Seaplane Coastal Pearl Tour
Duration: Flight 30min
This scenic coastal plane tour commemorates Dubai’s historic pearling heritage, which was the main source of income before oil was discovered and tourism developed. Enjoy a breathtaking 30-minute flight over the Arabian Gulf coastline, which has changed beyond recognition, and marvel at the dramatic sights of Dubai city from the air. Golden beaches, majestic modern architecture and luxurious man-made islands are just some of the highlights of this awe-inspiring journey.
Dubai was still a traditional pearl-fishing village over half a century ago, and its sparkling blue Arabian waters produced some of the finest pearls in the world. The emirate’s urban development has taken many different forms over its history, but the economic success over recent years has enabled the city to expand dramatically into a vibrant desert metropolis.
Modern Dubai is unrecognisable, boasting power, luxury and splendour, whilst retaining its deep commitment to Islamic culture and traditions. Dubai’s coastline has changed dramatically since its days of pearl fishing, but you won’t be disappointed. A bird’s eye view will enable you to appreciate the golden sands and architectural highlights of one of the most popular cities in the Middle East.
Leaving the harbour, we fly past the spectacular Dubai Marina and above the coastal area of Jumeirah where you are treated to an incredible bird’s eye view of the world-famous Palm Islands: Palm Jumeirah, Palm Jebel Ali and Palm Deira. Built in the shape of the Persian Gulf’s endemic date palm tree, the Palm Islands are the largest man-made islands in the world, created by Nakheel, one of the world’s leading developers. Constructed with sand dredged from the bottom of the sea, this ambitious development adds over 500km of beaches to Dubai. The islands are a major tourist attraction, hosting a number of residential villas, luxury hotels, waterfront apartments, theme parks, shopping malls, cinemas and restaurants.
You will fly then quickly around the world – literally. The nearby World Islands is Nakheel’s latest luxury development project. Shaped like the continents of the world, the World Islands stretch 9km wide and 7kms long and comprise 300 artificial islands divided into four categories − luxury resorts, private homes, estate homes and community islands. These extraordinary islands have to be seen to be believed. The world really is your oyster in Dubai.
We then fly past the magnificent Burj Al Arab Hotel, which stands on its very own man-made island less than 300 meters from Jumeirah Beach. Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the hotel’s spectacular architectural design dominates Dubai’s coastline and is nothing short of breathtaking from every angle. We then glide inland to Downtown Dubai where you can see Burj Dubai, the world’s tallest building, and other inspiring architecture scattered amongst historical treasures. This scenic ‘Coastal Pearl’ flight is an exhilarating way to view the city’s majestic coastline in all its glory during your holiday in Dubai.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Soak in the sunshine with this luxurious retreat across two stylish destinations
- Dine on delicious street food from across Asia in Bali
- Charming Indonesian style on the beachfront in Bali
- Ideal location in the heart of Dubai
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
Both Kuredu Island and the Crowne Plaza offer fantastic luxury
- Kuredu has the first golf course in the maldives, a 6-hole par 3 course, located on the Eastern portion of the island with a full size driving range and floodlights
- Both properties have excellent service and stunning luxury facilities
- perfect location in the historic heart of Dubai within walking distance to main sights
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Treat yourself to a luxury break across two glamourous destinations with the help of the Conrad group. Begin on the...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
The Hilton Abu Dhabi Hotel is set in lush surroundings overlooking the Corniche and the azure waters of the Arabian...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.