Around the Island
Duration: Half Day
Have you been dreaming of visiting a tropical island, with lush green forested interiors surrounded by pristine beaches, where you can feel free to relax and allow time to leisurely melt the hours away? Then stop dreaming and come along to one of our fantastic St. Lucia holidays! One of the Windward Islands of the Lesser Antilles, St. Lucia is located midway down the eastern Caribbean chain, between Martinique and St. Vincent. The shape of this unique island is usually said to resemble either an avocado or a mango (two Caribbean delights) whilst the rugged eastern coast of St. Lucia carved by the Atlantic Ocean provides a contrast to the western coast of the island which is caressed by the calm Caribbean Sea.
On this fantastic day tour you will find that St. Lucia possesses a unique mix of English and French Heritages which have molded the island's culture and traditions. Although the official language is English, a French based Creole patois is commonly spoken and the majority of towns, beaches and villages have French names. Spend an enchanting day exploring St Lucia's awe- inspiring beauty on our Around the Island tour. You will drive on the outskirts of the rainforest through splendid banana plantations and quaint fishing villages before arriving at the charming town of Soufriere.
At Soufriere take pleasure in viewing the dramatic and historical landmark of the Pitons. These volcanic twin peaks (Gros Piton and Petit Piton) stand majestically over 2000 feet above the sea sheltering enchanting rainforests. A walk through the Diamond Botanical Gardens leads you onto the stunning Diamond Waterfall. Enjoy the abundant floral landscape that beautifies the gardens with orchids, anthuriums and many other tropical flowers. You may even have the opportunity to see hummingbirds as they buzz by. The tour then takes you to the Sulphur Springs, the world's only drive-in volcano. St. Lucia is part of the volcanic mountain chain that borders the eastern Caribbean Sea. The island's volcanic history is evidenced by the bubbling activity of the steamy Sulphur Springs of the now dormant volcano.
The trip continues through picturesque villages in the south of the island along its dramatic eastern coastline. Knowledgeable and amiable guides will entertain you with enlightening folk tales of St. Lucia's versatile cultural heritage. A tasty lunch is served at local restaurant before returning to your hotel. Bon Appetite!
Tip: Bring along cameras, lots of film and wear comfortable shoes.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular Caribbean resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
- Bay Gardens Hotel is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views plus its famed Splash Water Park
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two hotels, Island Inn Hotel and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Island Inn is located in the South Coast of Barbados near to many entertainment, restaurants, bars and Pebble Beach
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Enjoy All Inclusive perks at both hotels in Barbados and St Lucia
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday at Morgan Bay and Mango Bay
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
St Lucia Tourism Authority has revamped its online travel agent training program to simplify the structure and create a go-to information hub for destination sales and marketing. The Saint Lucia Expert program includes new modules on niche holiday types and fresh incentives for selling the Caribbean island.
Welcoming summer in style, the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority has just launched the Summer of Discovery campaign, giving holidaymakers amazing opportunities to save on a St Lucia holiday with discounts of up to 65 per cent on hotel bookings and a competition that will give travellers the chance to win $10,000 (£7,500)!
The luxurious Cap Maison in St Lucia will be celebrating its 10th anniversary this year, and to mark the occasion, the resort has created four exclusive drinks. Using local ingredients, the resort has produced an exclusive ale, rum, rum punch and red wine. In October, the luxurious resort will host a special three-day event to celebrate a decade in business.