Croisieres Australes Harris Wilson
Duration: Half Day
The beautiful island nation of Mauritius attracts sailing enthusiasts from all over the world, eager to bask in the year-round, warm tropical sunshine and cruise the sparkling azure waters of the Indian Ocean. If you are planning to embark on your own sailing adventure during your holiday in Mauritius, climb board the beautiful Harris Wilson II catamaran and enjoy an exhilarating day to remember.
Mauritius’ coastline is breathtaking, whichever the side of the island you visit, but this particular tour will take you sailing along either the North or West Coast. Relax on board the magnificent Harris Wilson II, a 60ft former racing catamaran which was redesigned for cruising.
Departing from Grand Baie, we set sail across the crystal clear turquoise waters towards tropical islets located off Mauritius’ main coast. Your professional crew will look after you throughout the day as you relax on the spacious deck with snacks and refreshments. Listen to the sails billowing in the wind and the waves crashing against the hull as you lie back in the sun and let your cares float away. Sailing in Mauritius is a wonderful way to unwind.
Admire the scenery on the way as we cruise past idyllic golden beaches lined with lush vegetation and swaying palms. As we anchor near one of famous islets such as Coin de Mire, L'Ilot Gabriel, L'ile aux Cerfs or Île Plate (Flat Island), you can spend time swimming or soaking up the sun on some of the most beautiful beaches in Mauritius. The pristine white virgin sands are encircled by breathtaking emerald lagoons and vibrant coral reefs that are just waiting to be explored. The islets are popular destinations for swimming and snorkeling, attracting many visitors on day cruises, although you can always find your very own secluded cove.
Look out for native wildlife as you explore – both above and below the water. The Indian Ocean hosts a rich diversity of tropical marine life, including brightly-coloured reef fish, game fish, sea turtles, moray eels and several shark species; whilst on land the diverse landscapes throughout Mauritius provide important habitats for many endemic animal and bird species such as the unique Paille en Queue. Exploring the islets and coastline will open your eyes to the wonders of nature in one of the world’s most beautiful holiday destinations.
A delicious barbeque lunch of grilled fish, chicken and fresh salads will also be included in the tour, and music and entertainment will be provided on the way. Sunset cruises can also be arranged in addition to the day cruises. Witnessing the sun set over the Indian Ocean is a breathtaking experience not to be missed.
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
The holiday you will not be able to resist - the Tamassa all-inclusive resort in Mauritius with a stay in Dubai
Imagine relaxing on the shores of the Indian Ocean's most exotic island, then exploring the jewel of the Emirates - where else than in Mauritius and Dubai
- Complete your stay with a shopping trip in luxurious 5* Dubai
- Enjoy a range of water sports including windsurfing, sailing, snorkelling & more
- Vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing at the Tamassa all-inclusive resort
Combine a relaxing Mauritius holiday at sofitel so mauritius bel ombre and Arabian luxury in exciting Dubai
Unwind and relax in the beautiful tropical paradise that is Mauritius before experiencing the many modern wonders of magical Dubai .
- Upgrade to Half board for breakfast and dinner , local drinks included soft drink, beer and rum, tea/coffee and water. drinks during dinner
- Enjoy 3nts in the vibrant city of Dubai enjoying duty free shopping
- Sofitel So Mauritius Lushury Room includes, 24 hr - butler service private garden with open air bathtub, patio and outdoor shower and complimentary WIFI
Combine a relaxing break in the heart of the Indian Ocean at outrigger mauritius resort and spa with a shopping trip in Dubai
The two resorts offer the best of both worlds set in idyllic locations whether you chose a relaxing or more active holiday, with amazing activities and facilities to match
- The Outrigger Resort offers amazing facilities with three swimming pools, a vast array of sports on offer and The Navasana Spa providing an opportunity to relax and unwind
- The Asiana offer a unique experience with the best in oriental hospitality with added Arabian luxury with a clam and inviting atmosphere
- An idyllic holiday blend - the tropical island of Mauritius and the modern city of Dubai
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Discover the beauty of two different destinations
- Escape from daily stresses and routine and enjoy a relaxing Spa treatment in Dubai
- Intercontinental Mauritius is within 15-min drive from the main tourist region of Grand Baie and 50-min drive from Plaisance International Airport
- Unlimited recreation opportunities and world-class dinning facilities at Intercontinental Mauritius
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Discover peace of mind like you've never had it before as you head out to an Indian Ocean island known for its...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Merville Beach Produced by Lux* sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Luxury Mauritian hotel Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort and Spa has revealed a new look after an extensive renovation including completely redesigned rooms and revamped facilities. As well as new interiors, the family-friendly resort on Mauritius’ historic La Pointe aux Canonniers peninsula has expanded its spa.
The Shangri-La Le Touessrok Resort & Spa Mauritius has announced a special collaboration with the property’s former owner and chef Jacqueline Dalais. The resort is named after the island of Touessrok in Brittany, France, and to celebrate its heritage a new five-course menu has been launched which reinvents the traditional dishes Jacqueline Dalais used to serve to her special guests, including Princess Anne.
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.