Dubai Grand Canyons - Safari to the Hajar Mountains
Duration: Half Day
Travel off the beaten track during your holiday in Dubai as we drive through tranquil fishing villages and wild landscapes to uncover the rugged natural beauty of the United Arab Emirates. Leave the hustle and bustle of the city behind as you take time to discover Dubai’s magnificent rural treasures.
This exhilarating off-road adventure provides the perfect opportunity for relaxation and exploration as we head for the majestic Hajar Mountain range via the East Coast of the United Arab Emirates. Leaving the city of Dubai early in the morning, we travel through a modern Bedouin village and traditional camel farms before heading along the scenic Hatta road on the border of Oman. Watch the flat desert landscape dramatically transform into spectacular hills and steep, rocky mountains on the way. Boasting incredibly diverse scenery, the East Coast is also renowned for its unspoilt sandy beaches, tranquil fishing villages and ancient fortresses.
We soon arrive at the hilly oasis town of Masafi, located on the edge of the Hajar Mountains between the emirates of Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah. Meaning "pure water" in Arabic, the village is well known for its many natural springs. We will make a brief stop at the colourful Friday Market, which actually takes place daily throughout the week. Here you can shop and browse for local goods such as rugs, pottery, antiques and souvenirs. You can be sure of picking up a bargain here.
We continue onwards along the shores of the Indian Ocean to the tranquil coastal town of Dibba, where you can stop at the colourful vegetable and fish markets. From here, your off-road adventure begins as we travel through the steep passes of the spectacular Hajar Mountain range, also known as the “Grand Canyon of the Middle East". This two-hour drive will transport you through a variety of spectacular rugged landscapes such as dramatic canyons, deep gorges and rocky valleys. From the highest points you will gain some incredible views, so keep your camera handy.
We will stop for a picnic lunch amongst the canyons, after which we will return to Dibba for a photo-stop in the picturesque wadis before returning to Dubai in the evening. This unique safari will open your eyes to the traditional culture and natural treasures that seem far removed from the modern Dubai city.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Relax with a beach front break on the island of Phuket followed by a stay in the heart of Dubai
- Enjoy panoramic city views from the rooftop pool in Dubai
- Idyllic beachfront location close to the buzzing Karon Beach
- 10 restaurants and bars to choose from at the Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa
Take in the sights of the Golden Triangle tour where you will feel transported back in time then head for Dubai the world's most futuristic destination
- Complete your stay with a short break in luxurious Dubai
- Enjoy a horse carriage ride while visiting the Taj Mahal
- Experience a traditional Rajasthani dinner with a local family
Soak in the sunshine with this luxurious retreat across two stylish destinations
- Dine on delicious street food from across Asia in Bali
- Charming Indonesian style on the beachfront in Bali
- Ideal location in the heart of Dubai
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Sun Island is an elegant and serene paradise in the Indian Ocean whilst Media Rotana is perfectly positioned for you to explore the wonders of Dubai.
- Both properties have restaurants that cover dishes from around the world
- Media Rotana is perfectly located in the centre of Dubai, within easy reach of shopping centres, the gold souk and Dubai's famous creek
- Sun Island lies in the South Ari Atoll, and is surrounded by wide beaches of fine sand and offshore waters that house underwater gardens full of marine life
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
Combine a trip to the laid back island of Phuket with a stay in the heart of the glamorous metropolitan that is Dubai....
If the sparkling blues of an Indian Ocean lagoon beckon you while the cosmopolitan allure of a strikingly modern city...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Set along the Links Championship Golf Course on Yas Island, this luxurious hotel features a 30 yards outdoor pool with...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
The Hilton Abu Dhabi Hotel is set in lush surroundings overlooking the Corniche and the azure waters of the Arabian...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.