Diving in Dubai
Duration: Half Day
If you want to explore the Middle Eastern treasures of the Arabian Ocean during your holiday in Dubai, scuba diving is an exhilarating adventure for all the family to enjoy. Whether you are an experienced diver or a beginner, there is an exciting range of dive courses and tours to suit everyone − in Dubai and throughout the United Arab Emirates. Discover beautiful coral reefs, spectacular wrecks and an abundance of marine life on your breathtaking underwater voyage.
Some of the best dive sites in the UAE can be found off the coast of Dubai in the Arabian Gulf, as well as the less developed East Coast in the Arabian Sea and Musandam Penisula, which is actually part of the Sultanate of Oman. Depending on the experience you want, divers can explore either the Indian Ocean or the Arabian Gulf on their tour, offering great diversity. Because dive centres are now located throughout the UAE, it has become much easier to dive off the more isolated coasts and the number of locations is now quite extensive.
If you are an experienced diver and you love wreck diving, Dubai is the place to explore. With various sites ranging in depth from 10m to 80m, you will find an abundance of different wrecks in the waters of the Arabian Gulf, which have either sunk due to bad weather or marine accidents, or been placed there to form artificial reefs. The sandy seabed attracts a myriad of sea life, including turtles, rays, large barracuda, sea snakes, dolphins and many species of fish such as batfish and Arabian angelfish.
If you are looking for better visibility and a completely different diving experience, the Musandam Peninsula has dive sites suitable for all levels of experience. As well as offering an abundance of marine life such as dolphins, sharks, giant rays, lobsters and whale sharks, you will also find brightly-coloured coral gardens, caverns and sea walls. You can also explore colourful coral reefs teeming with marine life in remote areas such as Dibba, Fujeirah and Khor Fakkan on the UAE East Coast.
Occupying a small part of the Indian Ocean, the warm waters of the Arabian Sea boast an exciting diversity of tropical fish species, including lionfish, pipefish, jawfish, clownfish and stonefish, as well as black tip sharks, moray eels, cuttlefish, rays, turtles and many more exciting sea creatures. Whichever site you choose, diving in the UAE is an unforgettable experience not to be missed.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Relax in a tropical paradise on the beautiful island of Mauritius, then explore the vibrant city of Dubai
- Right next to the Mall of the Emirates and a short walk from Jumeirah Beach
- Designed in traditional style, rooms are beautifully furnished and come complete with all modern amenties at Coin De Mire Mauritius
- Wide array of culinary experiences at Holiday Inn Al Barsha
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Combine the magic of Mauritius with futuristic Dubai at Heritage Awali and Pullman Dubai Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Two amazing destination combine to make a holiday of glamour, relaxation, luxurious touches a nd memories to last a lifetime
- Luxury relaxation framed with breath-taking surroundings
- Sensational Spa treatments & state of the art gym
- Best of both - Ultimate Mauritian pampering and relaxation coupled with the best of Dubai's shopping and entertainment
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Wake up to an Indian sunrise before arriving discovering the luxurious Palm, Dubai.
- English speaking local tour guide whilst on the Deluxe Golden Triangle tour
- Swim with the dolphins at Dolphin Bay or get up close and personal with sea lions at Sea Lion Point.
- The Palm is home to 23 restaurants and bars, which includes NOBU and Ossiana which offers a fine dining experience with views of Ambassador Lagoon
If the sparkling blues of an Indian Ocean lagoon beckon you while the cosmopolitan allure of a strikingly modern city...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Perfectly positioned on the beautiful white sands of a private Beach in the famous area of Dubai Marina, Sheraton...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.
The latest place to hit Dubai's sophisticated and trendy nightlife scene is without a doubt the most innovative and extravagant. Of course, it also had to be located inside the emirates' most decadently luxurious, 7-star hotel and, indeed, we're talking about no other than the Burj Al Arab. The recently opened Gold on 27, clad in real gold leaf motifs from head to toe and exuding golden opulence from every pore, does justice to its name, instantly becoming the city's most amazingly incredible nightspot - where every socialite and most elite members of society will want to be seen.