Surfing Le Morne - Beginners Course
Duration: Half Day
The stunning island of Mauritius is a surfing, windsurfing and kitesurfing paradise, boasting palm fringed beaches, crystal clear turquoise waters and excellent conditions. If you dream of surfing the waves of the Indian Ocean during your holiday in Mauritius, this beginner course at Le Morne will give you an excellent starting point
Located on the south-western tip of the island, Le Morne is one of the most popular water sport destinations in Mauritius. Not only is this isolated peninsula one of the prettiest and windiest places on the island, but it is also famous for its World Heritage status and world-class waves, which are ideal for water sports. The trade winds blow all year round, offering excellent surf conditions, but the most consistent period is between May and December.
If you require lessons, the Club Mistral/ Skyriders centre offers expert surf tuition for both beginners and experts, which are tailored to your individual requirements. The friendly, qualified instructors will ensure that you get the very best out of your experience, which is a way of life for them. The centre is ideally located at the Indian Resort on the most famous spot of Le Morne, where water sport enthusiasts can take advantage of a variety of conditions for maximum fun in the water.
As a new student you will learn the basics of surfing on a long board over a 10-hour period. Generally, the maximum number of students in one group is limited to eight people, but one to one tuition is also available. The first step of the course includes general knowledge and basic techniques combined with exercises on the beach, followed by exercises in the water. If you wish to continue with the lesson after completing the entry course, you can continue with the intermediate course. The system is very flexible as the price level remains the same.
Once you have mastered the basic surfing techniques, you will hopefully be able to keep your balance on your board and ride your very first wave inside Le Morne’s shallow turquoise lagoon. Perfect for novices, the lagoon is bordered by a reef located about 600m offshore. The waves break nicely here and there is a fairly big swell. More experienced surfers can venture further along the peninsula to more challenging spots. Prepare for plenty of action and adventure on the waves. Surfing in Le Morne is an exhilarating experience not to be missed.
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Discover Dubai's many urban pleasures and explore the coastal beauty of western Mauritius
- The only revolving restaurant in Dubai, Al Dawaar is located on the 25th floor of the hotel with spectacular views of the blue Gulf waters, the Creek and the amazing skyline of Dubai.
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
Exotic Mauriitus coupled with the dazzling city of Dubai with LUX* Grand Gaube and Pullman Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Stay at the romantic hideway LUX* Grand Gaube followed by glamorous Dubai
- Staying at LUX* Grande Gaube will make your holiday memorable with the hidden treasures they have to offer you during your stay
- Pullman Jumeirah is set within a great location just a few minutes walk to the marina and close by to the metro for you to explore Dubai
- Some of the treasures are you may stumble on a secret bar where you can make your own cocktail, enjoy a classic film at the Cinema on the beach these are only a few to mention
Relax and Unwind on the beautiful sandy beaches of Mauritius followed by the duty free shopping in Dubai
- All inclusive meals, drinks and afternoon team included
- Enjoy a spa at the seven colour spa suite at the Palmar Resort
- Your hotel in Dubai is close to the shopping malls offer free shuttle bus and only a short distance to Jumeirah Beach
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Veranda Palmar Beach Resort is set in lush tropical gardens that lead down to an endless stretch of white sandy beach on...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Lux* Grand Gaube, lies on a sheltered private cove on the north-east coast of Mauritius, not far from Grand Baie. This...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.