxation in beautiful surroundings. The hotel lies within an award-winning nature reserve and is one of the most enchanting areas in Dubai. If you are looking to do something a bit different, this is an ideal place for novices to try archery for the very first time, or even practice existing skills under the watchful eye of expert guides.
Archery has historically been used in hunting and combat and is one of the oldest sports in the world, dating back thousands of years to the Stone Age (around 50,000 BC). In modern times, however, its main use is for recreation. The sport has featured in the Olympic Games since 1900 in Paris, although it disappeared for around 50 years after the 1920 Games, reappearing later at the 1972 Games in Munich. Ever since Sheikh Ahmed bin Hasher Al Maktoum won the gold medal at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, archery has become an increasingly popular sport in Dubai and there are several places in which to take lessons.
The Al Maha resort is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful and relaxing. A designated archery area is located within the reserve, where you will receive expert tuition and supervision from professional instructors. Both group classes and one-to-one lessons are available, and equipment is provided. Using a traditional, wooden re-curved bow, you can step back in time and imagine how this age-old weapon has skilfully been used in daily life all over the world for centuries.
Sufficient practice will soon enable you to experience the adrenalin rush that accompanies a successful target hit. Archery is a precision sport, and skill takes time. As you get more confident, you can shoot arrows from a range of distances. Practice makes perfect! This exhilarating outdoor sport is a great way to compete against friends and family whilst releasing energy at the same time.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Surround yourself with ancient ruins and futuristic skyscrapers with a holiday to Sri Lanka and Dubai.
Combine the historical and cultural journey of a lifetime, with a stopover in one of the most futuristic and flashy cities in the world.
- A visit to one of the world’s most futuristic, indulgent and snazzy cities in the world – Dubai.
- Discover lush nature reserves, amazing temples, ancient ruins, Heritage sites and an overwhelming culture with a tour of one of the most intriguing and enchanting destinations in the world – Sri Lanka.
- Luxurious 4 & 5 star accommodation throughout the holiday.
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4 star All...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.