Rides and Slides - Camel Riding and Sandboarding Safari
Duration: Half Day
The very mention of Dubai conjures up images of a rich man’s playground, boasting luxury hotels, developments and shopping malls wherever you turn. If you venture away from the city, however, there are a number of exciting trips to embark on along the coast and in the desert.
If you are looking for an exotic Arabian adventure during your holiday in Dubai, then look no further. This memorable desert safari will take you into the heart of the Margham Desert, where you can ride camels as the sun rises, or jump on a sand board and enjoy an exhilarating ride down the dunes. Not for the fainthearted, thrill-seekers will love this experience.
Departing from Jumeirah Beach in Dubai, your half-day tour will begin by driving south into the beautiful Margham Desert. Sit back and enjoy the ride as your 4-wheel-drive vehicle takes you across miles of spectacular red dunes, which stretch as far as the eye can see. This vast and tranquil wilderness is a sight to behold, particularly as the sun rises and sets on the horizon.
Once we stop, you will have the opportunity to take a half hour camel ride across the endless golden sands, where ancient desert dwellers have travelled before you. This is an unforgettable experience not to be missed.
After abandoning this traditional method of transport, try something a bit more modern but equally exciting as you climb aboard a sand board for an exhilarating ride down some of the tallest sand dunes in the world. Dubai is one of the few places in the world where you can try sandboarding. Also known as ‘sand surfing’, this popular sport is similar to snowboarding except that it takes place on sand dunes rather than snowy slopes.
With both feet strapped to a board, feel the rush of the wind as you slide down or across the steep, rolling dunes at high speeds, just as if you were surfing a wave in the ocean or snowboarding down a mountain. Don’t worry if you fall off – the warm sand will provide a soft landing! Once you reach the bottom, you can just climb up the dunes and start all over again.
Enjoy one adrenaline rush after another. It’s easy to see how this breathtaking sport can become addictive! Refreshments are included to rehydrate you after all the fun. No trip to Dubai is complete without at least one desert adventure, so make this yours.
Dubai Holidays Browse all
Experience the excitiment of Yas island matched with the charm and opulence of Atlantis The Palm Dubai
- A fun packed adventure at the Wild Wadi water park on the palm
- The amazing Ferarri world at Yas island
- Impecable service and amenities come as standard
Explore paradise on Earth in Bali before a breath-taking stay in Dubai
- Take advantage of one of the numerous room offers & restaurant deals offered by the Mövenpick Hotel Jumeirah Lakes Towers including family getaways, business deals and much more
- Between excursions, guests at Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bali can refresh in the multi-level swimming pool with various activity zones
- Stroll along the beach just steps from the resort in Bali, discover hidden coves and world-class surfing along the coast
Enjoy an amazing twin-centre holiday combining the golden sands of Sri Lanka with the modern opulence of Arabic luxury in Dubai.
- Both hotels offer the finest quality facilities and amenities to suit guests of all ages
- While in Dubai escape to the tranquillity of SPA Asiana, the perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate
- Sample authentic Sri Lankan cuisine at the Avani Kalutara Resort with Half-Board dining
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Capture the wonder of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Take advantage of the personal training and sports lessons at the Hyatt Regency
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani Family
- Explore the City palace in Jaipur
Mauritius' longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist and an elegant 5* Hotel offering luxurious accommodation in the heart of the City of Dubai
- Take some time to enjoy the spa treatments on offer at the Auris Plaza Spa with plenty of variety in methods
- Both hotels feature perfect location, great dining facilities and free Wi-FI. This twin-centre suites both couples and families
- Long Beach is a great place to gravitate to in the evenings, to eat from a selction of tastes from around the world
This 7 nights tour is the perfect introduction to the wonders of India's 'Golden Triangle'. This area is home to the...
Veranda Palmar Beach Resort is set in lush tropical gardens that lead down to an endless stretch of white sandy beach on...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
This contemporary 4* hotel is centrally located in Al Barsha and provides easy access to the Sheikh Zayed Road and the...
Treat yourself to a truly unique experience by combining two luxury hotels in one trip and discover the best of the...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
Greeting guests with an ambience of contemporary luxury complimented by dramatic architecture and design, the Media...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Dubai
Dubai NewsBrowse all Dubai News
As part of their Easter Campaign, the Dubai Tourist board has released two new promotional videos enticing travellers to take a sunny break from British weather's gloom and doom in always reliably radiant and cloud-free Dubai. While one video is aimed at freeing families from annoying clothing layers, the other one inspires young girls in search a fun, sun-filled escape.
Sales Executive from Emirates Airlines, Emma Colyer landed in The Holiday Place yesterday to bestow some seasonal cheer and update us all on the airlines' plans for 2017. After gifting us with some handy 2017 calendars she told us of the airline's introduction of brand new state-of-the-art plans and the retiring of the older models. We also chatted about increasing our cooperation links in destinations like Bali, Thailand and the Seychelles.
American reality TV star and Hilton Hotels and Resorts heiress, Paris Hilton, is planning to open new luxury hotels in Dubai, Las Vegas, and New York. According to Forbes business magazine, the new brand will be named after her first name and will not use the Hilton family name, and the inspiration behind the new business is from her recent collaborations with Century Properties in the Philippines and the launch of beach clubs.