Duration: Half Day
If you want to enjoy some of the best Arabian food, culture, hospitality and entertainment during your holiday in Dubai, the “Jumana: Secret of the Desert” extravaganza at Al Shara Resort will not fail to impress you. Unique to the Middle East, this exciting and elaborate fantasy show is a must-see.
Al Sahra, which means “the desert” in Arabic, is a desert resort in Dubailand, a multi-billion dollar urban complex in Dubai, and one of the biggest and most diverse leisure, entertainment and tourism attractions in the world. Set in a natural environment, the resort aims to give its visitors an unforgettable experience in the heart of the desert, whilst representing Arabian culture and heritage from Persia, the Maghreb, the Levant, the Gulf region, Oman and Yemen.
The main entertainment arena hosts a large amphitheatre, which has a seating capacity for up to 2500 spectators. Built in the style of an ancient Arabic settlement, it incorporates a traditional Arabic craft souk, Bedouin style working farm, camel farm, restaurants and a coffee shop, surrounded by native flora and fauna in a typical desert oasis landscape. The resort’s star attraction – “Jumana: Secret of the Desert” – is performed on a large stage here six nights a week.
Set in a lake containing 10 million litres of water, the Jumana show is a celebration of Arabian history and culture, enhanced by using some of the most advanced technology in the world. Audiences will be captivated by a variety of stunning audio-visuals, fireworks, state-of-the-art laser effects and illuminated, large scale water effects which form an integral part of the show. No words are spoken in the performance, but this story of mystery and adventure, deep in the heart of the Arabian Desert, is portrayed through dance and acrobatics by over 60 talented performers.
Comprising 12 different acts, the fable starts with the ailing King Othman, who decides to return to his birthplace before he dies. Here he is met by his two sons Prince Omar and Prince Sakher, who say their farewells to their father before he departs to the Afterworld. But before his death, the King reveals his lifelong wisdom to his sons by giving them the Seven Lessons of Life, after which he rewards them with their inheritance. The youngest son, Prince Omar, receives a simple pearl. As he holds it up, the pearl reveals a vision of a beautiful princess, his future wife. This is the start of his quest to find her. Hailed as a technological masterpiece, this spectacular show will delight, surprise and amaze you the whole way through.
Dinner is also available before the show at the Lahab restaurant. Enjoy a traditional Arabic buffet, with a selection of delicious mezze and Arabic grills, as well as unlimited soft drinks.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Mauritius' longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist and an elegant 5* Hotel offering luxurious accommodation in the heart of the City of Dubai
- Take some time to enjoy the spa treatments on offer at the Auris Plaza Spa with plenty of variety in methods
- Both hotels feature perfect location, great dining facilities and free Wi-FI. This twin-centre suites both couples and families
- Long Beach is a great place to gravitate to in the evenings, to eat from a selction of tastes from around the world
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4 star All...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Boasting a convenient location in Ratchadamri close to a plethora of shopping and dining options in the area, as well as...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.