Pirate's Day Sail
Duration: Half Day
Sailing the Caribbean Seas is undoubtedly one of the highlights of a holiday in St Lucia. This beautiful volcanic island offers some of the most breathtaking scenery in the West Indies; boasting glorious white-sand beaches, crystalline waters, lush tropical jungle and dramatic mountainous peaks.
This particular sailing tour is unique, however, because you will be cruising on the famous ‘Brig Unicorn’ Tall Ship, a 140ft replica of an 18th century brig. Brigs were also used by pirates as early as the 16th century. Put on an eye patch, grab a sword and enjoy an exhilarating day at sea, where Pirates once sailed before you. This is a fun-filled day for all the family.
As soon as you climb aboard the Brig Unicorn tall ship, you can easily pretend that you are a pirate for the day. This majestic vessel was actually used as the 'Black Pearl' in the filming of all three Pirates of the Caribbean movies, and also in the TV drama Roots. There is even a photo album on the ship showing Johhny Depp (Captain Jack Sparrow) on board with the rest of the crew. Before we set sail, you can dress up as a pirate with eye patches, bandanas and swords, and even get your face painted. This will certainly keep the kids amused! Get ready to embark on the adventure of a lifetime.
Feel the sun on your face and listen to the ship’s 6000 sq. ft. sail billowing in the wind as we sail from Castries Beach along St Lucia’s picturesque west coast. You can just imagine the long ago days when Pirates sailed the sparkling waters of the Caribbean. Marvel at the dramatic coastal scenery as we cruise past colourful fishing villages, notorious pirate coves, steep cliffs and numerous caves and inlets along the way.
Once we reach the picturesque town of Soufriere, St Lucia’s oldest settlement, climb ashore to explore the area’s most beautiful natural attractions – Sulphur Springs, the Caribbean’s only drive-in volcano, and the spectacular Diamond Falls waterfall, set amidst the lush Diamond Botanical Gardens. Afterwards, we will return to the ship to enjoy a sumptuous Caribbean buffet lunch on board.
Sip on a complimentary island rum punch or soft drinks as we sail towards our final stop, Anse Cochon. Here you will get the chance to swim or snorkel in the clear turquoise waters, swing into the sea from the ship's ropes, go on a treasure hunt or even walk the plank. Lose yourself in the adventure and leave your cares behind you. A relaxing day at sea doesn’t get much better than this.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular Caribbean resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
- Bay Gardens Hotel is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views plus its famed Splash Water Park
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two hotels, Island Inn Hotel and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Island Inn is located in the South Coast of Barbados near to many entertainment, restaurants, bars and Pebble Beach
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Enjoy All Inclusive perks at both hotels in Barbados and St Lucia
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday at Morgan Bay and Mango Bay
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
St Lucia Tourism Authority has revamped its online travel agent training program to simplify the structure and create a go-to information hub for destination sales and marketing. The Saint Lucia Expert program includes new modules on niche holiday types and fresh incentives for selling the Caribbean island.
Welcoming summer in style, the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority has just launched the Summer of Discovery campaign, giving holidaymakers amazing opportunities to save on a St Lucia holiday with discounts of up to 65 per cent on hotel bookings and a competition that will give travellers the chance to win $10,000 (£7,500)!
The luxurious Cap Maison in St Lucia will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, and to mark the occasion, the resort has created four exclusive drinks. Using local ingredients, the resort has produced an exclusive ale, rum, rum punch and red wine. In October, the luxurious resort will host a special three-day event to celebrate a decade in business.