Duration: Half Day
If you want to enjoy some of the best Arabian food, culture, hospitality and entertainment during your holiday in Dubai, the “Jumana: Secret of the Desert” extravaganza at Al Shara Resort will not fail to impress you. Unique to the Middle East, this exciting and elaborate fantasy show is a must-see.
Al Sahra, which means “the desert” in Arabic, is a desert resort in Dubailand, a multi-billion dollar urban complex in Dubai, and one of the biggest and most diverse leisure, entertainment and tourism attractions in the world. Set in a natural environment, the resort aims to give its visitors an unforgettable experience in the heart of the desert, whilst representing Arabian culture and heritage from Persia, the Maghreb, the Levant, the Gulf region, Oman and Yemen.
The main entertainment arena hosts a large amphitheatre, which has a seating capacity for up to 2500 spectators. Built in the style of an ancient Arabic settlement, it incorporates a traditional Arabic craft souk, Bedouin style working farm, camel farm, restaurants and a coffee shop, surrounded by native flora and fauna in a typical desert oasis landscape. The resort’s star attraction – “Jumana: Secret of the Desert” – is performed on a large stage here six nights a week.
Set in a lake containing 10 million litres of water, the Jumana show is a celebration of Arabian history and culture, enhanced by using some of the most advanced technology in the world. Audiences will be captivated by a variety of stunning audio-visuals, fireworks, state-of-the-art laser effects and illuminated, large scale water effects which form an integral part of the show. No words are spoken in the performance, but this story of mystery and adventure, deep in the heart of the Arabian Desert, is portrayed through dance and acrobatics by over 60 talented performers.
Comprising 12 different acts, the fable starts with the ailing King Othman, who decides to return to his birthplace before he dies. Here he is met by his two sons Prince Omar and Prince Sakher, who say their farewells to their father before he departs to the Afterworld. But before his death, the King reveals his lifelong wisdom to his sons by giving them the Seven Lessons of Life, after which he rewards them with their inheritance. The youngest son, Prince Omar, receives a simple pearl. As he holds it up, the pearl reveals a vision of a beautiful princess, his future wife. This is the start of his quest to find her. Hailed as a technological masterpiece, this spectacular show will delight, surprise and amaze you the whole way through.
Dinner is also available before the show at the Lahab restaurant. Enjoy a traditional Arabic buffet, with a selection of delicious mezze and Arabic grills, as well as unlimited soft drinks.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Unwind at the beautiful beaches of Khao Lak before experiencing the best of Dubai
- Outdoor living in Khao Lak with open-air dining, three swimming pools and massages
- Perfect break for families and couples alike
- Experience exquisite luxury in Dubai
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Treat yourself to a luxury break across two glamourous destinations with the help of the Conrad group. Begin on the...
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
Set along the Links Championship Golf Course on Yas Island, this luxurious hotel features a 30 yards outdoor pool with...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.