Duration: Half Day
Spend time exploring the natural beauty and historical treasures of the South East coast during your holiday in Mauritius, one of the most beautiful islands in the world. This relaxing tour will take you sailing out onto the sparkling turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean, stopping at deserted islets, magnificent waterfalls and the historic Vieux Grand Port on the way. Relax and enjoy the breathtaking Maldivian scenery as we cruise on a beautiful catamaran across the clear azure waters of the Indian Ocean, past pristine white sandy beaches lined with palm trees and idyllic tropical islets inhabited by exotic birds.
We soon reach Vieux Grand Port, the first port on the island and the gateway to the country. It is particularly famous for the legendary French naval victory over the British during the Battle of Grand Port in 1810. Now a Cultural Heritage Site, this peaceful town is steeped in history as this is where the island’s first inhabitants disembarked and settled in 1598. The Dutch explorers were the first to land in Mauritius, believed to have settled in the beautiful bay of Mahébourg before choosing the higher grounds of Vieux Grand Port for the construction of their Dutch headquarters in the early 17th century. The Dutch fortress was named Frederik Hendrik in honour of their ruler. The site was taken over by the French, however, in the early 18th century when the Dutch abandoned the island. The remains of the fort, shops and early dwellings can still be seen today. In the lagoon below, visitors will also see a jetty built by the Dutch from stones.
Aside from its history, this part of the island is also renowned for its outstanding natural beauty. Lion Mountain dominates the site of this early Dutch colony, whilst the hills of Anse Jonchée host the beautiful Domaine du Chasseur nature reserve. This area is a must for wildlife lovers. We sail onwards to admire the wild beauty of Grand River South East Waterfalls. Popular with both locals and tourists, you can swim in the cool waters here and dive off the waterfalls into the sea below, or stop and take photos of the scenic surroundings.
A sumptuous buffet lunch will be served on board your catamaran before we cruise onwards to the stunning island of Ile aux Cerfs (French for Deer Island). Located in the breathtaking turquoise lagoon of "Trou d'eau Douce”, this paradise islet is surrounded by coral reefs which host an abundance of marine life. Snorkel in the crystalline waters and discover Mauritius’ spectacular undersea treasures, or relax and soak up the sun on the glorious white-sand beaches. Water sports such as parasailing, kayaking, windsurfing and waterskiing are also available on Ile aux Cerfs. This is a day of pure relaxation and discovery in one of the world’s most beautiful countries.
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Relax and Unwind on the beautiful sandy beaches of Mauritius followed by the duty free shopping in Dubai
- All inclusive meals, drinks and afternoon team included
- Enjoy a spa at the seven colour spa suite at the Palmar Resort
- Your hotel in Dubai is close to the shopping malls offer free shuttle bus and only a short distance to Jumeirah Beach
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Combine the excitement and adventure of South Africa with a luxurius stay in Maritius
- Swim with Dolphins in Mauritius for a simply amazing tropical experience
- Experience a spectacular Ballon Safari at Mabula Game Lodge
- Capture the magic and wonder of the big five in South Africa
outrigger mauritius resort and spa + atlantis, the palm
- Embrace complete comfort and luxury on a magnificent scale
- Thrills and relaxation for families and couples alike at this breathtaking man-made island
- Surrender your senses to Bel Ombre's exquisite beachfront paradise
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Discover peace of mind like you've never had it before as you head out to an Indian Ocean island known for its...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Merville Beach Produced by Lux* sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
The Shangri-La Le Touessrok Resort & Spa Mauritius has announced a special collaboration with the property’s former owner and chef Jacqueline Dalais. The resort is named after the island of Touessrok in Brittany, France, and to celebrate its heritage a new five-course menu has been launched which reinvents the traditional dishes Jacqueline Dalais used to serve to her special guests, including Princess Anne.
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.