Duration: Half Day
Spend time exploring the natural beauty and historical treasures of the South East coast during your holiday in Mauritius, one of the most beautiful islands in the world. This relaxing tour will take you sailing out onto the sparkling turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean, stopping at deserted islets, magnificent waterfalls and the historic Vieux Grand Port on the way. Relax and enjoy the breathtaking Maldivian scenery as we cruise on a beautiful catamaran across the clear azure waters of the Indian Ocean, past pristine white sandy beaches lined with palm trees and idyllic tropical islets inhabited by exotic birds.
We soon reach Vieux Grand Port, the first port on the island and the gateway to the country. It is particularly famous for the legendary French naval victory over the British during the Battle of Grand Port in 1810. Now a Cultural Heritage Site, this peaceful town is steeped in history as this is where the island’s first inhabitants disembarked and settled in 1598. The Dutch explorers were the first to land in Mauritius, believed to have settled in the beautiful bay of Mahébourg before choosing the higher grounds of Vieux Grand Port for the construction of their Dutch headquarters in the early 17th century. The Dutch fortress was named Frederik Hendrik in honour of their ruler. The site was taken over by the French, however, in the early 18th century when the Dutch abandoned the island. The remains of the fort, shops and early dwellings can still be seen today. In the lagoon below, visitors will also see a jetty built by the Dutch from stones.
Aside from its history, this part of the island is also renowned for its outstanding natural beauty. Lion Mountain dominates the site of this early Dutch colony, whilst the hills of Anse Jonchée host the beautiful Domaine du Chasseur nature reserve. This area is a must for wildlife lovers. We sail onwards to admire the wild beauty of Grand River South East Waterfalls. Popular with both locals and tourists, you can swim in the cool waters here and dive off the waterfalls into the sea below, or stop and take photos of the scenic surroundings.
A sumptuous buffet lunch will be served on board your catamaran before we cruise onwards to the stunning island of Ile aux Cerfs (French for Deer Island). Located in the breathtaking turquoise lagoon of "Trou d'eau Douce”, this paradise islet is surrounded by coral reefs which host an abundance of marine life. Snorkel in the crystalline waters and discover Mauritius’ spectacular undersea treasures, or relax and soak up the sun on the glorious white-sand beaches. Water sports such as parasailing, kayaking, windsurfing and waterskiing are also available on Ile aux Cerfs. This is a day of pure relaxation and discovery in one of the world’s most beautiful countries.
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Discover Dubai's many urban pleasures and explore the coastal beauty of western Mauritius
- The only revolving restaurant in Dubai, Al Dawaar is located on the 25th floor of the hotel with spectacular views of the blue Gulf waters, the Creek and the amazing skyline of Dubai.
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
Discover two different sides of the world in one unique escape with LUX* Grand Gaube and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
The ideal places to create a lifetime of memories in Mauritius and Dubai
- Relax at Lux* Me Spa & Fitness - Providing an combination experience of Nutrition, Yoga, Spa Treatments & Retreats
- Combine a relaxing and romantic stay in Mauritius with a fun and lively stop in Dubai
- Double Tree Hilton only a short walk to one of the biggest malls in Dubai Mall of the Emirates
Combine a relaxing Mauritius holiday at sofitel so mauritius bel ombre and Arabian luxury in exciting Dubai
Unwind and relax in the beautiful tropical paradise that is Mauritius before experiencing the many modern wonders of magical Dubai .
- Upgrade to Half board for breakfast and dinner , local drinks included soft drink, beer and rum, tea/coffee and water. drinks during dinner
- Enjoy 3nts in the vibrant city of Dubai enjoying duty free shopping
- Sofitel So Mauritius Lushury Room includes, 24 hr - butler service private garden with open air bathtub, patio and outdoor shower and complimentary WIFI
Mauritius' longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist and an elegant 5* Hotel offering luxurious accommodation in the heart of the City of Dubai
- Take some time to enjoy the spa treatments on offer at the Auris Plaza Spa with plenty of variety in methods
- Both hotels feature perfect location, great dining facilities and free Wi-FI. This twin-centre suites both couples and families
- Long Beach is a great place to gravitate to in the evenings, to eat from a selction of tastes from around the world
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Veranda Palmar Beach Resort is set in lush tropical gardens that lead down to an endless stretch of white sandy beach on...
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Lux* Grand Gaube, lies on a sheltered private cove on the north-east coast of Mauritius, not far from Grand Baie. This...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.