Magical Abu Dhabi
Duration: Full Day
During your holiday in Dubai, take a trip with a guided tour to the one of the wealthiest cities in the world - Abu Dhabi, where luxury, style and modern city life blends with traditional Arabian culture, historic landmarks and tranquil beaches. This full-day city tour will enable you to discover some of Abu Dhabi’s most magical city highlights, followed by lunch at one of the most beautiful and luxurious hotels in the world.
Located approximately 170km southwest of Dubai, Abu Dhabi is the largest of the seven Emirates and the capital of the UAE. Being rich in oil, Abu Dhabi is also the centre of the oil industry. As a result of the oil boom in the late 1950s, its capital city of the same name has rapidly transformed itself over the last 50 years from a small fishing village into a modern desert metropolis, and is now one of the richest and most modern cities in the world. On the tour you will learn just how this 'black gold' has benefited the local economy, although the city speaks for itself.
Known as the “Manhattan of the Middle East”, Abu Dhabi boasts towering skyscrapers, striking modern architecture, luxurious hotels and opulent shopping malls; scattered amidst religious mosques, Arabian palaces and historical landmarks. Everywhere you turn you are reminded of the city’s rich heritage, diverse culture, rapid development and great wealth, as well as its deep commitment to Islam. This unique blend of the old and new makes Abu Dhabi a delight to explore.
Abu Dhabi is actually located on an island, connected to the mainland by two bridges. On the way to the city, we will pass Jebel Ali, the world’s largest man-made port. Our first stop of the tour is the historical Al Husn Palace, also known as Old Fort or White Fort because of its eye-catching white-washed walls. Built in 1761, this is Abu Dhabi’s oldest building. It was the former home of the ruling Al-Nahyan family, but today it hosts the Cultural Foundation and Centre of Documentation and Research. The fort is renowned for its beautiful entrance, which is intricately decorated with beautiful Portuguese tiles, and within the walls you will find tranquil courtyards and palm-filled gardens.
After a photo stop here, you can enjoy a relaxing drive along the beautiful Corniche, which will give you a fantastic view of the city and coastline, passing a heritage village and lush green parks and gardens on the way. After another photo stop we visit the Dhow Yard, where you can see these traditional wooden boats still being built today using simple tools and centuries-old methods. You will also get the chance to visit the bustling fish market on the waterfront.
Our final stop of the tour will transport you to the height of Arabian luxury as you enjoy afternoon tea in one of the most beautiful hotels in the world. Built in the style of an Arabian Palace, the Emirates Palace is one of Abu Dhabi’s most majestic landmarks. We are sure you will not be disappointed when you take the journey from your Dubai holiday as this is a true fairytale experience not to be missed.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Enjoy contrasting experiences with vibrant city life followed by sensational facilities and relaxation - all in one country!
- DoubleTree by Hilton Al Barsha is in an excellent locaiton for two world class golf courses
- Located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah, Atlantis, the Palm offers dazzling features such as an underwater maze, a marina education centre and the largest water themed attraction in the Middle East
- 22 renowned restaurants available to choose from at Atlantis, the Palm
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.