Al Maha Archery Day
Duration: Half Day
Located less than an hour away from the cosmopolitan city of Dubai, the luxurious Al Maha Desert Resort offers a range of exciting activities for its guests – and archery is just one of them. This may not be the first activity that springs to mind during a holiday in Dubai, but it’s a fun way to relax and learn something new.
Set in 225 square kilometres of pristine desert landscape, against the dramatic backdrop of the Hajar Mountain range, the Al Maha Desert Resort is an exclusive oasis that provides rest and relaxation in beautiful surroundings. The hotel lies within an award-winning nature reserve and is one of the most enchanting areas in Dubai. If you are looking to do something a bit different, this is an ideal place for novices to try archery for the very first time, or even practice existing skills under the watchful eye of expert guides.
Archery has historically been used in hunting and combat and is one of the oldest sports in the world, dating back thousands of years to the Stone Age (around 50,000 BC). In modern times, however, its main use is for recreation. The sport has featured in the Olympic Games since 1900 in Paris, although it disappeared for around 50 years after the 1920 Games, reappearing later at the 1972 Games in Munich. Ever since Sheikh Ahmed bin Hasher Al Maktoum won the gold medal at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens, archery has become an increasingly popular sport in Dubai and there are several places in which to take lessons.
The Al Maha resort is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful and relaxing. A designated archery area is located within the reserve, where you will receive expert tuition and supervision from professional instructors. Both group classes and one-to-one lessons are available, and equipment is provided. Using a traditional, wooden re-curved bow, you can step back in time and imagine how this age-old weapon has skilfully been used in daily life all over the world for centuries.
Sufficient practice will soon enable you to experience the adrenalin rush that accompanies a successful target hit. Archery is a precision sport, and skill takes time. As you get more confident, you can shoot arrows from a range of distances. Practice makes perfect! This exhilarating outdoor sport is a great way to compete against friends and family whilst releasing energy at the same time.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Exotic Mauriitus coupled with the dazzling city of Dubai with LUX* Grand Gaube and Pullman Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Stay at the romantic hideway LUX* Grand Gaube followed by glamorous Dubai
- Staying at LUX* Grande Gaube will make your holiday memorable with the hidden treasures they have to offer you during your stay
- Pullman Jumeirah is set within a great location just a few minutes walk to the marina and close by to the metro for you to explore Dubai
- Some of the treasures are you may stumble on a secret bar where you can make your own cocktail, enjoy a classic film at the Cinema on the beach these are only a few to mention
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Combine the magic of Mauritius with futuristic Dubai at Heritage Awali and Pullman Dubai Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Two amazing destination combine to make a holiday of glamour, relaxation, luxurious touches a nd memories to last a lifetime
- Luxury relaxation framed with breath-taking surroundings
- Sensational Spa treatments & state of the art gym
- Best of both - Ultimate Mauritian pampering and relaxation coupled with the best of Dubai's shopping and entertainment
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Wake up to an Indian sunrise before arriving discovering the luxurious Palm, Dubai.
- English speaking local tour guide whilst on the Deluxe Golden Triangle tour
- Swim with the dolphins at Dolphin Bay or get up close and personal with sea lions at Sea Lion Point.
- The Palm is home to 23 restaurants and bars, which includes NOBU and Ossiana which offers a fine dining experience with views of Ambassador Lagoon
If the sparkling blues of an Indian Ocean lagoon beckon you while the cosmopolitan allure of a strikingly modern city...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Set amidst the landscaped gardens with its private beach overlooking the Grand Canal, Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi is inspired...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.
The latest place to hit Dubai's sophisticated and trendy nightlife scene is without a doubt the most innovative and extravagant. Of course, it also had to be located inside the emirates' most decadently luxurious, 7-star hotel and, indeed, we're talking about no other than the Burj Al Arab. The recently opened Gold on 27, clad in real gold leaf motifs from head to toe and exuding golden opulence from every pore, does justice to its name, instantly becoming the city's most amazingly incredible nightspot - where every socialite and most elite members of society will want to be seen.