Duration: Full Day
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven different emirates located in the southeast of the Arabian Peninsula. This fascinating, full day tour will take you to six out of the seven emirates, bypassing Abu Dhabi, the largest and wealthiest emirate. This is a wonderful way to familiarise yourself with the beauty and diversity of this unique country. Boasting a rich cultural heritage and a unique range of landscapes, varying from mountains, beaches, desert and lush oases to modern city skylines, the UAE is a country of captivating contrasts and a fascinating destination to explore.
We begin our tour in the emirate of Dubai, where traditional culture successfully meets Western consumerism without compromising on values and beliefs. Dubai city is renowned for its luxurious hotels and shopping malls, and some of the most impressive modern architecture in the world. We then drive on towards the emirate of Sharjah, situated between Dubai and the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. Known as the cultural capital of the Middle East, the city is renowned for its many museums and art galleries, interesting architecture and beautifully restored heritage areas.
We pass the tranquil Khalid Lagoon, an artificial lake lined with a picturesque corniche, impressive high-rise buildings, shops and souks. You will get the chance to browse the Blue Souk, which is the biggest market in the city and one of Sharjah's most famous landmarks. The building has a unique Islamic design, and is beautifully decorated with thousands of blue tiles. Inside you will find hundreds of shops selling everything from antiques, jewellery and precious stones to textiles, clothing, perfume and electrical goods. Prepare for some hard haggling!
We then move on to Ajman, the smallest of the seven emirates. Situated on the Persian Gulf coast, Ajman boasts a beautiful white sandy beach which stretches 16km long. Here we will visit the dhow yard, where you can still see these traditional Arabian wooden boats being built with simple tools. We will also visit the Ajman Museum, a 16th century fort which served as the Sheikh Palace until 1970. Today it houses a variety of historical artifacts, manuscripts and weapons, as well as displays of traditional life.
Next, we drive to the emirate of Umm Al Quwain, which is renowned for its long sandy beaches and picturesque lagoon lined with lush green coastal mangroves. We will stop in the city for photos at the Sheikh Palace and museum before taking a short break for refreshments at La Palma Hotel.
Reaching the emirate of Ras Al Khaimah, which borders Oman in the northern region of the UAE, we stop for photos at Al Jazirah Al Hamra, the oldest town on the Persian Gulf. This brings us to the final destination of our tour, the beautiful emirate of Fujairah. Renowned for its unspoilt natural beauty comprising contrasting landscapes such as green valleys, dramatic mountains, lush oases and sandy beaches, this one of the most desirable tourist destinations in the UAE.
After stopping at a typical wadi (oasis), you can browse the Friday Market for pottery and rugs before enjoying lunch at Sandy Beach Hotel. This tour is a wonderful way to get a glimpse of the beauty, culture and traditions of the UAE in a short period of time.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Enjoy contrasting experiences with vibrant city life followed by sensational facilities and relaxation - all in one country!
- DoubleTree by Hilton Al Barsha is in an excellent locaiton for two world class golf courses
- Located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah, Atlantis, the Palm offers dazzling features such as an underwater maze, a marina education centre and the largest water themed attraction in the Middle East
- 22 renowned restaurants available to choose from at Atlantis, the Palm
Relax in a tropical paradise on the beautiful island of Mauritius, then explore the vibrant city of Dubai
- Right next to the Mall of the Emirates and a short walk from Jumeirah Beach
- Designed in traditional style, rooms are beautifully furnished and come complete with all modern amenties at Coin De Mire Mauritius
- Wide array of culinary experiences at Holiday Inn Al Barsha
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Wake up to an Indian sunrise before arriving discovering the luxurious Palm, Dubai.
- English speaking local tour guide whilst on the Deluxe Golden Triangle tour
- Swim with the dolphins at Dolphin Bay or get up close and personal with sea lions at Sea Lion Point.
- The Palm is home to 23 restaurants and bars, which includes NOBU and Ossiana which offers a fine dining experience with views of Ambassador Lagoon
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
If the sparkling blues of an Indian Ocean lagoon beckon you while the cosmopolitan allure of a strikingly modern city...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Perfectly positioned on the beautiful white sands of a private Beach in the famous area of Dubai Marina, Sheraton...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.
The latest place to hit Dubai's sophisticated and trendy nightlife scene is without a doubt the most innovative and extravagant. Of course, it also had to be located inside the emirates' most decadently luxurious, 7-star hotel and, indeed, we're talking about no other than the Burj Al Arab. The recently opened Gold on 27, clad in real gold leaf motifs from head to toe and exuding golden opulence from every pore, does justice to its name, instantly becoming the city's most amazingly incredible nightspot - where every socialite and most elite members of society will want to be seen.