Diving in Dubai
Duration: Half Day
If you want to explore the Middle Eastern treasures of the Arabian Ocean during your holiday in Dubai, scuba diving is an exhilarating adventure for all the family to enjoy. Whether you are an experienced diver or a beginner, there is an exciting range of dive courses and tours to suit everyone − in Dubai and throughout the United Arab Emirates. Discover beautiful coral reefs, spectacular wrecks and an abundance of marine life on your breathtaking underwater voyage.
Some of the best dive sites in the UAE can be found off the coast of Dubai in the Arabian Gulf, as well as the less developed East Coast in the Arabian Sea and Musandam Penisula, which is actually part of the Sultanate of Oman. Depending on the experience you want, divers can explore either the Indian Ocean or the Arabian Gulf on their tour, offering great diversity. Because dive centres are now located throughout the UAE, it has become much easier to dive off the more isolated coasts and the number of locations is now quite extensive.
If you are an experienced diver and you love wreck diving, Dubai is the place to explore. With various sites ranging in depth from 10m to 80m, you will find an abundance of different wrecks in the waters of the Arabian Gulf, which have either sunk due to bad weather or marine accidents, or been placed there to form artificial reefs. The sandy seabed attracts a myriad of sea life, including turtles, rays, large barracuda, sea snakes, dolphins and many species of fish such as batfish and Arabian angelfish.
If you are looking for better visibility and a completely different diving experience, the Musandam Peninsula has dive sites suitable for all levels of experience. As well as offering an abundance of marine life such as dolphins, sharks, giant rays, lobsters and whale sharks, you will also find brightly-coloured coral gardens, caverns and sea walls. You can also explore colourful coral reefs teeming with marine life in remote areas such as Dibba, Fujeirah and Khor Fakkan on the UAE East Coast.
Occupying a small part of the Indian Ocean, the warm waters of the Arabian Sea boast an exciting diversity of tropical fish species, including lionfish, pipefish, jawfish, clownfish and stonefish, as well as black tip sharks, moray eels, cuttlefish, rays, turtles and many more exciting sea creatures. Whichever site you choose, diving in the UAE is an unforgettable experience not to be missed.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Experience the excitement of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Relax with a beach front break on the island of Phuket followed by a stay in the heart of Dubai
- Enjoy panoramic city views from the rooftop pool in Dubai
- Idyllic beachfront location close to the buzzing Karon Beach
- 10 restaurants and bars to choose from at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
Combine a trip to the laid back island of Phuket with a stay in the heart of the glamorous metropolitan that is Dubai....
If the sparkling blues of an Indian Ocean lagoon beckon you while the cosmopolitan allure of a strikingly modern city...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
The Hilton Abu Dhabi Hotel is set in lush surroundings overlooking the Corniche and the azure waters of the Arabian...
Panoramic views of the Rub al Khali Desert can be admired from this 4-star resort's infinity pool and sun-lounger...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.