Duration: Half Day
If you want to enjoy some of the best Arabian food, culture, hospitality and entertainment during your holiday in Dubai, the “Jumana: Secret of the Desert” extravaganza at Al Shara Resort will not fail to impress you. Unique to the Middle East, this exciting and elaborate fantasy show is a must-see.
Al Sahra, which means “the desert” in Arabic, is a desert resort in Dubailand, a multi-billion dollar urban complex in Dubai, and one of the biggest and most diverse leisure, entertainment and tourism attractions in the world. Set in a natural environment, the resort aims to give its visitors an unforgettable experience in the heart of the desert, whilst representing Arabian culture and heritage from Persia, the Maghreb, the Levant, the Gulf region, Oman and Yemen.
The main entertainment arena hosts a large amphitheatre, which has a seating capacity for up to 2500 spectators. Built in the style of an ancient Arabic settlement, it incorporates a traditional Arabic craft souk, Bedouin style working farm, camel farm, restaurants and a coffee shop, surrounded by native flora and fauna in a typical desert oasis landscape. The resort’s star attraction – “Jumana: Secret of the Desert” – is performed on a large stage here six nights a week.
Set in a lake containing 10 million litres of water, the Jumana show is a celebration of Arabian history and culture, enhanced by using some of the most advanced technology in the world. Audiences will be captivated by a variety of stunning audio-visuals, fireworks, state-of-the-art laser effects and illuminated, large scale water effects which form an integral part of the show. No words are spoken in the performance, but this story of mystery and adventure, deep in the heart of the Arabian Desert, is portrayed through dance and acrobatics by over 60 talented performers.
Comprising 12 different acts, the fable starts with the ailing King Othman, who decides to return to his birthplace before he dies. Here he is met by his two sons Prince Omar and Prince Sakher, who say their farewells to their father before he departs to the Afterworld. But before his death, the King reveals his lifelong wisdom to his sons by giving them the Seven Lessons of Life, after which he rewards them with their inheritance. The youngest son, Prince Omar, receives a simple pearl. As he holds it up, the pearl reveals a vision of a beautiful princess, his future wife. This is the start of his quest to find her. Hailed as a technological masterpiece, this spectacular show will delight, surprise and amaze you the whole way through.
Dinner is also available before the show at the Lahab restaurant. Enjoy a traditional Arabic buffet, with a selection of delicious mezze and Arabic grills, as well as unlimited soft drinks.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Combine the peaceful luxury of Mauritius with the opulent excitement of Dubai
- Young travellers are invited to ignite their imagination at Le Méridien Family Kids Club
- Enjoy a therapeutic steam bath or relaxing massage in the on-site Spa in Dubai
- Enjoy a plethora of complimentary water activities in Mauritius
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Admire beautiful Pointe aux Piments sunsets and relax on a white sandy beach in the friendly Récif Attitude hotel and explore the wonders of Dubai including one of the most famous shopping malls - The Mall of the Emirates
- Early Check in and Late Check out Guaranteed along with Dine Around at Recif Attitude
- The Mall of the Emirates is just a few minutes walk away from the Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha
- Recif Attitude, an adults only hotel, is a perfect choice for couples, friends or newly-weds to relax and unwind in its calm and friendly atmosphere
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Situated in Bay Square, a low-rise community filled with shops, street side dining and businesses, DoubleTree by Hilton...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.