Eastern Mauritius Sailing Magic
Duration: Half Day
Located in the southwest Indian Ocean, off the east coast of Madagascar, the stunning island nation of Mauritius is blessed with some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Combined with a glorious tropical climate and calm turquoise blue waters, this idyllic holiday destination attracts sailing enthusiasts from all over the world. Spend a day cruising along the breathtaking east coast to the paradise island of Ile aux Cerfs. This magical adventure at sea will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of your holiday in Mauritius.
Step aboard a stylish catamaran and let your cares float away as you sail out onto the sparkling azure waters of the Indian Ocean, Feel the sun on your face whilst you relax on deck with refreshments, and enjoy being pampered by the friendly crew. Marvel at the beautiful scenery as you cruise gently along Mauritius’s east coast, passing miles of white sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons, lush green mountains and quaint villages.
This region undoubtedly offers the richest coastal scenery in the country. Take in the views of the famous Grande Rivière Sud Est (Grand River South East) with its beautiful mountains and waterfall before we continue onwards to the idyllic island of Ile aux Cerfs (French for Deer Island). There are no deer left on the island today but its rare natural beauty entices many a traveller and honeymooner to its shores.
Regarded as a pearl in the Mauritian landscape, this small tropical gem floats in the beautiful emerald lagoon of "Trou d'eau Douce". Miles of palm lined sandy beaches and spectacular coral reefs await you: this picture-perfect Robinson Crusoe island is the epitome of paradise and a dream destination. Spend your time soaking up the sun on soft powdery white sands or explore the island to find your very own secluded cove. Enjoy a refreshing swim in the warm crystalline waters and discover the natural beauty both above and below the surface.
Snorkeling is a fantastic way to get up close to Mauritius’ exquisite undersea treasures. The warm tropical waters of the Indian Ocean host an abundance of marine life, including hundreds of brightly-coloured exotic fish, sea turtles, octopus, rays, sea anemones, starfish and even dolphins if you are lucky. Explore the vibrant coral gardens and marvel at the colours and diversity of this majestic natural aquarium. For something more adventurous, Ile aux Cerfs provides a wide range of water sports such as parasailing, kayaking, wind surfing and water skiing.
Your magical sailing experience includes a sumptuous barbecue lunch, which will either be served on board or on one of the beautiful island beaches. Not to be missed, this tour offers a wonderful day of pure relaxation in paradise.
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Enjoy the best of both worlds - tranquil Mauritius at Recif Atitudein combined with vibrant and never sleeping Dubai
Admire beautiful Pointe aux Piments sunsets and relax on a white sandy beach in the friendly Récif Attitude hotel and explore the wonders of Dubai including one of the most famous shopping malls - The Mall of the Emirates
- Early Check in and Late Check out Guaranteed along with Dine Around at Recif Attitude
- The Mall of the Emirates is just few minutes walk away from the Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha
- Recif Attitude, an adults only hotel, is a perfect choice for couples, friends or newly-weds to relax and unwind in its calm and friendly atmosphere
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Exotic Mauriitus coupled with the dazzling city of Dubai with LUX* Grand Gaube and Pullman Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Stay at the romantic hideway LUX* Grand Gaube followed by glamorous Dubai
- Staying at LUX* Grande Gaube will make your holiday memorable with the hidden treasures they have to offer you during your stay
- Pullman Jumeirah is set within a great location just a few minutes walk to the marina and close by to the metro for you to explore Dubai
- Some of the treasures are you may stumble on a secret bar where you can make your own cocktail, enjoy a classic film at the Cinema on the beach these are only a few to mention
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of two different destinations
- Escape from daily stresses and routine and enjoy a relaxing Spa treatment in Dubai
- Intercontinental Mauritius is within 15-min drive from the main tourist region of Grand Baie and 50-min drive from Plaisance International Airport
- Unlimited recreation opportunities and world-class dinning facilities at Intercontinental Mauritius
Veranda Palmar Beach Resort is set in lush tropical gardens that lead down to an endless stretch of white sandy beach on...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Lux* Grand Gaube, lies on a sheltered private cove on the north-east coast of Mauritius, not far from Grand Baie. This...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.