Feel the power and mystique of over 5,000 years of history aboard a luxury vessel as you cruise the Nile in style between Luxor and Aswan, admiring Egypt’s most breathtaking landscapes on the way. For 7 nights you’ll be sailing aboard the Presidential Nile Cruise and making the most of a range of excellent onboard facilities, dining options and elegant accommodation. Once your sailing journey of discovery comes to an end another amazing cultural experience begins as you are spend a further 7 nights in legendary Luxor, enjoying premium accommodation at the five-star Sheraton Luxor hotel, fantastically located to provide you with easy access to the city centre and a myriad of cultural and historical attractions right at your doorstep.
- Departs: london
- Arrives: luxor, Egypt
- Departs: luxor, Egypt
- Arrives: london
Presidential Nile Cruise - Wednesday
- Lower Deck Cabin
- Full Board
Presidential Nile Cruises owns and runs a fleet of 7 deluxe boats and offers regular cruises between Luxor and Aswan. Each of the Presidential Nile Cruise vessel has comfortable tastefully decorated cabins with air-conditioning and an elegant dining room. For sun-lovers, there is a large sundeck with loungers and a swimming pool to relax and unwind with spectacular views of the Nile. Presidential Nile Cruises offer guests the chance to discover and enjoy over 5,000 years of history, see the picturesque Egyptian countryside and experience the grand beauty of the Nile in comfort and style.
- Prices Exclude Excursions
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package from £149pp
- Exclusive Offer:
- Only pay £119pp for the Full Excursions Package save £30pp - Valid for stay between 01 January - 31 October 2013
Presidential Nile Cruise Itinerary
Day 1 Wednesday - Luxor
Embark before lunch and spend an afternoon at leisure on board the Presidential Nile Cruise.
- Overnight in Luxor
Day 2 Thursday - Luxor • Edfu
Visit the West Bank and see the Necropolis of Thebes Valley of Kings, Hatshepsut Temple and the Clossi of Memnon then sail to Edfu.
- Overnight in Edfu.
Day 3 Friday - Edfu • Kom Ombo • Aswan
Visit the Temple of Horus in Edfu then sail to Kom Ombo to visit the temple shared by the two gods - Sobek and Haroeris. Sail to Aswan where you will spend the night.
- Overnight in Aswan
Day 4 Saturday - Aswan
Visit the High Dam and the Temple of Philae. Sail in a felucca on the Nile and enjoy views of Elephantine Island and view the Agha Khan Mausoleum.
- Overnight in Aswan.
Day 5 Sunday - Aswan • Esna • Kom Ombo
Enjoy a morning at leisure in Aswan or take an optional excursion to the temples of Abu Simbel. In the afternoon sail to Esna via Kom Ombo and continue on to Luxor.
- Overnight in Luxor.
Day 6 Monday - Luxor East Bank
Visit the famous East Bank of Luxor and explore the Karnak and Luxor Temples.
- Overnight Luxor.
Day 7 Tuesday - Qena
Sail to Qena and visit Dederah, Sail to Luxor.
- Overnight in Luxor.
Day 8 Wednesday - Luxor
Disembark after breakfast.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DURING THE MONTHS OF MAY - AUGUST, THE EDFU TEMPLE VISIT WILL BE REPLACED WITH A VISIT TO THE NUBIAN MUSEUM. THE CRUISE WILL SAIL TO QUENA, THERE IS AN OPTIONAL VISIT TO DENDERA WHICH WILL BE AT AN ADDITIONAL COST.
- The order of the itineraries may be amended as a result of low-water levels, adverse weather conditions, lock closure or other unforeseen circumstances. Moorings at night are usually alongside other cruise vessels and sightseeing, when possible is organised to avoid the heat of the midday sun.
- Prices displayed are the leading prices per month based on two adults sharing a standard room on Full Board basis.
- Packages include return flights on various Charter Airlines from various U.K airports.
- All cruises are subject to availability and the prices and itinerary are subject to change.
- During the month of June and from 1 - 15 December, itineraries may be subject to change due the Esna Lock closure.
- We can combine any cruise with any hotel if you have a preference; please contact our reservations department for further details.
The boat was in need of modernisation. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Therre were other 5 star cruises which offered better facilities.
Kenneth Innes reviewing Presidential Nile Cruise - Wednesday (11-Mar-2013)
- Bed and Breakfast
- secluded setting in gardens, on the eastern bank of the river nile
- Three retaurants, two pool bars and 24 hour room service
- Wonderful range of recreational activities
The Sheraton Luxor Hotel sits in a prominent location on the eastern bank of the Nile and boasts panoramic river views. This hotel is close to the city centre making it an ideal base for exploring the city’s many attractions including the magnificent Luxor Temple and the Valley of the Kings. The Sheraton Luxor has excellent facilities with international restaurants and elegantly furnished guest rooms that overlook the Nile or the tropical gardens. This hotel is set in eight acres of gardens and palms and offers a pleasant retreat where you can relax in the shade of a palm tree or cool off in the swimming pool. Sheraton Luxor is an ideal choice for discovering the ancient wonders of Luxor.
Typical city hotel. Entertainment was 1 show per week so not good. The food was fine over the 3 restaurants BUT the buffet food was no better than warm on several occasions. Lunch time menu was very restricted. The pool attendants were great if you tipped them but they were worth it as they did...
Kenneth Innes reviewing Sheraton Luxor (11-Mar-2013)