Seaplane Coastal Pearl Tour
Duration: Flight 30min
This scenic coastal plane tour commemorates Dubai’s historic pearling heritage, which was the main source of income before oil was discovered and tourism developed. Enjoy a breathtaking 30-minute flight over the Arabian Gulf coastline, which has changed beyond recognition, and marvel at the dramatic sights of Dubai city from the air. Golden beaches, majestic modern architecture and luxurious man-made islands are just some of the highlights of this awe-inspiring journey.
Dubai was still a traditional pearl-fishing village over half a century ago, and its sparkling blue Arabian waters produced some of the finest pearls in the world. The emirate’s urban development has taken many different forms over its history, but the economic success over recent years has enabled the city to expand dramatically into a vibrant desert metropolis.
Modern Dubai is unrecognisable, boasting power, luxury and splendour, whilst retaining its deep commitment to Islamic culture and traditions. Dubai’s coastline has changed dramatically since its days of pearl fishing, but you won’t be disappointed. A bird’s eye view will enable you to appreciate the golden sands and architectural highlights of one of the most popular cities in the Middle East.
Leaving the harbour, we fly past the spectacular Dubai Marina and above the coastal area of Jumeirah where you are treated to an incredible bird’s eye view of the world-famous Palm Islands: Palm Jumeirah, Palm Jebel Ali and Palm Deira. Built in the shape of the Persian Gulf’s endemic date palm tree, the Palm Islands are the largest man-made islands in the world, created by Nakheel, one of the world’s leading developers. Constructed with sand dredged from the bottom of the sea, this ambitious development adds over 500km of beaches to Dubai. The islands are a major tourist attraction, hosting a number of residential villas, luxury hotels, waterfront apartments, theme parks, shopping malls, cinemas and restaurants.
You will fly then quickly around the world – literally. The nearby World Islands is Nakheel’s latest luxury development project. Shaped like the continents of the world, the World Islands stretch 9km wide and 7kms long and comprise 300 artificial islands divided into four categories − luxury resorts, private homes, estate homes and community islands. These extraordinary islands have to be seen to be believed. The world really is your oyster in Dubai.
We then fly past the magnificent Burj Al Arab Hotel, which stands on its very own man-made island less than 300 meters from Jumeirah Beach. Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the hotel’s spectacular architectural design dominates Dubai’s coastline and is nothing short of breathtaking from every angle. We then glide inland to Downtown Dubai where you can see Burj Dubai, the world’s tallest building, and other inspiring architecture scattered amongst historical treasures. This scenic ‘Coastal Pearl’ flight is an exhilarating way to view the city’s majestic coastline in all its glory during your holiday in Dubai.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Explore both Dubai and Abu Dhabi and stay at the five-star Hyatt Regency and Beach Rotana Hotel set in the heart of Abu Dhabi
- The hyatt regency is a Landmark hotel, centrally loacted in the heritage area of Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- The beach rotana has a great location with a private beach, beside a shopping mall and in the heart of the bustling city. It is 30 minutes from the airport
- At Hyatt regency there are incredible bars, clubs and restaurants right at the spot, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm
Experience the excitement of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Soak in the sunshine with this luxurious retreat across two stylish destinations
- Dine on delicious street food from across Asia in Bali
- Charming Indonesian style on the beachfront in Bali
- Ideal location in the heart of Dubai
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Both Kuredu Island and the Crowne Plaza offer fantastic luxury
- Kuredu has the first golf course in the maldives, a 6-hole par 3 course, located on the Eastern portion of the island with a full size driving range and floodlights
- Both properties have excellent service and stunning luxury facilities
- perfect location in the historic heart of Dubai within walking distance to main sights
Combine a trip to the laid back island of Phuket with a stay in the heart of the glamorous metropolitan that is Dubai....
If the sparkling blues of an Indian Ocean lagoon beckon you while the cosmopolitan allure of a strikingly modern city...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Set along the Links Championship Golf Course on Yas Island, this luxurious hotel features a 30 yards outdoor pool with...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
The Hilton Abu Dhabi Hotel is set in lush surroundings overlooking the Corniche and the azure waters of the Arabian...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.