Eastern Mauritius Sailing Magic
Duration: Half Day
Located in the southwest Indian Ocean, off the east coast of Madagascar, the stunning island nation of Mauritius is blessed with some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Combined with a glorious tropical climate and calm turquoise blue waters, this idyllic holiday destination attracts sailing enthusiasts from all over the world. Spend a day cruising along the breathtaking east coast to the paradise island of Ile aux Cerfs. This magical adventure at sea will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of your holiday in Mauritius.
Step aboard a stylish catamaran and let your cares float away as you sail out onto the sparkling azure waters of the Indian Ocean, Feel the sun on your face whilst you relax on deck with refreshments, and enjoy being pampered by the friendly crew. Marvel at the beautiful scenery as you cruise gently along Mauritius’s east coast, passing miles of white sandy beaches, turquoise lagoons, lush green mountains and quaint villages.
This region undoubtedly offers the richest coastal scenery in the country. Take in the views of the famous Grande Rivière Sud Est (Grand River South East) with its beautiful mountains and waterfall before we continue onwards to the idyllic island of Ile aux Cerfs (French for Deer Island). There are no deer left on the island today but its rare natural beauty entices many a traveller and honeymooner to its shores.
Regarded as a pearl in the Mauritian landscape, this small tropical gem floats in the beautiful emerald lagoon of "Trou d'eau Douce". Miles of palm lined sandy beaches and spectacular coral reefs await you: this picture-perfect Robinson Crusoe island is the epitome of paradise and a dream destination. Spend your time soaking up the sun on soft powdery white sands or explore the island to find your very own secluded cove. Enjoy a refreshing swim in the warm crystalline waters and discover the natural beauty both above and below the surface.
Snorkeling is a fantastic way to get up close to Mauritius’ exquisite undersea treasures. The warm tropical waters of the Indian Ocean host an abundance of marine life, including hundreds of brightly-coloured exotic fish, sea turtles, octopus, rays, sea anemones, starfish and even dolphins if you are lucky. Explore the vibrant coral gardens and marvel at the colours and diversity of this majestic natural aquarium. For something more adventurous, Ile aux Cerfs provides a wide range of water sports such as parasailing, kayaking, wind surfing and water skiing.
Your magical sailing experience includes a sumptuous barbecue lunch, which will either be served on board or on one of the beautiful island beaches. Not to be missed, this tour offers a wonderful day of pure relaxation in paradise.
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Discover two different sides of the world in one unique escape with LUX* Grand Gaube and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
The ideal places to create a lifetime of memories in Mauritius and Dubai
- Relax at Lux* Me Spa & Fitness - Providing an combination experience of Nutrition, Yoga, Spa Treatments & Retreats
- Combine a relaxing and romantic stay in Mauritius with a fun and lively stop in Dubai
- Double Tree Hilton only a short walk to one of the biggest malls in Dubai Mall of the Emirates
Combine a relaxing break in the heart of the Indian Ocean at outrigger mauritius resort and spa with a shopping trip in Dubai
The two resorts offer the best of both worlds set in idyllic locations whether you chose a relaxing or more active holiday, with amazing activities and facilities to match
- The Outrigger Resort offers amazing facilities with three swimming pools, a vast array of sports on offer and The Navasana Spa providing an opportunity to relax and unwind
- The Asiana offer a unique experience with the best in oriental hospitality with added Arabian luxury with a clam and inviting atmosphere
- An idyllic holiday blend - the tropical island of Mauritius and the modern city of Dubai
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Mauritius' longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist and an elegant 5* Hotel offering luxurious accommodation in the heart of the City of Dubai
- Take some time to enjoy the spa treatments on offer at the Auris Plaza Spa with plenty of variety in methods
- Both hotels feature perfect location, great dining facilities and free Wi-FI. This twin-centre suites both couples and families
- Long Beach is a great place to gravitate to in the evenings, to eat from a selction of tastes from around the world
Discover the beauty of two different destinations
- Escape from daily stresses and routine and enjoy a relaxing Spa treatment in Dubai
- Intercontinental Mauritius is within 15-min drive from the main tourist region of Grand Baie and 50-min drive from Plaisance International Airport
- Unlimited recreation opportunities and world-class dinning facilities at Intercontinental Mauritius
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The first Sofitel SO brand in the world is a luxury Eco resort, set in an oasis of nature in the south of Mauritius,...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Lux* Grand Gaube, lies on a sheltered private cove on the north-east coast of Mauritius, not far from Grand Baie. This...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.