East Coast Tour
Duration: Full Day
Holidays in Dubai conjure up images of a wealthy, cosmopolitan city; renowned for its luxurious shopping centres, excellent sports facilities and some of the world’s most impressive modern architecture. However, there is so much more to discover here – you just have to know where to look. This full-day tour will take you off the beaten track along the United Arab Emirate’s East Coast, where you can explore diverse landscapes and ancient archaeological sites whilst immersing yourself in traditional Arabian culture. This is one of the most fascinating tours available in Dubai.
The UAE’s East Coast offers some of the most beautiful scenery in the country, comprising vast deserts, dramatic mountains, lush wadis, sandy beaches and ocean. On our way to the coast, we will first pass through the agricultural area of Al Dhaid, which is renowned for its lush wadi and thriving fruit and vegetable plantations. As we drive onwards, the terrain changes dramatically from golden desert landscape to spectacular mountain scenery. We pass the majestic Hajar Mountains before reaching the scenic coastline, which is scattered with small fishing villages including the ancient town of Dibba. Once a commercial centre and strategically important settlement, Dibba is one of the oldest civilization areas in the UAE. Today this picturesque sea port town is a delight to explore, offering stunning views of the Arabian Sea.
Continuing along the coastline, we arrive at Al Bidya Mosque, one of the most important archaeological sites in Fujairah. Also known as the Ottoman Mosque, Al Bidya Mosque was constructed in the 15th century and is reputedly the oldest mosque in the United Arab Emirates. Its distinctive structure is simple, but the engineering is extraordinary for that period of time. All four domes are supported by one internal central pillar, and inside you will find stone carvings and unique shelves carved into the walls to house the Holy Quran. Visitors to the area can also climb the two watch towers next to the mosque, which were built to guard important trade routes. Today they provide beautiful panoramic views of the village and surrounding area.
We will then travel onwards through the old port towns of Khor Fakkan and Fujairah, passing the ruins of previous mountain dwellers and ancient archaeological sites such as the 300-year-old Fort of Fujairah. Regarded as the “Jewel of Arabia”, Fujairah is an area of diverse natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. Comprising lush oases, waterfalls, mountains and beaches, this unspoilt emirate is well worth exploring. Before heading back to Dubai, you will also get the chance to see the impressive Al Bithnah Fort, which was built in the early 18th century to guard the strategic route across the Hajar Mountains through Wadi Ham. Our last stop of the tour will be the local market in Masafi village, where you can shop for Persian rugs, carpets and pottery.
This diverse Middle Eastern adventure is a wonderful contrast to the hustle and bustle of Dubai city.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Wake up to an Indian sunrise before arriving discovering the luxurious Palm, Dubai.
- English speaking local tour guide whilst on the Deluxe Golden Triangle tour
- Swim with the dolphins at Dolphin Bay or get up close and personal with sea lions at Sea Lion Point.
- The Palm is home to 23 restaurants and bars, which includes NOBU and Ossiana which offers a fine dining experience with views of Ambassador Lagoon
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Discover the beauty of two different destinations
- Escape from daily stresses and routine and enjoy a relaxing Spa treatment in Dubai
- Intercontinental Mauritius is within 15-min drive from the main tourist region of Grand Baie and 50-min drive from Plaisance International Airport
- Unlimited recreation opportunities and world-class dinning facilities at Intercontinental Mauritius
Mauritius' longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist and an elegant 5* Hotel offering luxurious accommodation in the heart of the City of Dubai
- Take some time to enjoy the spa treatments on offer at the Auris Plaza Spa with plenty of variety in methods
- Both hotels feature perfect location, great dining facilities and free Wi-FI. This twin-centre suites both couples and families
- Long Beach is a great place to gravitate to in the evenings, to eat from a selction of tastes from around the world
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4 star All...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Boasting a convenient location in Ratchadamri close to a plethora of shopping and dining options in the area, as well as...
Whilst immersing yourself in Thai culture, you know that you can rely on the quality and comfort at MÃ¶venpick Hotel...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.