Helicopter Sightseeing South Island Tour
Duration: Half Day
Just when you thought there were no more ways to discover the simply beautiful island of St. Lucia we have yet another amazing option in store! It is widely known that St. Lucia possesses a wide variety of natural attractions to be explored via various land and sea activities such as hiking, biking, driving, sailing and diving just to mention a few. Another fabulous way of touring the island of St. Lucia is by soaring around its skies…yes, you will be boarding a helicopter that takes you on an exhilarating journey over the southern side of the island in about 30 minutes. The Helicopter Sightseeing South Island Tour provides helicopters that comfortably seats six where you can fully enjoy a bird’s eye view of the island’s beauty.
The helicopter departs from an area around Castries as Castries is central to most of the hotels on the island. A lively and informative commentary will be provided by the pilot to enhance your viewing experience on this breathtaking tour. We are sure you’ll thoroughly enjoy this unique way of viewing some of the islands splendid topography from St Lucia’s most famous landmark, the Pitons, the dramatic twin peaks that stand majestically over 2000 feet from the blue sea on the western coast of the island; to the world’s only drive-in- volcano, the Sulphur Springs. Contemplate the magnificent view of the vents and sulfurous pools from above ground and let this amazing sight take your breath away. Moreover, these sights also present you with a fascinating lesson in the geology of the Caribbean.
This scenic flight also gives you the opportunity to view St. Lucia’s mountainous interior in which lies the island’s extensive National Rain Forest. You will be able to appreciate the extent of the island’s unspoiled natural beauty upon contemplating the island’s lush green forests which stretch across much of the island. Surrounding the dense interior is St. Lucia’s amazing coastline consisting of gorgeous shades of turquoise and sapphire waters that can be best admired as you hover above them. It has even been said that St. Lucia looks like an island that has been plucked from the South Pacific and set in the Caribbean Sea and this is something that can be more clearly appreciated from your unique viewpoint above ground.
Take it all in by helicopter. A guided helicopter tour of St. Lucia will show you another side of Soufriere, Pitons, the volcano, Pigeon Point, the Rain Forest and many fishing villages. Gazing down at this spectacular scenery, the sheer beauty of the island will remain as an indelible print on your memory. Complete your three dimensional exploration of the St. Lucia; land, sea and air!
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two stunning hotels, The Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Take as much time as you need to rejuvenate in Bel Jou's fresh water pool
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa boasts in interesting charm of Mediterranean ambience blended with the lush tropical beauty of the Caribbean
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
St Lucia offers a combination of high mountains, lush forests, and pristine beaches. Its bustling capital Castries, sits...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.