Diving in Dubai
Duration: Half Day
If you want to explore the Middle Eastern treasures of the Arabian Ocean during your holiday in Dubai, scuba diving is an exhilarating adventure for all the family to enjoy. Whether you are an experienced diver or a beginner, there is an exciting range of dive courses and tours to suit everyone − in Dubai and throughout the United Arab Emirates. Discover beautiful coral reefs, spectacular wrecks and an abundance of marine life on your breathtaking underwater voyage.
Some of the best dive sites in the UAE can be found off the coast of Dubai in the Arabian Gulf, as well as the less developed East Coast in the Arabian Sea and Musandam Penisula, which is actually part of the Sultanate of Oman. Depending on the experience you want, divers can explore either the Indian Ocean or the Arabian Gulf on their tour, offering great diversity. Because dive centres are now located throughout the UAE, it has become much easier to dive off the more isolated coasts and the number of locations is now quite extensive.
If you are an experienced diver and you love wreck diving, Dubai is the place to explore. With various sites ranging in depth from 10m to 80m, you will find an abundance of different wrecks in the waters of the Arabian Gulf, which have either sunk due to bad weather or marine accidents, or been placed there to form artificial reefs. The sandy seabed attracts a myriad of sea life, including turtles, rays, large barracuda, sea snakes, dolphins and many species of fish such as batfish and Arabian angelfish.
If you are looking for better visibility and a completely different diving experience, the Musandam Peninsula has dive sites suitable for all levels of experience. As well as offering an abundance of marine life such as dolphins, sharks, giant rays, lobsters and whale sharks, you will also find brightly-coloured coral gardens, caverns and sea walls. You can also explore colourful coral reefs teeming with marine life in remote areas such as Dibba, Fujeirah and Khor Fakkan on the UAE East Coast.
Occupying a small part of the Indian Ocean, the warm waters of the Arabian Sea boast an exciting diversity of tropical fish species, including lionfish, pipefish, jawfish, clownfish and stonefish, as well as black tip sharks, moray eels, cuttlefish, rays, turtles and many more exciting sea creatures. Whichever site you choose, diving in the UAE is an unforgettable experience not to be missed.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Uncover the dazzling magic of the futuristic buzz that is Dubai and then kick back and enjoy a laidback beach holiday in the stunning Ras al Khaimah.
- A Convenient base for exploring the sights of Dubai, with shuttle services to various sights included
- Enjoy thrilling activities and Waters ports
- Filled with family friendly amenities
Enjoy contrasting experiences with vibrant city life followed by sensational facilities and relaxation - all in one country!
- DoubleTree by Hilton Al Barsha is in an excellent locaiton for two world class golf courses
- Located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah, Atlantis, the Palm offers dazzling features such as an underwater maze, a marina education centre and the largest water themed attraction in the Middle East
- 22 renowned restaurants available to choose from at Atlantis, the Palm
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.