Duration: Half Day
If you want to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city during your holiday in Dubai, there are plenty of opportunities to venture off the beaten track and explore the Emirate’s beautiful rural countryside. Some of the most popular tours take visitors in and around the ancient village of Hatta, where you can discover historical forts, lush wadis, natural rock pools, sand dunes, mountains and much more besides. Choose your trip and prepare for the adventure of a lifetime.
With much to offer, the picturesque mountain town of Hatta is an ideal overnight stopover for travellers who wish to spend time exploring the local area. If you are staying in Dubai, it is also a popular place for day trips. Hatta’s most popular attraction is the Heritage Village, which dates back over 400 years. Nestled among the Hajjar Mountains, overlooking the lush green Hatta Wadi, this ancient fortress town was constructed around an old settlement dating back to the 16th century and stands as a fine example of Dubai’s rich heritage. The traditional mountain village houses are constructed from stone, mud and palm fronds, and have been built around an imposing fort which was the former home of the old Sheikh of Hatta. Several of the buildings showcase examples of ancient artifacts, traditional folklore poetry, musical instruments, costumes and handicrafts made from palm fronds and trees.
There is also a mosque here and two defensive watchtowers which overlook the village. You can climb the towers and enjoy fantastic views of the town and valley below. You will notice that Hatta Village is surrounded by hundreds of date palms, which are all watered using a falaj (traditional irrigation system). This will be explained during the tour.
Close by, you can discover the magnificent Hatta Rock Pools, located just across the border in Oman. Filled with crystal clear turquoise waters, these natural, spring-fed pools and waterfalls are perfect for swimming in. They fortunately carry water all year round, offering visitors a welcome escape from the heat in beautiful surroundings. Another popular off-road destination is the famous Camel Rock, otherwise known as Fossil Rock. Towering majestically above the red desert landscape, this awe-inspiring natural rock formation is embedded with marine fossils that date back millions of years ago when the area was covered by sea.
Other exciting excursions in the area include sand-skiing and quad bike riding along vast, golden-red dunes off the Dubai-Hatta Road. Not to be missed, Hatta offers exhilarating adventures for the whole family to enjoy.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Ideal Combination of Sea, and Sand of the tropical Mauritius and sights of trendy Dubai
- The central location provides fantastic connectivity to all of Dubai and is within walking distance to the famous Mall of the Emirates.
- Weekly activity programme includes: outdoor cinema, face painting, treasure hunt, cooking classes and much more
- All-inclusive 'Culinary Voyage' allows you to choose from 4 restaurants for lunch and 7 for dinner as well as 5 bars, including a night club and a sport bar
Mauritius' longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist and an elegant 5* Hotel offering luxurious accommodation in the heart of the City of Dubai
- Take some time to enjoy the spa treatments on offer at the Auris Plaza Spa with plenty of variety in methods
- Both hotels feature perfect location, great dining facilities and free Wi-FI. This twin-centre suites both couples and families
- Long Beach is a great place to gravitate to in the evenings, to eat from a selction of tastes from around the world
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4 star All...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.