Brig Unicorn Day Sail
Duration: Half Day
The Brig Unicorn Day Sail offers a unique opportunity to visit sights that were used in the filming of popular movies. The Brig Unicorn or the ‘Brig’ as she is affectionately called stands tall at 140 feet. This tall ship is a replica of the 19th century Brig with 2.5 miles of running rigging and 6,000 Sq. feet of sail. Just imagine that this vessel which was featured in the filming of the movie “Roots” and the Blockbuster trilogy “Pirates of the Caribbean” will be your vessel for the day. She also took part in the 1976 Tall Ships Race.
The island of St. Lucia is widely known for its dramatic and beautiful scenery so bring those cameras and camcorders to capture the picturesque views of the island’s western coastline. Spend a delightful morning cruising on clear blue waters under the beaming sunlight; you can lie back relax and soak up the Caribbean sun whilst getting a natural tan. Have a guilt free lazy day sipping on Caribbean rum punch and soft drinks while being captivated by the unforgettable sight of the Pitons rising steeply out of the water. You might even get the chance to spot the sight of a few dolphins swimming joyfully as the St. Lucian waters are rich in marine life.
Cruise past two fishing villages; Anse La Raye and Canaries while sailing towards Soufriere. Disembark at the town of Soufriere and be given a guided tour of the Sulphur Springs / Volcano. This tour of the bubbly, steamy sulphur springs offers a direct lesson about the violent geology of the Caribbean rim. Many different colours are visible at the surface of the crater as a result of the various minerals which are continuously deposited there. The caldera is believed to be connected to the ocean because of the increased reactions during a full moon, which causes high tides.
Walk through lush tropical gardens where an abundance of flora adorns the landscape which ultimately leads you to the stunning Diamond Falls. These falls are of historical significance and your guide is sure to provide you knowledge of the water’s therapeutic values. Return to the Brig now for a delicious Creole buffet on board at the vessel. After lunch the crew takes you to the final stop at Anse Cochon. You have the opportunity to enjoy a swim in the entire splendor offered by St. Lucia’s tropical environment. To complete this adventure in fine style the crew sails through the beautiful Marigot Bay where the original DR. Doolittle movie was filmed.
Please note: Bring along swimwear, beach towels and sunscreen.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two hotels, Island Inn Hotel and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Island Inn is located in the South Coast of Barbados near to many entertainment, restaurants, bars and Pebble Beach
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Enjoy All Inclusive perks at both hotels in Barbados and St Lucia
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- With Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa you have access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Guests at the Bay Gardens Resort in St Lucia (and its sister property Bay Gardens Hotel and Inn) now enjoy free access to Splash Island Water Park on Reduit Beach, the Caribbean's first floating water park on the open sea and one of the island's most popular attractions.
Magazine Marie Claire recently compiled the must-see and must-do activities on the island of Saint Lucia. An easy flight from the US, the island's compact size makes it a great choice for a weekend getaway.
As carnival season began to unfold last week, July is proving quite the successful month for St Lucia's tourism industry and hotels are reaping the benefits after reporting packed rooms. The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority worked hard this year to promote the island's summer festival at a global level, a move that has been a resounding success with record-high occupational levels for this time of year.