Land and Sea Safari by Jeep
Duration: Half Day
Ready for an adventure on one of the most gorgeous islands in the Caribbean? Then come to St. Lucia, an island that possesses a wealth of interest to be explored both at land and sea. The Land and Sea Safari by jeep provides nothing less. Whether you are an adventurer, nature lover or history/culture enthusiast St. Lucia offers you an island of enchanting diversities to explore. An open-top 4x4 Range Rover Jeep will be your mode of transport for the first phase of this full day adventure. Jump in, buckle up and let's go!
We begin on a scenic ride along the west coast of the island through acres of fascinating banana plantations. A journey through the rural villages of the north, namely the two quaint fishing villages of Anse La Raye and Canaries allows you to experience the local lifestyle of the warm and friendly St. Lucian people. Surrounded by breathtaking views of hills, valleys and the sea beyond, this open jeep tour is the perfect opportunity to capture the beauty of the island's natural landscape. A beautiful sight to admire at will dismantle before you as you enter the town of Soufriere, home of the stunning twin peaks, The Pitons, which possess their own aura as they rise majestically from the sea.
Next we will visit the 19th century old Fond Doux Plantation. This 250 year old working estate offers spectacular views, gorgeous natural landscapes, flowering trees and many different kinds of colorful tropical birds. An exhilarating walk along trails shall bring you in direct contact with this abundance of the tropical flora and fauna. At a local copra house you will see coconut being dried to later be processed into oil, margarine and soap. You can also see the first stages of how cocoa is processed into delicious chocolates that are later sold and distributed all over the world. The historic cocoa drying sheds are still used to sun-dry the cocoa pods and you will have the opportunity to taste these locally grown cocoa pods.
An enjoyable lunch break on site is followed by the ultimate phase of the excursion. Board the Catamaran for a soothing sail along the picturesque coastline. Smile and relax as you cruise through an environment that can easily be described as a sailor's paradise. With warm trade winds for most of the year the Caribbean is pure luxury and St. Lucia possesses some of the Caribbean's most attractive landscapes outlined by vibrant views of wave sculpted cliffs and inviting beaches. We stop for snorkeling and swimming at one of these golden sand beaches. A final cruise through the splendid Marigot Bay concludes the day as you will return to the dock where your jeep will be awaiting to take you back to your hotel.
Tip: Take along your camera, comfortable shoes, sunscreen, swimwear, towels and cash for souvenirs.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two stunning hotels, The Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Take as much time as you need to rejuvenate in Bel Jou's fresh water pool
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa boasts in interesting charm of Mediterranean ambience blended with the lush tropical beauty of the Caribbean
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel for couples. Escape to a romantic hideaway at Rendezvous on the beautiful island of St...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.