St Lucia Snorkeling
Duration: Half Day
St. Lucia is an island that will mesmerize its visitors from all angles. The aerial view of the island presents a beautiful juxtaposition of the lush green mountainous landscape against the surrounding turquoise and sapphire waters (you may want to book a window seat early). Upon landing you will be lured to explore the island’s many natural attractions such as the Sulphur Springs and the infamous Pitons or the irresistible beaches like Marigot Bay on the north-western coast.
What you will now discover is that these beautiful beach destinations offer more than lying on the beach or just going for a swim as they are opportunities for exploring the spectacular underwater world that coexists beneath the island. Snorkeling in some of the best spots of the island gives you an opportunity to admire the unique qualities of coral reefs and other marine life.
There are a wide variety of snorkeling sites around the island which are accessible with just a mask, snorkel and fins (which will be provided). You will enjoy snorkeling in the calm warm waters of the Caribbean Sea on the island’s west coast. The temperature of the Caribbean Sea is approximately 290C / 840F during the summer and ‘drops’ to 270C / 800F during the winter so regardless of what time of year you fancy visiting the island the Caribbean Sea offers pristine conditions for snorkeling.
The volcanic nature of the island is the basis for the amazing coral reefs, trenches, caverns and walls nestled with a variety of numerous tropical fish. The fish are as welcoming as the islanders themselves; due to restrictions on fishing for many years, the fish are quite used to sharing their waters with swimmers. Floating on the ocean’s surface in crystal clear sparking waters you will discover unspoiled shallow reefs with sea fans, sponges and crustaceans plodding along white soft coral.
First time snorkelers have no fear! Our crew is professionally trained and certified. They will teach you the snorkeling technique, provide guidelines on ocean safety, equipment use and ensure that the gear fits you correctly. The marine park fee is included in the price for this tour so just bring your family, friends, suntan lotion, camera…whatever…just come along!
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Creating an airy outdoor feel and incorporating flashes of Caribbean colour
- Experience one of the many sight seeing tours where you can discover st. lucia at its most beautiful
- Adventure trips both on land and at sea to suit every taste and requirement at cap maison
- discover nature like never before with an amazing holiday experience in Ladera resort
Stay close to the Island's vibrant and popular resorts with this twin centre holiday
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
The Blu St Lucia is an oasis of calm nestled between Reduit Beach and Rodney Bay Village. This hotel offers the perfect...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
First, make the most of the harmonious blend of luxury, tranquillity and seclusion that surrounds and characterises the...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Caribbean boutique hideaway Cap Maison, on the northern tip of St Lucia, will host a range of festive events for guests over the Christmas and New Year period, including a special hog roast on the beach, a gourmet Christmas dinner, a Boxing Day lobster grill and New Year’s Eve festivities.
Luxury all-inclusive resort Windjammer Landing Villa Beach on the northern coast of St Lucia has undergone a multi-million pound revamp and expansion, adding a set of new villas to the north of the resort and refreshing the existing villas and grounds with new features and updated decor.
Ritz-Carlton has announced that it will open a brand-new luxury resort in St Lucia in 2021, after signing a management agreement with Range Developments. The resort will have 180 guest rooms and suites, swimming pools, a spa, restaurants, meeting space, and it will be part of the Black May Master Development on the southern tip of the Caribbean island.