Al Ain City Tour - the Garden City
Duration: Full Day
Enjoy a day exploring the beautiful city of Al Ain during your holiday in Abu Dhabi. Otherwise known as the “Garden City of the Gulf”, Al Ain is a rich agricultural area and one of the greenest and most picturesque cities in the UAE. Botanical gardens, lush oases and dramatic mountains await you on this exciting city tour, which combines ancient history, culture and Arabian treasures.
Located on the eastern border of the Abu Dhabi Emirate, adjacent to the Sultanate of Oman, Al Ain is the fourth largest city in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and one of the oldest settlements in the Middle East. Surrounded by striking red-golden sand dunes and overlooked by the impressive Jebel
Hafeet Mountain, this charming desert oasis has always been an important stop on the caravan trail. The name Al Ain simply means “the spring” in Arabic, given to the city because of its plentiful mountain springs which flow into the surrounding oases. Water is distributed from the mountains to the plains through the ancient underground irrigation system "falaj", providing vital water for trees and crops.
As well as being one of the most significant agricultural centres of the Emirates, Al Ain hosts some of the most important archaeological sites in the country, dating back to the Bronze and Stone Ages. The city is developing as a tourist destination and has much to offer its visitors. This full day tour will reveal a mix of the old and new as you visit some of the most memorable city highlights.
Our first stop is the Hili Archaeological Park, home to the fascinating Hili tombs which date back to 3000 BC. There are several tombs here, located in the middle of a beautiful botanical garden. The most important is Hili Grand Tomb, famous for its 5000-year-old petroglyphs depicting humans and animals.
Located nearby, within Al Jahili Fort, is Al Ain National Museum, the largest museum in the Emirates. Here you will find several in-depth displays that will teach you about the history of the region and the Bedouin people, as well as exhibits showing archaeological excavations from the Bronze and Iron ages and artifacts reflecting Bedouin customs and traditions
Our last stop is the traditional camel market, which is famous throughout the country. Watch camels being traded here, as local sellers and buyers negotiate prices in Arabic. Some camel owners even dress up their prize possessions to catch the eye of potential customers. Soak up the bustling atmosphere under the hot desert sun and enjoy a true Arabian experience.
This tour is a wonderful way to enjoy the best of present day Arabia, whilst gaining an insight into its rich history and ancient culture.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Uncover the dazzling magic of the futuristic buzz that is Dubai and then kick back and enjoy a laidback beach holiday in the stunning Ras al Khaimah.
- A Convenient base for exploring the sights of Dubai, with shuttle services to various sights included
- Enjoy thrilling activities and Waters ports
- Filled with family friendly amenities
Enjoy contrasting experiences with vibrant city life followed by sensational facilities and relaxation - all in one country!
- DoubleTree by Hilton Al Barsha is in an excellent locaiton for two world class golf courses
- Located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah, Atlantis, the Palm offers dazzling features such as an underwater maze, a marina education centre and the largest water themed attraction in the Middle East
- 22 renowned restaurants available to choose from at Atlantis, the Palm
Enjoy the beautiful Radisson Blu Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa in Mauritius and discover Dubai at Doubletree by Hilton
- Combine stunning beaches and relaxation with the excitement of a lively city as Dubai within one trip
- Benefit from free Wifi and romantic on-site dining options at Radisson Blu Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa
- Relax at one of the most beautiful beaches and enjoy All Inclusive at an excellent Hotel in Mauritius
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.