Dubai City Tour
Duration: Half Day
Located on the Persian Gulf coast, Dubai is a vibrant and wealthy desert metropolis, boasting magnificent skyscrapers, ambitious modern architecture, luxury shopping malls and world-class hotels and resorts. Despite the rapid development of the city, however, Dubai remains true to its traditional Arab culture. Many of the modern buildings are influenced by Islamic culture and traditions, whilst historical buildings are respected and preserved. This successful blend of the old and new has created a vibrant and inspiring cosmopolitan city, which is now one of the most popular tourist destinations in the Middle East.
This half day tour will reveal some of the traditional city highlights in Old Dubai, where you can gain a unique glimpse of times gone by.
Dubai has gained a global reputation for being one of the best shopping destinations in the world. Offering an exciting mix of modern and traditional items, you will find everything you could possibly want or need here − from designer clothing and state-of-the-art technology to incense and jewellery – at tax-free prices. Some of the best bargains and most interesting items can be found within the souks (traditional Arab markets), many of which line the Deira Corniche alongside Dubai Creek.
The famous Gold Souk, located in the heart of Dubai’s commercial district, is one highlight of the tour. Prepare to be dazzled as you walk past hundreds of stalls selling a wide range of modern and traditional jewellery in different shades of gold. Known as the “City of Gold”, Dubai is one of the cheapest places in the world to buy this precious metal, so whether you are looking for rings, necklaces, bracelets or pendants, you can be sure to pick up a bargain. You will also get the chance to browse other souks in the area, selling everything from spices, fish and fresh fruit to perfume, clothing and colourful fabrics. Prepare to haggle for the best prices.
This tour enables you to step back in time during your holiday in Dubai and appreciate the colourful heritage, history and traditions of one of the Middle East’s most exciting cities.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Explore both dubai and abu dhabi and stay at the five-star Hyatt Regency and Beach Rotana Hotel set in the heart of abu dhabi
- The hyatt regency is a Landmark hotel, centrally loacted in the heritage area of Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- The beach rotana has a great location with a private beach, beside a shopping mall and in the heart of the bustling city. It is 30 minutes from the airport
- At Hyatt regency there are incredible bars, clubs and restaurants right at the spot, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm
Soak in the sunshine with this luxurious retreat across two stylish destinations
- Dine on delicious street food from across Asia in Bali
- Charming Indonesian style on the beachfront in Bali
- Ideal location in the heart of Dubai
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Relax and unwind on Paradise Island before picking up the pace in glamorous Dubai enjoy the Duty free shopping
- Take a dip in the turquoise lagoon or the onsite pool, go snorkelling and windsurfing or opt for land sports recreation
- Your Dubai abode sits close to the Mall of the Emirates and a short ride to the famous Jumeirah Beach
- Paradise Island accommodation are Bungalows with direct access to the beach or Water Bungalows with private sun terrace
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
Treat yourself to a luxury break across two glamourous destinations with the help of the Conrad group. Begin on the...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
The Hilton Abu Dhabi Hotel is set in lush surroundings overlooking the Corniche and the azure waters of the Arabian...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.