Duration: Full Day
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven different emirates located in the southeast of the Arabian Peninsula. This fascinating, full day tour will take you to six out of the seven emirates, bypassing Abu Dhabi, the largest and wealthiest emirate. This is a wonderful way to familiarise yourself with the beauty and diversity of this unique country. Boasting a rich cultural heritage and a unique range of landscapes, varying from mountains, beaches, desert and lush oases to modern city skylines, the UAE is a country of captivating contrasts and a fascinating destination to explore.
We begin our tour in the emirate of Dubai, where traditional culture successfully meets Western consumerism without compromising on values and beliefs. Dubai city is renowned for its luxurious hotels and shopping malls, and some of the most impressive modern architecture in the world. We then drive on towards the emirate of Sharjah, situated between Dubai and the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. Known as the cultural capital of the Middle East, the city is renowned for its many museums and art galleries, interesting architecture and beautifully restored heritage areas.
We pass the tranquil Khalid Lagoon, an artificial lake lined with a picturesque corniche, impressive high-rise buildings, shops and souks. You will get the chance to browse the Blue Souk, which is the biggest market in the city and one of Sharjah's most famous landmarks. The building has a unique Islamic design, and is beautifully decorated with thousands of blue tiles. Inside you will find hundreds of shops selling everything from antiques, jewellery and precious stones to textiles, clothing, perfume and electrical goods. Prepare for some hard haggling!
We then move on to Ajman, the smallest of the seven emirates. Situated on the Persian Gulf coast, Ajman boasts a beautiful white sandy beach which stretches 16km long. Here we will visit the dhow yard, where you can still see these traditional Arabian wooden boats being built with simple tools. We will also visit the Ajman Museum, a 16th century fort which served as the Sheikh Palace until 1970. Today it houses a variety of historical artifacts, manuscripts and weapons, as well as displays of traditional life.
Next, we drive to the emirate of Umm Al Quwain, which is renowned for its long sandy beaches and picturesque lagoon lined with lush green coastal mangroves. We will stop in the city for photos at the Sheikh Palace and museum before taking a short break for refreshments at La Palma Hotel.
Reaching the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah, which borders Oman in the northern region of the UAE, we stop for photos at Al Jazirah Al Hamra, the oldest town on the Persian Gulf. This brings us to the final destination of our tour, the beautiful emirate of Fujairah. Renowned for its unspoilt natural beauty comprising contrasting landscapes such as green valleys, dramatic mountains, lush oases and sandy beaches, this one of the most desirable tourist destinations in the UAE.
After stopping at a typical wadi (oasis), you can browse the Friday Market for pottery and rugs before enjoying lunch at Sandy Beach Hotel. This tour is a wonderful way to get a glimpse of the beauty, culture and traditions of the UAE in a short period of time.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Explore both Dubai and Abu Dhabi and stay at the five-star Hyatt Regency and Beach Rotana Hotel set in the heart of Abu Dhabi
- At Hyatt Regency there are incredible bars, clubs and restaurants right at the spot, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm
- The Hyatt Regency is a landmark hotel, centrally located in the heritage area of Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- The Beach Rotana has a great location with a private beach, beside a shopping mall and in the heart of the bustling city. It is 30 minutes from the airport
Get two incredible destinations for the price of one on this amazing trip to Dubai and Phuket
- Perfect beachside location in popular Karon
- Vibrant base in Dubai in Al Barsha
- Family friendly resort in Phuket with an amazing poolside restaurant
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Sun Island is an elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The first Sofitel SO brand in the world is a luxury Eco resort, set in an oasis of nature in the south of Mauritius,...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
Set along the Links Championship Golf Course on Yas Island, this luxurious hotel features a 30 yards outdoor pool with...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.