Northern Mauritius Sailing Magic
Duration: Half Day
Explore Northern Mauritius’ spectacular coastline from the comfort of a luxury catamaran. This relaxing day in paradise will introduce you to the enchanting Ilot Gabriel, one of the five Northern Islets located off Mauritius’ mainland. Discover dazzling white beaches, crystal clear waters and vibrant underwater seascapes. This is one of the most memorable sailing tours in Mauritius.
Located off the east coast of Madagascar, the beautiful volcanic island of Mauritius boasts some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world. What better way to explore its natural beauty than on a relaxing catamaran cruise across the sparkling turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean. From Grand Baie (Grand Bay), you will sail along Mauritius scenic north coast until you reach Ilot Gabriel, one of the most beautiful offshore islets in the country.
Marvel at the picture-postcard scenery as you step onto pristine white sands fringed by swaying coconut palms. The beach is protected by a calm turquoise lagoon which offers wonderful opportunities for snorkeling. Spend time relaxing on the beaches or swimming in the warm shallow waters. Beneath the surface, the seascapes are equally breathtaking.
Grab your snorkeling equipment and spend time exploring the Indian Ocean’s exquisite undersea treasures. Marvel at the vibrant coral reefs, which are inhabited by a myriad of tropical sea life. Swim freely amongst hundreds of colourful exotic fish, in addition to sea turtles, starfish, stingrays, sea anemones and a wealth of other exciting marine species. Snorkeling in Mauritius is an unforgettable adventure not to be missed.
Back on board the catamaran, your friendly crew will serve you a delicious barbeque lunch and refreshments before setting sail once again. Feel the tropical breeze in your hair and the sun on your face as you glide back down the north coast, passing Gunner’s Quoin (Coin de Mire) and Flat Island known as (Île Plate in French) on the way. Gunner’s Quoin is renowned for its unmistakeable jagged rocky cliffs and unique wedge shape.
The islet is also a private nature reserve for many different birds, so look out for native and migratory species on your journey. In contrast, Flat Island, as its name suggests, is a flat, low-lying islet which is in danger of submersion due to rising sea-levels. On top of a single hill lies a historic 19th century lighthouse, which is still working today. You will stop for a refreshing swim in the translucent azure waters en route before heading back to Grand Bay. This magical sailing adventure will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of your holiday in Mauritius.
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Discover Dubai's many urban pleasures and explore the coastal beauty of western Mauritius
- The only revolving restaurant in Dubai, Al Dawaar is located on the 25th floor of the hotel with spectacular views of the blue Gulf waters, the Creek and the amazing skyline of Dubai.
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
Discover two different sides of the world in one unique escape with LUX* Grand Gaube and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
The ideal places to create a lifetime of memories in Mauritius and Dubai
- Relax at Lux* Me Spa & Fitness - Providing an combination experience of Nutrition, Yoga, Spa Treatments & Retreats
- Combine a relaxing and romantic stay in Mauritius with a fun and lively stop in Dubai
- Double Tree Hilton only a short walk to one of the biggest malls in Dubai Mall of the Emirates
Exotic Mauriitus coupled with the dazzling city of Dubai with LUX* Grand Gaube and Pullman Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Stay at the romantic hideway LUX* Grand Gaube followed by glamorous Dubai
- Staying at LUX* Grande Gaube will make your holiday memorable with the hidden treasures they have to offer you during your stay
- Pullman Jumeirah is set within a great location just a few minutes walk to the marina and close by to the metro for you to explore Dubai
- Some of the treasures are you may stumble on a secret bar where you can make your own cocktail, enjoy a classic film at the Cinema on the beach these are only a few to mention
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of two different destinations
- Escape from daily stresses and routine and enjoy a relaxing Spa treatment in Dubai
- Intercontinental Mauritius is within 15-min drive from the main tourist region of Grand Baie and 50-min drive from Plaisance International Airport
- Unlimited recreation opportunities and world-class dinning facilities at Intercontinental Mauritius
Veranda Palmar Beach Resort is set in lush tropical gardens that lead down to an endless stretch of white sandy beach on...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Lux* Grand Gaube, lies on a sheltered private cove on the north-east coast of Mauritius, not far from Grand Baie. This...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.