East Coast Tour
Duration: Full Day
Holidays in Dubai conjure up images of a wealthy, cosmopolitan city; renowned for its luxurious shopping centres, excellent sports facilities and some of the world’s most impressive modern architecture. However, there is so much more to discover here – you just have to know where to look. This full-day tour will take you off the beaten track along the United Arab Emirate’s East Coast, where you can explore diverse landscapes and ancient archaeological sites whilst immersing yourself in traditional Arabian culture. This is one of the most fascinating tours available in Dubai.
The UAE’s East Coast offers some of the most beautiful scenery in the country, comprising vast deserts, dramatic mountains, lush wadis, sandy beaches and ocean. On our way to the coast, we will first pass through the agricultural area of Al Dhaid, which is renowned for its lush wadi and thriving fruit and vegetable plantations. As we drive onwards, the terrain changes dramatically from golden desert landscape to spectacular mountain scenery. We pass the majestic Hajar Mountains before reaching the scenic coastline, which is scattered with small fishing villages including the ancient town of Dibba. Once a commercial centre and strategically important settlement, Dibba is one of the oldest civilization areas in the UAE. Today this picturesque sea port town is a delight to explore, offering stunning views of the Arabian Sea.
Continuing along the coastline, we arrive at Al Bidya Mosque, one of the most important archaeological sites in Fujairah. Also known as the Ottoman Mosque, Al Bidya Mosque was constructed in the 15th century and is reputedly the oldest mosque in the United Arab Emirates. Its distinctive structure is simple, but the engineering is extraordinary for that period of time. All four domes are supported by one internal central pillar, and inside you will find stone carvings and unique shelves carved into the walls to house the Holy Quran. Visitors to the area can also climb the two watch towers next to the mosque, which were built to guard important trade routes. Today they provide beautiful panoramic views of the village and surrounding area.
We will then travel onwards through the old port towns of Khor Fakkan and Fujairah, passing the ruins of previous mountain dwellers and ancient archaeological sites such as the 300-year-old Fort of Fujairah. Regarded as the “Jewel of Arabia”, Fujairah is an area of diverse natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. Comprising lush oases, waterfalls, mountains and beaches, this unspoilt emirate is well worth exploring. Before heading back to Dubai, you will also get the chance to see the impressive Al Bithnah Fort, which was built in the early 18th century to guard the strategic route across the Hajar Mountains through Wadi Ham. Our last stop of the tour will be the local market in Masafi village, where you can shop for Persian rugs, carpets and pottery.
This diverse Middle Eastern adventure is a wonderful contrast to the hustle and bustle of Dubai city.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Uncover the dazzling magic of the futuristic buzz that is Dubai and then kick back and enjoy a laidback beach holiday in the stunning Ras al Khaimah.
- A Convenient base for exploring the sights of Dubai, with shuttle services to various sights included
- Enjoy thrilling activities and Waters ports
- Filled with family friendly amenities
Enjoy contrasting experiences with vibrant city life followed by sensational facilities and relaxation - all in one country!
- DoubleTree by Hilton Al Barsha is in an excellent locaiton for two world class golf courses
- Located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah, Atlantis, the Palm offers dazzling features such as an underwater maze, a marina education centre and the largest water themed attraction in the Middle East
- 22 renowned restaurants available to choose from at Atlantis, the Palm
Enjoy the beautiful Radisson Blu Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa in Mauritius and discover Dubai at Doubletree by Hilton
- Combine stunning beaches and relaxation with the excitement of a lively city as Dubai within one trip
- Benefit from free Wifi and romantic on-site dining options at Radisson Blu Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa
- Relax at one of the most beautiful beaches and enjoy All Inclusive at an excellent Hotel in Mauritius
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.