Al Ain City Tour - the Garden City
Duration: Full Day
Enjoy a day exploring the beautiful city of Al Ain during your holiday in Abu Dhabi. Otherwise known as the “Garden City of the Gulf”, Al Ain is a rich agricultural area and one of the greenest and most picturesque cities in the UAE. Botanical gardens, lush oases and dramatic mountains await you on this exciting city tour, which combines ancient history, culture and Arabian treasures.
Located on the eastern border of the Abu Dhabi Emirate, adjacent to the Sultanate of Oman, Al Ain is the fourth largest city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and one of the oldest settlements in the Middle East. Surrounded by striking red-golden sand dunes and overlooked by the impressive Jebel
Hafeet Mountain, this charming desert oasis has always been an important stop on the caravan trail. The name Al Ain simply means “the spring” in Arabic, given to the city because of its plentiful mountain springs which flow into the surrounding oases. Water is distributed from the mountains to the plains through the ancient underground irrigation system "falaj", providing vital water for trees and crops.
As well as being one of the most significant agricultural centres of the Emirates, Al Ain hosts some of the most important archaeological sites in the country, dating back to the Bronze and Stone Ages. The city is developing as a tourist destination and has much to offer its visitors. This full day tour will reveal a mix of the old and new as you visit some of the most memorable city highlights.
Our first stop is the Hili Archaeological Park, home to the fascinating Hili tombs which date back to 3000 BC. There are several tombs here, located in the middle of a beautiful botanical garden. The most important is Hili Grand Tomb, famous for its 5000-year-old petroglyphs depicting humans and animals.
Located nearby, within Al Jahili Fort, is Al Ain National Museum, the largest museum in the Emirates. Here you will find several in-depth displays that will teach you about the history of the region and the Bedouin people, as well as exhibits showing archaeological excavations from the Bronze and Iron ages and artifacts reflecting Bedouin customs and traditions
Our last stop is the traditional camel market, which is famous throughout the country. Watch camels being traded here, as local sellers and buyers negotiate prices in Arabic. Some camel owners even dress up their prize possessions to catch the eye of potential customers. Soak up the bustling atmosphere under the hot desert sun and enjoy a true Arabian experience.
This tour is a wonderful way to enjoy the best of present day Arabia, whilst gaining an insight into its rich history and ancient culture.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Enjoy contrasting experiences with vibrant city life followed by sensational facilities and relaxation - all in one country!
- DoubleTree by Hilton Al Barsha is in an excellent locaiton for two world class golf courses
- Located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah, Atlantis, the Palm offers dazzling features such as an underwater maze, a marina education centre and the largest water themed attraction in the Middle East
- 22 renowned restaurants available to choose from at Atlantis, the Palm
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Discover the beauty of two different destinations
- Escape from daily stresses and routine and enjoy a relaxing Spa treatment in Dubai
- Intercontinental Mauritius is within 15-min drive from the main tourist region of Grand Baie and 50-min drive from Plaisance International Airport
- Unlimited recreation opportunities and world-class dinning facilities at Intercontinental Mauritius
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4 star All...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Boasting a convenient location in Ratchadamri close to a plethora of shopping and dining options in the area, as well as...
Whilst immersing yourself in Thai culture, you know that you can rely on the quality and comfort at MÃ¶venpick Hotel...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.