Diving in Dubai
Duration: Half Day
If you want to explore the Middle Eastern treasures of the Arabian Ocean during your holiday in Dubai, scuba diving is an exhilarating adventure for all the family to enjoy. Whether you are an experienced diver or a beginner, there is an exciting range of dive courses and tours to suit everyone − in Dubai and throughout the United Arab Emirates. Discover beautiful coral reefs, spectacular wrecks and an abundance of marine life on your breathtaking underwater voyage.
Some of the best dive sites in the UAE can be found off the coast of Dubai in the Arabian Gulf, as well as the less developed East Coast in the Arabian Sea and Musandam Penisula, which is actually part of the Sultanate of Oman. Depending on the experience you want, divers can explore either the Indian Ocean or the Arabian Gulf on their tour, offering great diversity. Because dive centres are now located throughout the UAE, it has become much easier to dive off the more isolated coasts and the number of locations is now quite extensive.
If you are an experienced diver and you love wreck diving, Dubai is the place to explore. With various sites ranging in depth from 10m to 80m, you will find an abundance of different wrecks in the waters of the Arabian Gulf, which have either sunk due to bad weather or marine accidents, or been placed there to form artificial reefs. The sandy seabed attracts a myriad of sea life, including turtles, rays, large barracuda, sea snakes, dolphins and many species of fish such as batfish and Arabian angelfish.
If you are looking for better visibility and a completely different diving experience, the Musandam Peninsula has dive sites suitable for all levels of experience. As well as offering an abundance of marine life such as dolphins, sharks, giant rays, lobsters and whale sharks, you will also find brightly-coloured coral gardens, caverns and sea walls. You can also explore colourful coral reefs teeming with marine life in remote areas such as Dibba, Fujeirah and Khor Fakkan on the UAE East Coast.
Occupying a small part of the Indian Ocean, the warm waters of the Arabian Sea boast an exciting diversity of tropical fish species, including lionfish, pipefish, jawfish, clownfish and stonefish, as well as black tip sharks, moray eels, cuttlefish, rays, turtles and many more exciting sea creatures. Whichever site you choose, diving in the UAE is an unforgettable experience not to be missed.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Veranda Palmar Beach Resort is set in lush tropical gardens that lead down to an endless stretch of white sandy beach on...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.