Al Ain City Tour - the Garden City
Duration: Full Day
Enjoy a day exploring the beautiful city of Al Ain during your holiday in Abu Dhabi. Otherwise known as the “Garden City of the Gulf”, Al Ain is a rich agricultural area and one of the greenest and most picturesque cities in the UAE. Botanical gardens, lush oases and dramatic mountains await you on this exciting city tour, which combines ancient history, culture and Arabian treasures.
Located on the eastern border of the Abu Dhabi Emirate, adjacent to the Sultanate of Oman, Al Ain is the fourth largest city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and one of the oldest settlements in the Middle East. Surrounded by striking red-golden sand dunes and overlooked by the impressive Jebel
Hafeet Mountain, this charming desert oasis has always been an important stop on the caravan trail. The name Al Ain simply means “the spring” in Arabic, given to the city because of its plentiful mountain springs which flow into the surrounding oases. Water is distributed from the mountains to the plains through the ancient underground irrigation system "falaj", providing vital water for trees and crops.
As well as being one of the most significant agricultural centres of the Emirates, Al Ain hosts some of the most important archaeological sites in the country, dating back to the Bronze and Stone Ages. The city is developing as a tourist destination and has much to offer its visitors. This full day tour will reveal a mix of the old and new as you visit some of the most memorable city highlights.
Our first stop is the Hili Archaeological Park, home to the fascinating Hili tombs which date back to 3000 BC. There are several tombs here, located in the middle of a beautiful botanical garden. The most important is Hili Grand Tomb, famous for its 5000-year-old petroglyphs depicting humans and animals.
Located nearby, within Al Jahili Fort, is Al Ain National Museum, the largest museum in the Emirates. Here you will find several in-depth displays that will teach you about the history of the region and the Bedouin people, as well as exhibits showing archaeological excavations from the Bronze and Iron ages and artifacts reflecting Bedouin customs and traditions
Our last stop is the traditional camel market, which is famous throughout the country. Watch camels being traded here, as local sellers and buyers negotiate prices in Arabic. Some camel owners even dress up their prize possessions to catch the eye of potential customers. Soak up the bustling atmosphere under the hot desert sun and enjoy a true Arabian experience.
This tour is a wonderful way to enjoy the best of present day Arabia, whilst gaining an insight into its rich history and ancient culture.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Ideal Combination of Sea, and Sand of the tropical Mauritius and sights of trendy Dubai
- The central location provides fantastic connectivity to all of Dubai and is within walking distance to the famous Mall of the Emirates.
- Weekly activity programme includes: outdoor cinema, face painting, treasure hunt, cooking classes and much more
- All-inclusive 'Culinary Voyage' allows you to choose from 4 restaurants for lunch and 7 for dinner as well as 5 bars, including a night club and a sport bar
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Surround yourself with ancient ruins and futuristic skyscrapers with a holiday to Sri Lanka and Dubai.
Combine the historical and cultural journey of a lifetime, with a stopover in one of the most futuristic and flashy cities in the world.
- A visit to one of the world’s most futuristic, indulgent and snazzy cities in the world – Dubai.
- Discover lush nature reserves, amazing temples, ancient ruins, Heritage sites and an overwhelming culture with a tour of one of the most intriguing and enchanting destinations in the world – Sri Lanka.
- Luxurious 4 & 5 star accommodation throughout the holiday.
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4 star All...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.