Diving in Dubai
Duration: Half Day
If you want to explore the Middle Eastern treasures of the Arabian Ocean during your holiday in Dubai, scuba diving is an exhilarating adventure for all the family to enjoy. Whether you are an experienced diver or a beginner, there is an exciting range of dive courses and tours to suit everyone − in Dubai and throughout the United Arab Emirates. Discover beautiful coral reefs, spectacular wrecks and an abundance of marine life on your breathtaking underwater voyage.
Some of the best dive sites in the UAE can be found off the coast of Dubai in the Arabian Gulf, as well as the less developed East Coast in the Arabian Sea and Musandam Penisula, which is actually part of the Sultanate of Oman. Depending on the experience you want, divers can explore either the Indian Ocean or the Arabian Gulf on their tour, offering great diversity. Because dive centres are now located throughout the UAE, it has become much easier to dive off the more isolated coasts and the number of locations is now quite extensive.
If you are an experienced diver and you love wreck diving, Dubai is the place to explore. With various sites ranging in depth from 10m to 80m, you will find an abundance of different wrecks in the waters of the Arabian Gulf, which have either sunk due to bad weather or marine accidents, or been placed there to form artificial reefs. The sandy seabed attracts a myriad of sea life, including turtles, rays, large barracuda, sea snakes, dolphins and many species of fish such as batfish and Arabian angelfish.
If you are looking for better visibility and a completely different diving experience, the Musandam Peninsula has dive sites suitable for all levels of experience. As well as offering an abundance of marine life such as dolphins, sharks, giant rays, lobsters and whale sharks, you will also find brightly-coloured coral gardens, caverns and sea walls. You can also explore colourful coral reefs teeming with marine life in remote areas such as Dibba, Fujeirah and Khor Fakkan on the UAE East Coast.
Occupying a small part of the Indian Ocean, the warm waters of the Arabian Sea boast an exciting diversity of tropical fish species, including lionfish, pipefish, jawfish, clownfish and stonefish, as well as black tip sharks, moray eels, cuttlefish, rays, turtles and many more exciting sea creatures. Whichever site you choose, diving in the UAE is an unforgettable experience not to be missed.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Explore both dubai and abu dhabi and stay at the five-star Hyatt Regency and Beach Rotana Hotel set in the heart of abu dhabi
- The hyatt regency is a Landmark hotel, centrally loacted in the heritage area of Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- The beach rotana has a great location with a private beach, beside a shopping mall and in the heart of the bustling city. It is 30 minutes from the airport
- At Hyatt regency there are incredible bars, clubs and restaurants right at the spot, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Treat yourself to a luxury break across two glamourous destinations with the help of the Conrad group. Begin on the...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
The Hilton Abu Dhabi Hotel is set in lush surroundings overlooking the Corniche and the azure waters of the Arabian...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.