Magical Abu Dhabi
Duration: Full Day
During your holiday in Dubai, take a trip with a guided tour to the one of the wealthiest cities in the world - Abu Dhabi, where luxury, style and modern city life blends with traditional Arabian culture, historic landmarks and tranquil beaches. This full-day city tour will enable you to discover some of Abu Dhabi’s most magical city highlights, followed by lunch at one of the most beautiful and luxurious hotels in the world.
Located approximately 170km southwest of Dubai, Abu Dhabi is the largest of the seven Emirates and the capital of the UAE. Being rich in oil, Abu Dhabi is also the centre of the oil industry. As a result of the oil boom in the late 1950s, its capital city of the same name has rapidly transformed itself over the last 50 years from a small fishing village into a modern desert metropolis, and is now one of the richest and most modern cities in the world. On the tour you will learn just how this 'black gold' has benefited the local economy, although the city speaks for itself.
Known as the “Manhattan of the Middle East”, Abu Dhabi boasts towering skyscrapers, striking modern architecture, luxurious hotels and opulent shopping malls; scattered amidst religious mosques, Arabian palaces and historical landmarks. Everywhere you turn you are reminded of the city’s rich heritage, diverse culture, rapid development and great wealth, as well as its deep commitment to Islam. This unique blend of the old and new makes Abu Dhabi a delight to explore.
Abu Dhabi is actually located on an island, connected to the mainland by two bridges. On the way to the city, we will pass Jebel Ali, the world’s largest man-made port. Our first stop of the tour is the historical Al Husn Palace, also known as Old Fort or White Fort because of its eye-catching white-washed walls. Built in 1761, this is Abu Dhabi’s oldest building. It was the former home of the ruling Al-Nahyan family, but today it hosts the Cultural Foundation and Centre of Documentation and Research. The fort is renowned for its beautiful entrance, which is intricately decorated with beautiful Portuguese tiles, and within the walls you will find tranquil courtyards and palm-filled gardens.
After a photo stop here, you can enjoy a relaxing drive along the beautiful Corniche, which will give you a fantastic view of the city and coastline, passing a heritage village and lush green parks and gardens on the way. After another photo stop we visit the Dhow Yard, where you can see these traditional wooden boats still being built today using simple tools and centuries-old methods. You will also get the chance to visit the bustling fish market on the waterfront.
Our final stop of the tour will transport you to the height of Arabian luxury as you enjoy afternoon tea in one of the most beautiful hotels in the world. Built in the style of an Arabian Palace, the Emirates Palace is one of Abu Dhabi’s most majestic landmarks. We are sure you will not be disappointed when you take the journey from your Dubai holiday as this is a true fairytale experience not to be missed.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Discover the beauty of two different destinations
- Escape from daily stresses and routine and enjoy a relaxing Spa treatment in Dubai
- Intercontinental Mauritius is within 15-min drive from the main tourist region of Grand Baie and 50-min drive from Plaisance International Airport
- Unlimited recreation opportunities and world-class dinning facilities at Intercontinental Mauritius
Mauritius' longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist and an elegant 5* Hotel offering luxurious accommodation in the heart of the City of Dubai
- Take some time to enjoy the spa treatments on offer at the Auris Plaza Spa with plenty of variety in methods
- Both hotels feature perfect location, great dining facilities and free Wi-FI. This twin-centre suites both couples and families
- Long Beach is a great place to gravitate to in the evenings, to eat from a selction of tastes from around the world
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4 star All...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Boasting a convenient location in Ratchadamri close to a plethora of shopping and dining options in the area, as well as...
Whilst immersing yourself in Thai culture, you know that you can rely on the quality and comfort at MÃ¶venpick Hotel...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.