Bois Cheri, La Vanille Reserve Des Mascareignes and Saint Aubin
Duration: Half Day
Discover Mauritius´s most ancient and important activity of cultivating tea and making some of the finest in the world at the Bois Chéri tea plantation. Then imagine adding to the tour a new and completely different experience of discovery as you visit a reserve park with Nile crocodiles and many other exotic creatures. To this then add the finishing touch of visiting an authentic vanilla plantation and a beautiful greenhouse athurium…An eclectic mix of adventures for the culture thirsty…and a tour that is sure to quench the thirst of all Tea enthusiasts and animal lovers alike!
To begin with this tour will take you on an exploring route along the magnificent Bois Chéri tea plantation and its extensive and beautiful lush grounds. You´ll embark on a journey of discovery to learn of the history and importance of tea in Mauritian life. After a panoramic drive along tea plantations you will witness the tea making process at the Bois Chéri factory where you´ll also be able to sample the different flavours of tea made here. Dismantle the beauty of a lush green Mauritius where the undulating shapes of the tea plantations stretch out far into the distant horizon. You will then proceed to have lunch at the colonial Saint Aubin House in a glamorous setting belonging to a nostalgic bygone era. Dating back to 1819 this imposing mansion will be the perfect host to a traditional delicious meal that will fill your lunchtime with a pleasant colonial atmosphere.
The excursion will continue at La Vanille Réserve des Mascareignes, a wonderful animal park with the most exotic creatures imaginable! Opened in 1985 in a southern part of Mauritius that has managed to preserve a feeling of “old Mauritius” more than any other, this is a unique place where the manner of the people and the traditions remain as unchanged and unspoilt as the scenery. The guides here will take through unforgettable walks amidst rich greenery where palm trees and giant bamboos provide shade to the thousands of Nile Crocodiles being reared here and which you will get the chance to see up-close in perfect safety.
After meeting your crocodilian friends you will go on to visit the famous giant tortoises, the main feature of the park with over 300 captive bred Aldabra tortoises raised here over the last 20 years. You’ll get the incredible chance of meeting Domino, a 95 year old tortoise weighing no less than 275 kg! Yet another highlight of this reserve is the fantastic collection of butterflies and many other bright-coloured insects kept here; at one of the largest insectariums in the world! Our local expert Mr Siedleck has 30 years of experience and many hours of patient work at creating this amazing collection that he himself will show you as he tells you all about his passion for insects.
And just before you end this fabulous tour you’ll be taken back to Tea World, this time to visit a unique Vanilla plantation and a splendid anthurium greenhouse intermingled with vanilla pods. Don’t think it twice and come along to this exciting excursion around Mauritus’s most authentic landscapes! This tour with its amazing combination of flora and fauna experiences is without doubt a naturalist’s ideal adventure dream come true!
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Enjoy the best of both worlds - tranquil Mauritius at Recif Atitudein combined with vibrant and never sleeping Dubai
Admire beautiful Pointe aux Piments sunsets and relax on a white sandy beach in the friendly Récif Attitude hotel and explore the wonders of Dubai including one of the most famous shopping malls - The Mall of the Emirates
- Early Check in and Late Check out Guaranteed along with Dine Around at Recif Attitude
- The Mall of the Emirates is just few minutes walk away from the Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha
- Recif Attitude, an adults only hotel, is a perfect choice for couples, friends or newly-weds to relax and unwind in its calm and friendly atmosphere
Discover Dubai's many urban pleasures and explore the coastal beauty of western Mauritius
- The only revolving restaurant in Dubai, Al Dawaar is located on the 25th floor of the hotel with spectacular views of the blue Gulf waters, the Creek and the amazing skyline of Dubai.
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
Relax and Unwind on the beautiful sandy beaches of Mauritius followed by the duty free shopping in Dubai
- All inclusive meals, drinks and afternoon team included
- Enjoy a spa at the seven colour spa suite at the Palmar Resort
- Your hotel in Dubai is close to the shopping malls offer free shuttle bus and only a short distance to Jumeirah Beach
Ideal Combination of Sea, Sand and Sights at Zilwa Attitude Hotel and Doubletree by Hilton al Barsha
- Experience traditional Mauritius with Zilwa Atittude Hotel being typical of Mauritian homes and paying tribute to local heritage
- Great culinary adventures await with live cooking restaurants, barbecues, traditional Indian and Thai cuisine just some of the restaurants available
- Many exquisite beaches including four beaches on two private islands in Mauritius and the famous Jumeirah Beach in Dubai
Combine a relaxing Mauritius holiday at sofitel so mauritius bel ombre and Arabian luxury in exciting Dubai
Unwind and relax in the beautiful tropical paradise that is Mauritius before experiencing the many modern wonders of magical Dubai .
- Upgrade to Half board for breakfast and dinner , local drinks included soft drink, beer and rum, tea/coffee and water. drinks during dinner
- Enjoy 3nts in the vibrant city of Dubai enjoying duty free shopping
- Sofitel So Mauritius Lushury Room includes, 24 hr - butler service private garden with open air bathtub, patio and outdoor shower and complimentary WIFI
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
Veranda Palmar Beach Resort is set in lush tropical gardens that lead down to an endless stretch of white sandy beach on...
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Lux* Grand Gaube, lies on a sheltered private cove on the north-east coast of Mauritius, not far from Grand Baie. This...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.