Pirate's Day Sail
Duration: Half Day
Sailing the Caribbean Seas is undoubtedly one of the highlights of a holiday in St Lucia. This beautiful volcanic island offers some of the most breathtaking scenery in the West Indies; boasting glorious white-sand beaches, crystalline waters, lush tropical jungle and dramatic mountainous peaks.
This particular sailing tour is unique, however, because you will be cruising on the famous ‘Brig Unicorn’ Tall Ship, a 140ft replica of an 18th century brig. Brigs were also used by pirates as early as the 16th century. Put on an eye patch, grab a sword and enjoy an exhilarating day at sea, where Pirates once sailed before you. This is a fun-filled day for all the family.
As soon as you climb aboard the Brig Unicorn tall ship, you can easily pretend that you are a pirate for the day. This majestic vessel was actually used as the 'Black Pearl' in the filming of all three Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and also in the TV drama Roots. There is even a photo album on the ship showing Johhny Depp (Captain Jack Sparrow) on board with the rest of the crew. Before we set sail, you can dress up as a pirate with eye patches, bandanas and swords, and even get your face painted. This will certainly keep the kids amused! Get ready to embark on the adventure of a lifetime.
Feel the sun on your face and listen to the ship’s 6000 sq. ft. sail billowing in the wind as we sail from Castries Beach along St Lucia’s picturesque west coast. You can just imagine the long ago days when Pirates sailed the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Marvel at the dramatic coastal scenery as we cruise past colourful fishing villages, notorious pirate coves, steep cliffs and numerous caves and inlets along the way.
Once we reach the picturesque town of Soufriere, St Lucia’s oldest settlement, climb ashore to explore the area’s most beautiful natural attractions – Sulphur Springs, the Caribbean’s only drive-in volcano, and the spectacular Diamond Falls waterfall, set amidst the lush Diamond Botanical Gardens. Afterwards, we will return to the ship to enjoy a sumptuous Caribbean buffet lunch on board.
Sip on a complimentary island rum punch or soft drinks as we sail towards our final stop, Anse Cochon. Here you will get the chance to swim or snorkel in the clear turquoise waters, swing into the sea from the ship's ropes, go on a treasure hunt or even walk the plank. Lose yourself in the adventure and leave your cares behind you. A relaxing day at sea doesn’t get much better than this.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two stunning hotels, The Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Take as much time as you need to rejuvenate in Bel Jou's fresh water pool
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa boasts in interesting charm of Mediterranean ambience blended with the lush tropical beauty of the Caribbean
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
St Lucia offers a combination of high mountains, lush forests, and pristine beaches. Its bustling capital Castries, sits...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.