Duration: Full Day
Dubai is undoubtedly a magical and almost surreal city, literally rising from the desert and dominating the Arabian Gulf coast with its presence. Boasting magnificent skyscrapers, ambitious modern architecture, opulent shopping centres, and luxury hotels and restaurants wherever you turn, Dubai is a playground for the rich and famous. Fortunately, Western consumerism mixes successfully with traditional Islamic culture here, and local values, beliefs and traditions are not compromised. The result is a unique mix of the old and new, which explains why Dubai is one of the leading tourist destinations in the Middle East. This full day tour will reveal some of the city highlights, after which you can enjoy lunch in one of the most luxurious hotels in the world.
Dubai is quite simply a shoppers’ paradise. Having gained a global reputation for boasting some of the best shops, malls and souks in the world, you will find everything from designer clothing to traditional goods here − at tax-free prices. Some of the best bargains and most interesting items can be found within the souks (traditional Arab markets), which are located on both sides of Dubai Creek, along the picturesque Corniche and up narrow winding alleys.
Our first stop of the tour is the famous Gold Souk, located in the commercial district of Deira in the heart of Dubai. This dazzling market hosts hundreds of shops selling a wide range of modern and traditional jewellery in different shades of gold, including necklaces, rings bracelets and brooches. If you want something special, you can even get your own piece exclusively designed for you. Known as the “City of Gold”, Dubai is one of the cheapest places in the world to buy gold so you can be sure to pick up a bargain. We will also browse other markets in the area, selling goods varying from spices, fish, fresh fruit and vegetables to perfume, textiles and silk. Get ready to haggle for the best prices.
Moving on to the Bastakiya area in Old Dubai, we step back in time to the days before electricity and air-conditioning as we view the traditional wind towers which were once used to cool the old courtyard houses. The narrow alleyways in this cultural area are lined with traditional Arabian architecture, giving you a fascinating glimpse of Dubai in times gone by. We will also visit the old Fahidi Fort, which is now home to Dubai History Museum, before stopping to take photos of one of the most beautiful mosques in Dubai, Jumeirah Mosque. This elegant stone structure is a striking city landmark and a tribute to modern Islamic architecture.
The grand finale of the tour is lunch at Burj Al Arab, one of the most luxurious hotels in the world. Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the hotel’s strikingly modern and ambitious architectural design dominates Dubai’s coastline on its very own man-made island, soaring to a height of 321 metres. The hotel’s lavish interior is equally impressive, as are the spectacular views of the Arabian Gulf from the restaurant. Dining here is an unforgettable experience not to be missed during your holiday in Dubai.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Wake up to an Indian sunrise before arriving discovering the luxurious Palm, Dubai.
- English speaking local tour guide whilst on the Deluxe Golden Triangle tour
- Swim with the dolphins at Dolphin Bay or get up close and personal with sea lions at Sea Lion Point.
- The Palm is home to 23 restaurants and bars, which includes NOBU and Ossiana which offers a fine dining experience with views of Ambassador Lagoon
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Discover the beauty of two different destinations
- Escape from daily stresses and routine and enjoy a relaxing Spa treatment in Dubai
- Intercontinental Mauritius is within 15-min drive from the main tourist region of Grand Baie and 50-min drive from Plaisance International Airport
- Unlimited recreation opportunities and world-class dinning facilities at Intercontinental Mauritius
Mauritius' longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist and an elegant 5* Hotel offering luxurious accommodation in the heart of the City of Dubai
- Take some time to enjoy the spa treatments on offer at the Auris Plaza Spa with plenty of variety in methods
- Both hotels feature perfect location, great dining facilities and free Wi-FI. This twin-centre suites both couples and families
- Long Beach is a great place to gravitate to in the evenings, to eat from a selction of tastes from around the world
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4 star All...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
The Leaf on the Sands by Katathani boast a great location both near to the centre of Khao Lak and just five minutes...
Boasting a convenient location in Ratchadamri close to a plethora of shopping and dining options in the area, as well as...
Whilst immersing yourself in Thai culture, you know that you can rely on the quality and comfort at MÃ¶venpick Hotel...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.
The United Arab Emirates is made up of seven states that are popular destinations due to all-year-round sunny, hot weather and magnificent natural landscapes. Its crystal-clear waters are now attracting more scuba diving enthusiasts, and Time Out Dubai has highlighted some of the best diving destinations in the Middle Eastern region, from rocky structures to sunken shipwrecks.