Dubai City Tour
Duration: Half Day
Located on the Persian Gulf coast, Dubai is a vibrant and wealthy desert metropolis, boasting magnificent skyscrapers, ambitious modern architecture, luxury shopping malls and world-class hotels and resorts. Despite the rapid development of the city, however, Dubai remains true to its traditional Arab culture. Many of the modern buildings are influenced by Islamic culture and traditions, whilst historical buildings are respected and preserved. This successful blend of the old and new has created a vibrant and inspiring cosmopolitan city, which is now one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Middle East.
This half day tour will reveal some of the traditional city highlights in Old Dubai, where you can gain a unique glimpse of times gone by.
Dubai has gained a global reputation for being one of the best shopping destinations in the world. Offering an exciting mix of modern and traditional items, you will find everything you could possibly want or need here − from designer clothing and state-of-the-art technology to incense and jewellery – at tax-free prices. Some of the best bargains and most interesting items can be found within the souks (traditional Arab markets), many of which line the Deira Corniche alongside Dubai Creek.
The famous Gold Souk, located in the heart of Dubai’s commercial district, is one highlight of the tour. Prepare to be dazzled as you walk past hundreds of stalls selling a wide range of modern and traditional jewellery in different shades of gold. Known as the “City of Gold”, Dubai is one of the cheapest places in the world to buy this precious metal, so whether you are looking for rings, necklaces, bracelets or pendants, you can be sure to pick up a bargain. You will also get the chance to browse other souks in the area, selling everything from spices, fish and fresh fruit to perfume, clothing and colourful fabrics. Prepare to haggle for the best prices.
This tour enables you to step back in time during your holiday in Dubai and appreciate the colourful heritage, history and traditions of one of the Middle East’s most exciting cities.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Unwind at the beautiful beaches of Khao Lak before experiencing the best of Dubai
- Outdoor living in Khao Lak with open-air dining, three swimming pools and massages
- Perfect break for families and couples alike
- Experience exquisite luxury in Dubai
Uncover the dazzling magic of the futuristic buzz that is Dubai and then kick back and enjoy a laidback beach holiday in the stunning Ras al Khaimah.
- A Convenient base for exploring the sights of Dubai, with shuttle services to various sights included
- Enjoy thrilling activities and Waters ports
- Filled with family friendly amenities
Enjoy the beautiful Radisson Blu Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa in Mauritius and discover Dubai at Doubletree by Hilton
- Combine stunning beaches and relaxation with the excitement of a lively city as Dubai within one trip
- Benefit from free Wifi and romantic on-site dining options at Radisson Blu Poste Lafayette Resort & Spa
- Relax at one of the most beautiful beaches and enjoy All Inclusive at an excellent Hotel in Mauritius
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Sun Island is al elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Get a taste for Thai life with a stay in the heart of Bangkok at the stylish Rembrandt Hotel and Towers where you are...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.