Explore the beautiful region of Luxor whilst you enjoy a peaceful and luxurious 8-day stay at the Sofitel Old Winter Palace in Egypt. Set on the banks of the River Nile, just minutes away from Luxor Temple, the European-style construction was built in 1886 to host nobility and still maintains a distinguished charm.
After a hectic day of sightseeing, you can relax in the tranquil atmosphere and take advantage of the excellent facilities like the outdoor swimming pool and the roof-top bar, where you can sip cocktail as you observe the sun set over the Nile. Only breakfast is included in the meal plan, but there's no need to leave the property for a fine dining experience. Taste delicious snacks in the elegant English bar where a pianist plays soothing music in the evenings, and savour delicious dishes at the 1886 a la carte restaurant.
- Squash and tennis court as well as live entertainment to cater for all tastes
- Superb dining facilities including 1886, an a la carte restaurant, La Corniche for breakfasts and dinner and El Nakheel for snacks by the pool
- The hotel gardens allow guests to relax in beautiful surroundings complete with a large swimming pool or enjoy a cocktail on the terrace as the sun sets over the Nile
- Departs: london
- Arrives: luxor, Egypt
- Departs: luxor, Egypt
- Arrives: london
Sofitel Old Winter Palace
- Bed and Breakfast
- historic grand hotel on the Luxor corniche
- palm groves and lush tropical gardens
- sophisticated dining and elegant bars
The Sofitel Winter Palace in Luxor is set on the banks of the River Nile in the centre of Luxor, just minutes from Luxor Temple. This hotel was built in 1886 to host the nobility of Europe and has retained a distinctly European flavour and a historic charm. This luxury hotel features elegant guest rooms, superb facilities and fine restaurants serving French cuisine and the latest fusion dishes from around the world. The hotel's grounds are an oasis of relaxation with palm groves, lush tropical gardens and a large swimming pool. The Nile Terrace is the perfect spot to enjoy a refreshing drink and watch the sun set over the River Nile. The Sofitel Winter Palace offers a holiday of luxury, opulence and refinement in the fascinating city of Luxor.
Excellent and a beautiful extremely well run Hotel but food choices limited especially for lunch.
Anita Ellis reviewing Sofitel Old Winter Palace (17-Sep-2012)
£609 per person
Your holidays include:
- Representation Services