With its cobalt blue waters, shallow lagoons and colourful marine life, Maldives holidays appeal to a wide range of travellers, but especially to sun-seekers looking for the ultimate island hideaway escape that feels a universe away from the real world. A stunning collection of virginal coral islands that offer the most spectacular underwater playground for divers and snorkellers, the Maldives are the epitome of serene natural beauty with dreamy beach resorts built to pamper guests from head to foot.
Introducing the Maldives
With some of the world's best beaches, exceptional hotels and exciting watersports, the many tiny islands and atolls of the Maldives form a huge azure playground for honeymooners and travellers seeking the height of luxury and privacy.
With only 200 of the thousand-plus islands in the Maldives permanently inhabited, and a further 80 exclusively reserved for tourists, you can enjoy a desert island style experience, a scuba diving adventure or a luxury hotel getaway, all at the same time. Or you can indulge yourself at one of the many wellbeing spas for an invigorating and relaxing holiday experience.
Have a chat with one of our travel advisers to find out where to begin your most idyllic Maldivian island experience.
Find love on your very own piece of island paradise
The Maldives comprise over a thousand islands, islets and atolls, so finding your own little slice of paradise shouldn't be hard. Sparkling sands, crystal clear lagoons and radiant sunshine create a glow in your heart that lingers long after you've made the reluctant trip back home.
Explore the cobalt blue waters of the Indian Ocean
Discover one of the world's few remaining unspoiled holiday gems and try your hand at a range of watersports. With some of the best scuba diving locations in the world, and a myriad of watersports available, such as kitesurfing, canoeing and plenty of others to try, The Maldives are a must for anyone who loves to get wet and wild.
Relax on some of the world's best beaches
The Maldives has lots to offer but it's perhaps the beaches that are the main attraction. Lush vegetation is only separated from the ocean by some of the world's most beautiful stretches of shoreline. In many cases you'll find that your hotel occupies the whole island, so the beach will never be crowded.
Find your own island retreat and dive into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean on a romantic getaway. Experience your own watersports adventure in a beautiful lagoon teeming with tropical fish. Or relieve the tension of the modern world and relax in a health and wellbeing spa.
Our expert travel advisors can help you find ways to enjoy everything these incredible islands have to offer. Call us today to create your very own unforgettable Maldives holiday.
Maldives Holidays Browse all
Follow secret pathways through tropical gardens, savour exquisite cuisine and luxury accommodation, scuba dive to spot whale sharks or simply chill in the sands...
- Enjoy access to some of the nation's most beautiful dive sites & explore the depths of the Indian Ocean
- Complimentary activities include Reef Snorkelling, Kayaking, Pedal Boats & more
- Take advantage of the 7 exquisite restaurants and the 6 lively bars
A perfect hideaway amidst swaying palm trees, untouched natural beauty and glistening sands is what makes the Maldives a little piece of heaven on earth
- Relax & indulge in the therapeutic wonders of Ayurveda and Aromatherapy at the Spa
- luxurious water villa very spacious and includes a lounge are and on your own private deck a plungle pool
- offering a wide selection of fine dining
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on beaches of soft white sand at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity
- Tickle your taste buds with the rich flavours and innovative cuisine including exotic Thai and Oriental influences
- Enjoy endless activities including Diving, Snorkelling, Water-Skiing and More
- Awaken your senses and treat yourself to a treatment at the Araamu Spa
Experience an exotic escape for less on Kuredu Island in the Maldives where you can enjoy the resort's array of facilities and exquisite dive sites
- With over 3km of white pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful Bungalows nestled in the tropical garden or on the Beach few steps from the turquoise water
- Offering an array of facilities including a plush Spa and Six hole golf course
Two scintillating destination brings together everything a holiday should be, relaxation, perfect surrounding and a taste of two worlds
- Tickle your taste buds from a choice of 8 Restaurants including an Italian & Indian
- Enjoy a variety of activities including Snorkelling, Diving, Parasailing, Windsurfing & Much More
- Complete your stay with a shopping trip in luxurious 5* Dubai
Just 45 minutes by seaplane from Male lies a little piece of heaven, surrounded by the clearest azure waters that house the wonders of the underwater world
- Have a buffet meal at Malaafaiy Restaurant whilst enjoying a stunning view of the lagoon
- Relax at the blissful Chavana Spa offering Signature Massages and Body Treatments
- Enjoy the Evening Entertainment including Disco Music and the Famed Maldivian Cultural Show
Kuredu Island Resort is one of the larger resorts in the Lhaviyani Atoll, an area famous for its abundant fish life....
Lux* Maldives is tucked away on the picturesque island of Dhidhoofinolhu in the South Ari Atoll. This resort opened in...
Located on a private island in the unspoilt atoll of Haa Alifu, Beach House Iruveli, is a new luxury resort opened in...
Sitting right by the seashore the magnificent Kurumba Island resort is the first private island resort in the Maldives...
Escape to a tropical island paradise of pristine beaches, translucent waters and colourful corals reef at Lily Beach...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for Maldives
Maldives NewsBrowse all Maldives News
Jean Michel-Gathy from Denniston Architects has unveiled his latest design project - the Cheval Blanc Randheli in the Maldives. The luxurious new hotel is located on the unspoilt Noonu Atoll, 40 minutes from the capital, Male, and it boasts 45 open-plan villas with sliding walls, infinity pools, and spacious indoor and outdoor living areas.
A brand new luxurious resort will be opening in the Maldives next month, providing the ultimate high end experience for holidaymakers. Velaa Private Island boasts 43 private villas, 18 of which are built over the water on stilts; three restaurants, two bars, and a wine cellar; and a spa, yoga pavilion, a golf academy, and dive centre.
The Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa will be hosting the Four Seasons Maldives Surfing Champions Trophy next month and the first three contenders have been announced. Australia's Damien Hardman, Tom Curren from the United States, and Pedro Henrique of Brazil will be battling it out for the trophy at the luxury resort in front of visitors and guests visiting the Maldives.