Brig Unicorn Day Sail
Duration: Half Day
The Brig Unicorn Day Sail offers a unique opportunity to visit sights that were used in the filming of popular movies. The Brig Unicorn or the ‘Brig’ as she is affectionately called stands tall at 140 feet. This tall ship is a replica of the 19th century Brig with 2.5 miles of running rigging and 6,000 Sq. feet of sail. Just imagine that this vessel which was featured in the filming of the movie “Roots” and the Blockbuster trilogy “Pirates of the Caribbean” will be your vessel for the day. She also took part in the 1976 Tall Ships Race.
The island of St. Lucia is widely known for its dramatic and beautiful scenery so bring those cameras and camcorders to capture the picturesque views of the island’s western coastline. Spend a delightful morning cruising on clear blue waters under the beaming sunlight; you can lie back relax and soak up the Caribbean sun whilst getting a natural tan. Have a guilt free lazy day sipping on Caribbean rum punch and soft drinks while being captivated by the unforgettable sight of the Pitons rising steeply out of the water. You might even get the chance to spot the sight of a few dolphins swimming joyfully as the St. Lucian waters are rich in marine life.
Cruise past two fishing villages; Anse La Raye and Canaries while sailing towards Soufriere. Disembark at the town of Soufriere and be given a guided tour of the Sulphur Springs / Volcano. This tour of the bubbly, steamy sulphur springs offers a direct lesson about the violent geology of the Caribbean rim. Many different colours are visible at the surface of the crater as a result of the various minerals which are continuously deposited there. The caldera is believed to be connected to the ocean because of the increased reactions during a full moon, which causes high tides.
Walk through lush tropical gardens where an abundance of flora adorns the landscape which ultimately leads you to the stunning Diamond Falls. These falls are of historical significance and your guide is sure to provide you knowledge of the water’s therapeutic values. Return to the Brig now for a delicious Creole buffet on board at the vessel. After lunch the crew takes you to the final stop at Anse Cochon. You have the opportunity to enjoy a swim in the entire splendor offered by St. Lucia’s tropical environment. To complete this adventure in fine style the crew sails through the beautiful Marigot Bay where the original DR. Doolittle movie was filmed.
Please note: Bring along swimwear, beach towels and sunscreen.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two stunning hotels, The Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Take as much time as you need to rejuvenate in Bel Jou's fresh water pool
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa boasts in interesting charm of Mediterranean ambience blended with the lush tropical beauty of the Caribbean
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Double the Sun and Double the Sand in Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia and Sandals Grande Antigua Resort and Spa
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Rendezvous - The Boutique Hotel for couples. Escape to a romantic hideaway at Rendezvous on the beautiful island of St...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.