Enbas Saut Waterfalls Trail - St Lucia Natural Beauty
Duration: Half Day
Located in the Eastern Caribbean, St Lucia is blessed with a wealth of natural treasures that can easily be explored on foot. The island interior is dominated by lush tropical rainforests and dramatic mountain peaks, where you will find scenic rivers and beautiful waterfalls, whilst pristine white sandy beaches and crystal clear turquoise waters enhance the breathtaking coastal landscapes. This unforgettable hiking adventure will lead you along the Enbas Saut Waterfalls Trail in St Lucia’s Central Forest Reserve, just six miles east of Soufriere. Look out for beautiful endemic birds and bathe in fresh, pure waters. This is a wonderful way to appreciate St Lucia’s striking natural beauty.
Situated at the foot of Mount Gimie, St Lucia’s highest peak, the Central Forest Reserve comprises 19,000 acres of rainforest, dry forest, cloud forest and elfin woodlands, all of which are inhabited by a rich diversity of endemic wildlife. There are approximately 30 different trails to explore here, all of which boast incredible scenic beauty, but one of the most popular hikes will take you to the Enbas Saut Waterfalls, one of the island’s most beautiful natural features. This trail is approximately 5km long and has been rated moderate to strenuous, meandering through lush jungle and over steep steps, past the majestic twin Piton peaks (Piton Canarie and Piton Troumassee).
You can enjoy wonderful bird watching opportunities on the way, so look out for rare endemic species such as the St. Lucia Parrot, in addition to the St. Lucia Oriole, St. Lucia Black Finch, St Lucia Wren, Blue Hooded Euphonia, Mountain Whistler and Amazona Versicolor (Jacquot) if you are lucky. Many other beautiful wildlife species and exotic flora such as the Blue Mahoe and the Honduras Mahogany can also be spotted along the trail.
The highlight of the trip is Enbas Saut Waterfalls, of course, which you will eventually reach after hiking up numerous wooden steps. Enbas saut means “below the falls,” and this popular trail boasts two beautiful waterfalls and natural pools at the head of the Troumassee River. You won’t be able to resist taking a refreshing dip in the cool, clean waters whilst you enjoy the tranquillity of the rainforest. Relax and soak up the sights, sounds and smells of nature in this untouched paradise, which will undoubtedly be one of the highlights of your holiday in St Lucia.
St Lucia Holidays Browse all
Bridgetown and Rodney Bay - Two popular resorts offering culture, food and fun
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort is Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Stay at Coconut Court Beach hotel and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Amazing Twin Centre Package with flights and transfers included
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
Make the most of the elegance surrounding two stunning hotels, The Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa and Bel Jou St. Lucia
- Take as much time as you need to rejuvenate in Bel Jou's fresh water pool
- Bel Jou St Lucia is the ultimate adults-only paradise - perfect for couples, singles, and friends alike
- Sugar Cane Club Hotel and Spa boasts in interesting charm of Mediterranean ambience blended with the lush tropical beauty of the Caribbean
Visit St Lucia and Barbados within one holiday
- Enjoy fun filled activities including water and land sports
- Discover the west coast of Barbados
- Discover St Lucia’s coast and its main city, Castries
Take a break in the Caribbean sun where you can relax soak up the beaming sun or take part in the abundance of activities on offer
- Guests can enjoy wide range of activities at Anse Chastanet Resort such as swimming, hiking, snorkelling and much more
- Relax and rejuvenate in the state of the art spa at Rendezvous , indulge yourself in one of the various wonderful treatments on offer
- Both resorts offer individually designed rooms specifically made to make guests feel at home in Caribbean luxury
Experience an ultra tranquil Caribbean twin centre getaway at beautiful St Lucia and picturesque Antigua
This holiday has been hand picked to ensure a holiday like no other offering ultimate relaxation and memories to last a lifetime
- Enjoy stunning views from The Verandah Resort and Spa, set on 30 beachfront acres in an idyllic bay on the unspoilt northeast coast of Antigua
- Rendezvous is for couples only, providing a haven of peace and relaxation, away from the hustle and bustle of many of the big resorts. It can be as intimate as couples require
- This holiday has been carefully selected to offer ultimate romance and relaxation for those looking for the ultimate Caribbean getaway
Start your journey with a vibrant and colourful Morgan Bay. Located just minutes away from magnificent Rodney Bay...
St James's Club & Villas sits on a private 100 acre peninsula with breathtaking ocean views and white sand beaches. This...
Tucked away in a pristine cove on the west coast of St Lucia, the St James's Club, Morgan Bay, St Lucia (formerly Morgan...
Relish some ‘you’ time in the Caribbean with a holiday that combines a stay upon the island of St Lucia and the island...
St Lucia offers a combination of high mountains, lush forests, and pristine beaches. Its bustling capital Castries, sits...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
Winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence (2013), Bay Gardens Hotel is located in the heart of St. Lucia, at...
Located in Saint Lucia's prime tourist area of Rodney Bay Village, Bay Gardens Inn offers a wide range of dining and...
Set in the heart of Rodney Bay Village, home to St. Lucia’s best beaches and entertainment capital, Coco Palm...
Located on one of the most beautiful beaches in St Lucia, Bay Gardens Beach Resort offers an enchanting mix of natural...
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1755 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Related articles for St Lucia
St Lucia NewsBrowse all St Lucia News
The island of St Lucia has unveiled a new look for its logo and brand. The new brand focuses on its natural beauty, culture, tropical landscapes, and friendly, hospitable locals. The new tagline for the Caribbean island is 'Saint Lucia, LET HER INSPIRE YOU', and it will be rolled out across various international marketing campaigns over the coming months.
The Caribbean island of St Lucia will introduce a new Food and Rum Festival to its Soleil festival series. Running from 12-14 January 2018, the island’s first ever celebration of St Lucian food and rum will feature celebrity chefs, special menus, demos and shows, plus the inaugural Caribbean Rum Awards.
Anse Chastanet and Jade Mountain resorts in St Lucia have once again been recognised for their exception environmental efforts. The two luxury resorts have been awarded Travelife Gold Certification status. The properties have been praised for managing their socio-economic and environmental impacts, while demonstrating their commitment to the environment, sustainability, and the local community.