Duration: Full Day
Dubai is undoubtedly a magical and almost surreal city, literally rising from the desert and dominating the Arabian Gulf coast with its presence. Boasting magnificent skyscrapers, ambitious modern architecture, opulent shopping centres, and luxury hotels and restaurants wherever you turn, Dubai is a playground for the rich and famous. Fortunately, Western consumerism mixes successfully with traditional Islamic culture here, and local values, beliefs and traditions are not compromised. The result is a unique mix of the old and new, which explains why Dubai is one of the leading tourist destinations in the Middle East. This full day tour will reveal some of the city highlights, after which you can enjoy lunch in one of the most luxurious hotels in the world.
Dubai is quite simply a shoppers’ paradise. Having gained a global reputation for boasting some of the best shops, malls and souks in the world, you will find everything from designer clothing to traditional goods here − at tax-free prices. Some of the best bargains and most interesting items can be found within the souks (traditional Arab markets), which are located on both sides of Dubai Creek, along the picturesque Corniche and up narrow winding alleys.
Our first stop of the tour is the famous Gold Souk, located in the commercial district of Deira in the heart of Dubai. This dazzling market hosts hundreds of shops selling a wide range of modern and traditional jewellery in different shades of gold, including necklaces, rings bracelets and brooches. If you want something special, you can even get your own piece exclusively designed for you. Known as the “City of Gold”, Dubai is one of the cheapest places in the world to buy gold so you can be sure to pick up a bargain. We will also browse other markets in the area, selling goods varying from spices, fish, fresh fruit and vegetables to perfume, textiles and silk. Get ready to haggle for the best prices.
Moving on to the Bastakiya area in Old Dubai, we step back in time to the days before electricity and air-conditioning as we view the traditional wind towers which were once used to cool the old courtyard houses. The narrow alleyways in this cultural area are lined with traditional Arabian architecture, giving you a fascinating glimpse of Dubai in times gone by. We will also visit the old Fahidi Fort, which is now home to Dubai History Museum, before stopping to take photos of one of the most beautiful mosques in Dubai, Jumeirah Mosque. This elegant stone structure is a striking city landmark and a tribute to modern Islamic architecture.
The grand finale of the tour is lunch at Burj Al Arab, one of the most luxurious hotels in the world. Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the hotel’s strikingly modern and ambitious architectural design dominates Dubai’s coastline on its very own man-made island, soaring to a height of 321 metres. The hotel’s lavish interior is equally impressive, as are the spectacular views of the Arabian Gulf from the restaurant. Dining here is an unforgettable experience not to be missed during your holiday in Dubai.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Combine the peaceful luxury of Mauritius with the opulent excitement of Dubai
- Young travellers are invited to ignite their imagination at Le Méridien Family Kids Club
- Enjoy a therapeutic steam bath or relaxing massage in the on-site Spa in Dubai
- Enjoy a plethora of complimentary water activities in Mauritius
- Exclusive Offer! Limited time only!
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
India is one of the most exciting and rewarding travel destination in the world. From the colourful and vibrant cities...
The first Sofitel SO brand in the world is a luxury Eco resort, set in an oasis of nature in the south of Mauritius,...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Situated in Bay Square, a low-rise community filled with shops, street side dining and businesses, DoubleTree by Hilton...
Set along the Links Championship Golf Course on Yas Island, this luxurious hotel features a 30 yards outdoor pool with...
Marmara Hotel Apartments is ideally located in the heart of "New Dubai", within walking distance to the region's most...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.