Enbas Saut Waterfalls Trail - St Lucia Natural Beauty
Duration: Half Day
Located in the Eastern Caribbean, St Lucia is blessed with a wealth of natural treasures that can easily be explored on foot. The island interior is dominated by lush tropical rainforests and dramatic mountain peaks, where you will find scenic rivers and beautiful waterfalls, whilst pristine white sandy beaches and crystal clear turquoise waters enhance the breathtaking coastal landscapes. This unforgettable hiking adventure will lead you along the Enbas Saut Waterfalls Trail in St Lucia’s Central Forest Reserve, just six miles east of Soufriere. Look out for beautiful endemic birds and bathe in fresh, pure waters. This is a wonderful way to appreciate St Lucia’s striking natural beauty.
Situated at the foot of Mount Gimie, St Lucia’s highest peak, the Central Forest Reserve comprises 19,000 acres of rainforest, dry forest, cloud forest and elfin woodlands, all of which are inhabited by a rich diversity of endemic wildlife. There are approximately 30 different trails to explore here, all of which boast incredible scenic beauty, but one of the most popular hikes will take you to the Enbas Saut Waterfalls, one of the island’s most beautiful natural features. This trail is approximately 5km long and has been rated moderate to strenuous, meandering through lush jungle and over steep steps, past the majestic twin Piton peaks (Piton Canarie and Piton Troumassee).
You can enjoy wonderful bird watching opportunities on the way, so look out for rare endemic species such as the St. Lucia Parrot, in addition to the St. Lucia Oriole, St. Lucia Black Finch, St Lucia Wren, Blue Hooded Euphonia, Mountain Whistler and Amazona Versicolor (Jacquot) if you are lucky. Many other beautiful wildlife species and exotic flora such as the Blue Mahoe and the Honduras Mahogany can also be spotted along the trail.
The highlight of the trip is Enbas Saut Waterfalls, of course, which you will eventually reach after hiking up numerous wooden steps. Enbas saut means “below the falls,” and this popular trail boasts two beautiful waterfalls and natural pools at the head of the Troumassee River. You won’t be able to resist taking a refreshing dip in the cool, clean waters whilst you enjoy the tranquillity of the rainforest. Relax and soak up the sights, sounds and smells of nature in this untouched paradise, which will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of your holiday in St Lucia.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular Caribbean resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
- Bay Gardens Hotel is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views plus its famed Splash Water Park
Enjoy an unforgettable Caribbean holiday with stays at vibrant Coco Palm in breathtaking Rodney Bay and at spectacular Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa.
- Discover the island during your stay at Coco Palm with an exceptional location in the heart of Rodney Bay Village
- Book a relaxing Spa treatment or massage at Coconut Bay's onsite spa centre, overlooking the ocean.
- Stay active during your holiday and enjoy yoga classes, tennis, pool activities, and a variety of water sports available at Coconut Bay, such as kayaking and snorkelling.
The ideal combination for the perfect St Lucian experience - discover the island's entertainment hub of the North and enjoy the serene tranquillity of the South.
- Enjoy the water park and dine around concept available at Bay Gardens Hotel
- Discover Rodney Bay and the numerous shops, bars and the beautiful Reduit Beach
- Experience the water park attraction at Coconut Bay Resort or rejuvenate at the Kai Mer Spa
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two hotels, Island Inn Hotel and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Island Inn is located in the South Coast of Barbados near to many entertainment, restaurants, bars and Pebble Beach
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Enjoy All Inclusive perks at both hotels in Barbados and St Lucia
Discover Antigua's prestine Beaches at St James's Club and Villas then St Lucia's Vibrant Culture at St James's Club, Morgan Bay
- This combined holiday includes All Inclusive at both properties and all of your flights and transfers
- St James's Club Morgan Bay is situated minutes from the world famous Rodney Bay marina and Gros Islet
- St James's Club and Villas boasts breathtaking ocean views on a private 100-acre peninsula
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Island Inn Hotel is a small, boutique 24-room all-inclusive property renowned for its excellent local meals. The Island...
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Coconut Court Beach Hotel is a popular, family run hotel located on a white sand beach in the heart of the vibrant South...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
Guests at the Bay Gardens Resort in St Lucia (and its sister property Bay Gardens Hotel and Inn) now enjoy free access to Splash Island Water Park on Reduit Beach, the Caribbean's first floating water park on the open sea and one of the island's most popular attractions.
Magazine Marie Claire recently compiled the must-see and must-do activities on the island of Saint Lucia. An easy flight from the US, the island's compact size makes it a great choice for a weekend getaway.
As carnival season began to unfold last week, July is proving quite the successful month for St Lucia's tourism industry and hotels are reaping the benefits after reporting packed rooms. The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority worked hard this year to promote the island's summer festival at a global level, a move that has been a resounding success with record-high occupational levels for this time of year.