Duration: Half Day
If you want to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city during your holiday in Dubai, there are plenty of opportunities to venture off the beaten track and explore the Emirate’s beautiful rural countryside. Some of the most popular tours take visitors in and around the ancient village of Hatta, where you can discover historical forts, lush wadis, natural rock pools, sand dunes, mountains and much more besides. Choose your trip and prepare for the adventure of a lifetime.
With much to offer, the picturesque mountain town of Hatta is an ideal overnight stopover for travellers who wish to spend time exploring the local area. If you are staying in Dubai, it is also a popular place for day trips. Hatta’s most popular attraction is the Heritage Village, which dates back over 400 years. Nestled among the Hajjar Mountains, overlooking the lush green Hatta Wadi, this ancient fortress town was constructed around an old settlement dating back to the 16th century and stands as a fine example of Dubai’s rich heritage. The traditional mountain village houses are constructed from stone, mud and palm fronds, and have been built around an imposing fort which was the former home of the old Sheikh of Hatta. Several of the buildings showcase examples of ancient artifacts, traditional folklore poetry, musical instruments, costumes and handicrafts made from palm fronds and trees.
There is also a mosque here and two defensive watchtowers which overlook the village. You can climb the towers and enjoy fantastic views of the town and valley below. You will notice that Hatta Village is surrounded by hundreds of date palms, which are all watered using a falaj (traditional irrigation system). This will be explained during the tour.
Close by, you can discover the magnificent Hatta Rock Pools, located just across the border in Oman. Filled with crystal clear turquoise waters, these natural, spring-fed pools and waterfalls are perfect for swimming in. They fortunately carry water all year round, offering visitors a welcome escape from the heat in beautiful surroundings. Another popular off-road destination is the famous Camel Rock, otherwise known as Fossil Rock. Towering majestically above the red desert landscape, this awe-inspiring natural rock formation is embedded with marine fossils that date back millions of years ago when the area was covered by sea.
Other exciting excursions in the area include sand-skiing and quad bike riding along vast, golden-red dunes off the Dubai-Hatta Road. Not to be missed, Hatta offers exhilarating adventures for the whole family to enjoy.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Unwind at the beautiful beaches of Khao Lak before experiencing the best of Dubai
- Outdoor living in Khao Lak with open-air dining, three swimming pools and massages
- Extra luxury in Thailand with a free double upgrade to a Chalet and one free dinner
- Experience exquisite luxury in Dubai
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
The Hilton Abu Dhabi Hotel is set in lush surroundings overlooking the Corniche and the azure waters of the Arabian...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.