Pamplemousses Garden, Sugar World and Grand Bay and Goodlands
Duration: Half Day
A tour for the most adventurous that want to get to explore most of North Mauritius´s cultural riches in a day and combine it with the best of leisure activities and incredible shopping opportunities!
With this fantastic tour along Mauritius ´northern beauties and historical sites you will spend a day of pure escapism as you explore authentic Mauritian wonders. The tour will begin with a visit to one of the world´s oldest gardens The Pamplemousses Gardens, named after the tree (Pomélos) that grows so abundantly in this region. This 60 acre state first belonged to the French governor Labournaiss when he bought a magnificent house in these grounds which he called Chateau Mon Plaisir, an imposing mansion of charming colonial beauty. This magnificent estate then passed to the hands of a new owner, yet another French governor Pierre Poivre, who turned out to be a passionate horticulturist. It was him who turned these grounds into the blooming gardens that we see today, planting a unique collection of indigenous and exotic plants from all over the world. Take a leisurely stroll around the many natural beauties that surround you in the grandeur of these gardens and be amazed at the sight of the giant lily pond, Pamplemousses´ most famous feature.
From here onwards your trip will continue towards Sugar World with a full visit to an ancient sugar factory now converted into an extraordinary museum exhibiting the history of cane production in Mauritius. Also known as L´Aventure du Sucre Museum, this centre is housed at the old mill in Beau Plan sugar estate, once a magnificent witness to the important years of sugar cane production. At this peculiar museum you will learn about the important role the sugar industry played in the development of the island during the colonial era. The visit will include free rum and special sugar tasting at the end of the tour.
A succulent lunch will follow at Le Fangourin Restaurant offering you a fresh Mauritian taste of locally caught fish such as vaccoas served with parsley-flavoured olive oil. Dine with gusto in this charming restaurant and finish off your meal with one of the Mauritian signature flavoured rums, an island specialty.
And after these refreshments your journey will take you to Grand Bay, the touristic centre of Mauritius with the widest variety of shops, entertainment and many restaurants. This lively village is the ideal place to go for a walk and take in the beautiful sights. Spend some time at leisure in this wonderful sea side resort with its charming marina and top of the class shopping centres, luxury stores and many craft and paint galleries. The life of all Mauritian evenings, Grand Bay offers the best of nightlife in the island with many bars and discos offering nightly entertainment. With a wide range of nautical activities, Grand Bay will offer you with the best shopping experience in the island against a backdrop of turquoise blues.
And finally, for the finishing touch to the day´s activities you will end this tour with a visit to Goodlands, a small town definitely worth the visit, especially for its Historic Marine boatbuilding factory where we´ll be making a stopover for a tour around this fabulous ship modelling unit.
Mauritius Holidays Browse all
Exotic Mauriitus coupled with the dazzling city of Dubai with LUX* Grand Gaube and Pullman Jumeirah Lakes Towers
Stay at the romantic hideway LUX* Grand Gaube followed by glamorous Dubai
- Staying at LUX* Grande Gaube will make your holiday memorable with the hidden treasures they have to offer you during your stay
- Pullman Jumeirah is set within a great location just a few minutes walk to the marina and close by to the metro for you to explore Dubai
- Some of the treasures are you may stumble on a secret bar where you can make your own cocktail, enjoy a classic film at the Cinema on the beach these are only a few to mention
Lap up the mesmerising coastal beauty of western Mauritius and then explore Dubai - a city of wonders
Discover and Experience the best of both worlds Mauritius and Dubai
- Take advantage of the tennis courts, beach volley ball and many indoor games at Anelia Beach Resort
- Dubai stay at a TripAdvisor Winner with a Certificate of Excellence hotel
- The Perfect location of Anelia Beach Resort will let you enjoy Mauritius breathtaking sea views
Combine a relaxing Mauritius holiday at sofitel so mauritius bel ombre and Arabian luxury in exciting Dubai
Unwind and relax in the beautiful tropical paradise that is Mauritius before experiencing the many modern wonders of magical Dubai .
- Upgrade to Half board for breakfast and dinner , local drinks included soft drink, beer and rum, tea/coffee and water. drinks during dinner
- Enjoy 3nts in the vibrant city of Dubai enjoying duty free shopping
- Sofitel So Mauritius Lushury Room includes, 24 hr - butler service private garden with open air bathtub, patio and outdoor shower and complimentary WIFI
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Mauritius' longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Longbeach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist and an elegant 5* Hotel offering luxurious accommodation in the heart of the City of Dubai
- Take some time to enjoy the spa treatments on offer at the Auris Plaza Spa with plenty of variety in methods
- Both hotels feature perfect location, great dining facilities and free Wi-FI. This twin-centre suites both couples and families
- Long Beach is a great place to gravitate to in the evenings, to eat from a selction of tastes from around the world
The perfect location to discover the beauty of Mauritius and experience the luxury of Dubai
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha offers luxurious accommodation as all rooms have an HD TV with Wi-fi as well as opulent bathrooms facilities to make it a comfortable stay
- Add an excursion package (a half-day Dubai city tour, aÂ desert safari and a ÂDhow cruise experience) for Â£99 more per person
- Enjoy a luxury and comfortable stay at Sofitel So in a Lushury Room including a private garden with open air bathtub
Ideally located on the West coast of Mauritius in the village of Flic en Flac and only 2 km from the restaurants, casino...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Beautifully perched on Mauritius' northern coast and perfectly positioned right next to the fishermen’s village of...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Combine an enchanting beach break in idyllic Mauritius with a faster-paced Middle Eastern city exuding glamour and style...
The first Sofitel SO brand in the world is a luxury Eco resort, set in an oasis of nature in the south of Mauritius,...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adult only hotel, decorated in bright and...
Lux* Grand Gaube, lies on a sheltered private cove on the north-east coast of Mauritius, not far from Grand Baie. This...
Merville Beach - Grand Baie sits on a sheltered, palm fringed bay on the north coast of Mauritius. This well established...
Holiday Inn Dubai- Al Barsha is situated on Sheikh Zayed Road next to the Mall of Emirates and only a short distance to...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Related articles for Mauritius
Mauritius NewsBrowse all Mauritius News
Mauritius introduces new "Golfing Mauritius Pass" to golf-loving holidaymakers Keen golfers planning a Mauritius holiday will now be able to benefit from the newly-launched "Golfing Mauritius Pass", a ticket enabling them to enjoy a minimum of two rounds at all of Mauritius' nine championship 18-hole courses.
The Mauritius Tourism Promotion Authority has announced that the island nation received an 11 per cent increase in international visitors in 2016. According to the Tourism Authority, the idyllic island in the Indian Ocean received 1.28 million tourists last year, beating the 1.15 million recorded in 2015. There was also a nine per cent increase in travellers from the United Kingdom.
Bernhard Haechler has been appointed as the new General Manager of Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa in Mauritius. Haechler has dual Swiss and South African nationality, and he brings more than 20 years of senior management level experience and expertise to the role. He will be responsible for overseeing operations and teams at the 200-room luxury hotel.