East Coast Tour
Duration: Full Day
Holidays in Dubai conjure up images of a wealthy, cosmopolitan city; renowned for its luxurious shopping centres, excellent sports facilities and some of the world’s most impressive modern architecture. However, there is so much more to discover here – you just have to know where to look. This full-day tour will take you off the beaten track along the United Arab Emirate’s East Coast, where you can explore diverse landscapes and ancient archaeological sites whilst immersing yourself in traditional Arabian culture. This is one of the most fascinating tours available in Dubai.
The UAE’s East Coast offers some of the most beautiful scenery in the country, comprising vast deserts, dramatic mountains, lush wadis, sandy beaches and ocean. On our way to the coast, we will first pass through the agricultural area of Al Dhaid, which is renowned for its lush wadi and thriving fruit and vegetable plantations. As we drive onwards, the terrain changes dramatically from golden desert landscape to spectacular mountain scenery. We pass the majestic Hajar Mountains before reaching the scenic coastline, which is scattered with small fishing villages including the ancient town of Dibba. Once a commercial centre and strategically important settlement, Dibba is one of the oldest civilization areas in the UAE. Today this picturesque sea port town is a delight to explore, offering stunning views of the Arabian Sea.
Continuing along the coastline, we arrive at Al Bidya Mosque, one of the most important archaeological sites in Fujairah. Also known as the Ottoman Mosque, Al Bidya Mosque was constructed in the 15th century and is reputedly the oldest mosque in the United Arab Emirates. Its distinctive structure is simple, but the engineering is extraordinary for that period of time. All four domes are supported by one internal central pillar, and inside you will find stone carvings and unique shelves carved into the walls to house the Holy Quran. Visitors to the area can also climb the two watch towers next to the mosque, which were built to guard important trade routes. Today they provide beautiful panoramic views of the village and surrounding area.
We will then travel onwards through the old port towns of Khor Fakkan and Fujairah, passing the ruins of previous mountain dwellers and ancient archaeological sites such as the 300-year-old Fort of Fujairah. Regarded as the “Jewel of Arabia”, Fujairah is an area of diverse natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. Comprising lush oases, waterfalls, mountains and beaches, this unspoilt emirate is well worth exploring. Before heading back to Dubai, you will also get the chance to see the impressive Al Bithnah Fort, which was built in the early 18th century to guard the strategic route across the Hajar Mountains through Wadi Ham. Our last stop of the tour will be the local market in Masafi village, where you can shop for Persian rugs, carpets and pottery.
This diverse Middle Eastern adventure is a wonderful contrast to the hustle and bustle of Dubai city.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Unwind at the beautiful beaches of Khao Lak before experiencing the best of Dubai
- Outdoor living in Khao Lak with open-air dining, three swimming pools and massages
- Extra luxury in Thailand with a free double upgrade to a Chalet and one free dinner
- Experience exquisite luxury in Dubai
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Panoramic views of the Rub al Khali Desert can be admired from this 4-star resort's infinity pool and sun-lounger...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.