Helicopter Sightseeing South Island Tour
Duration: Half Day
Just when you thought there were no more ways to discover the simply beautiful island of St. Lucia we have yet another amazing option in store! It is widely known that St. Lucia possesses a wide variety of natural attractions to be explored via various land and sea activities such as hiking, biking, driving, sailing and diving just to mention a few. Another fabulous way of touring the island of St. Lucia is by soaring around its skies…yes, you will be boarding a helicopter that takes you on an exhilarating journey over the southern side of the island in about 30 minutes. The Helicopter Sightseeing South Island Tour provides helicopters that comfortably seats six where you can fully enjoy a bird’s eye view of the island’s beauty.
The helicopter departs from an area around Castries as Castries is central to most of the hotels on the island. A lively and informative commentary will be provided by the pilot to enhance your viewing experience on this breathtaking tour. We are sure you’ll thoroughly enjoy this unique way of viewing some of the islands splendid topography from St Lucia’s most famous landmark, the Pitons, the dramatic twin peaks that stand majestically over 2000 feet from the blue sea on the western coast of the island; to the world’s only drive-in- volcano, the Sulphur Springs. Contemplate the magnificent view of the vents and sulfurous pools from above ground and let this amazing sight take your breath away. Moreover, these sights also present you with a fascinating lesson in the geology of the Caribbean.
This scenic flight also gives you the opportunity to view St. Lucia’s mountainous interior in which lies the island’s extensive National Rain Forest. You will be able to appreciate the extent of the island’s unspoiled natural beauty upon contemplating the island’s lush green forests which stretch across much of the island. Surrounding the dense interior is St. Lucia’s amazing coastline consisting of gorgeous shades of turquoise and sapphire waters that can be best admired as you hover above them. It has even been said that St. Lucia looks like an island that has been plucked from the South Pacific and set in the Caribbean Sea and this is something that can be more clearly appreciated from your unique viewpoint above ground.
Take it all in by helicopter. A guided helicopter tour of St. Lucia will show you another side of Soufriere, Pitons, the volcano, Pigeon Point, the Rain Forest and many fishing villages. Gazing down at this spectacular scenery, the sheer beauty of the island will remain as an indelible print on your memory. Complete your three dimensional exploration of the St. Lucia; land, sea and air!
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular Caribbean resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
- Bay Gardens Hotel is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views plus its famed Splash Water Park
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- With Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa you have access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday at Morgan Bay and Mango Bay
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Guests at the Bay Gardens Resort in St Lucia (and its sister property Bay Gardens Hotel and Inn) now enjoy free access to Splash Island Water Park on Reduit Beach, the Caribbean's first floating water park on the open sea and one of the island's most popular attractions.
Magazine Marie Claire recently compiled the must-see and must-do activities on the island of Saint Lucia. An easy flight from the US, the island's compact size makes it a great choice for a weekend getaway.
As carnival season began to unfold last week, July is proving quite the successful month for St Lucia's tourism industry and hotels are reaping the benefits after reporting packed rooms. The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority worked hard this year to promote the island's summer festival at a global level, a move that has been a resounding success with record-high occupational levels for this time of year.