East Coast Tour
Duration: Full Day
Holidays in Dubai conjure up images of a wealthy, cosmopolitan city; renowned for its luxurious shopping centres, excellent sports facilities and some of the world’s most impressive modern architecture. However, there is so much more to discover here – you just have to know where to look. This full-day tour will take you off the beaten track along the United Arab Emirate’s East Coast, where you can explore diverse landscapes and ancient archaeological sites whilst immersing yourself in traditional Arabian culture. This is one of the most fascinating tours available in Dubai.
The UAE’s East Coast offers some of the most beautiful scenery in the country, comprising vast deserts, dramatic mountains, lush wadis, sandy beaches and ocean. On our way to the coast, we will first pass through the agricultural area of Al Dhaid, which is renowned for its lush wadi and thriving fruit and vegetable plantations. As we drive onwards, the terrain changes dramatically from golden desert landscape to spectacular mountain scenery. We pass the majestic Hajar Mountains before reaching the scenic coastline, which is scattered with small fishing villages including the ancient town of Dibba. Once a commercial centre and strategically important settlement, Dibba is one of the oldest civilization areas in the UAE. Today this picturesque sea port town is a delight to explore, offering stunning views of the Arabian Sea.
Continuing along the coastline, we arrive at Al Bidya Mosque, one of the most important archaeological sites in Fujairah. Also known as the Ottoman Mosque, Al Bidya Mosque was constructed in the 15th century and is reputedly the oldest mosque in the United Arab Emirates. Its distinctive structure is simple, but the engineering is extraordinary for that period of time. All four domes are supported by one internal central pillar, and inside you will find stone carvings and unique shelves carved into the walls to house the Holy Quran. Visitors to the area can also climb the two watch towers next to the mosque, which were built to guard important trade routes. Today they provide beautiful panoramic views of the village and surrounding area.
We will then travel onwards through the old port towns of Khor Fakkan and Fujairah, passing the ruins of previous mountain dwellers and ancient archaeological sites such as the 300-year-old Fort of Fujairah. Regarded as the “Jewel of Arabia”, Fujairah is an area of diverse natural beauty and rich cultural heritage. Comprising lush oases, waterfalls, mountains and beaches, this unspoilt emirate is well worth exploring. Before heading back to Dubai, you will also get the chance to see the impressive Al Bithnah Fort, which was built in the early 18th century to guard the strategic route across the Hajar Mountains through Wadi Ham. Our last stop of the tour will be the local market in Masafi village, where you can shop for Persian rugs, carpets and pottery.
This diverse Middle Eastern adventure is a wonderful contrast to the hustle and bustle of Dubai city.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Relax in a tropical paradise on the beautiful island of Mauritius, then explore the vibrant city of Dubai
- Right next to the Mall of the Emirates and a short walk from Jumeirah Beach
- Designed in traditional style, rooms are beautifully furnished and come complete with all modern amenties at Coin De Mire Mauritius
- Wide array of culinary experiences at Holiday Inn Al Barsha
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Combine the magic of Mauritius with futuristic Dubai at Heritage Awali and Pullman Dubai Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Two amazing destination combine to make a holiday of glamour, relaxation, luxurious touches a nd memories to last a lifetime
- Luxury relaxation framed with breath-taking surroundings
- Sensational Spa treatments & state of the art gym
- Best of both - Ultimate Mauritian pampering and relaxation coupled with the best of Dubai's shopping and entertainment
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Wake up to an Indian sunrise before arriving discovering the luxurious Palm, Dubai.
- English speaking local tour guide whilst on the Deluxe Golden Triangle tour
- Swim with the dolphins at Dolphin Bay or get up close and personal with sea lions at Sea Lion Point.
- The Palm is home to 23 restaurants and bars, which includes NOBU and Ossiana which offers a fine dining experience with views of Ambassador Lagoon
If the sparkling blues of an Indian Ocean lagoon beckon you while the cosmopolitan allure of a strikingly modern city...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Perfectly positioned on the beautiful white sands of a private Beach in the famous area of Dubai Marina, Sheraton...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.
The latest place to hit Dubai's sophisticated and trendy nightlife scene is without a doubt the most innovative and extravagant. Of course, it also had to be located inside the emirates' most decadently luxurious, 7-star hotel and, indeed, we're talking about no other than the Burj Al Arab. The recently opened Gold on 27, clad in real gold leaf motifs from head to toe and exuding golden opulence from every pore, does justice to its name, instantly becoming the city's most amazingly incredible nightspot - where every socialite and most elite members of society will want to be seen.